2

Questionable Song Lyrics

Within the next three weeks, Ravi brings Hanna around the group more. She's still insufferable to deal with, but if it's for my best friend I'll put up with it. The only good thing to happen those few weeks is that my cousin moves in with me. Nari went deaf after a bad infection traveled and affected her inner ear, eventually deafening her. We've always been close, best friends actually; so learning sign language to communicate with her was an easy task to take on. She still looks the same except she has a rook piercing now and her waist length, black hair, is now just past shoulder length. We're discussing dinner when my front door is flying open and there stands Leo with a measuring cup in hand. He locks eyes with Nari and his face turns pink. Leo is the shy one in the group. He's tall and quiet with jet a little softer feature, black hair and can look a little intimidating, but is nonetheless a sweetheart.

"H-hi," he greets quietly. Nari gives me a confused look and I laugh. 

"Nari, Leo," I introduce, while signing. "Leo, Nari." His eyes widened and it takes a second before he waves at her with a shy smile. She smiles in return, causing him to blush and look confused when she signs something to me that makes me laugh. 

"What did she say?" he asks eagerly. 

"She thinks your blushing is adorable," I tell him with a chuckle. I tell her to go see Ravi next door and she nods, giving Leo one last smile before leaving. 

"That's your cousin?!" he exclaims, grabbing the flour from the cabinet and pouring it into the measuring cup. I nod. "You didn't tell us she was-"

"Deaf?" 

"Pretty." Wow, her deafness is usually the first think someone points out about Nari. Ravi and Nari have known each other for a long time, and Ravi has picked up on some sign language over the years. The rest of the guys have only met her a few times over the years, but are friendly when they're re-introduced to her when we're all at the apartment later on. I'm watching Ravi and Nari sign when I realized that he's learned quite a bit since the last time he saw her. 

"Have you been practicing?" I ask him as I'm helping him and Hakyeon make dinner. He nods. 

"You told me she was going to be living with you," he answers simply. "I thought I should brush up on my skills. I learned a lot of new things too, including the guys names so she can know who they are. Plus things about the city, just in case she needs to know them. " I don't know the swelling feeling I'm having in my chest, but it's short lived when Hanna announces her entrance into the apartment. She gives a pitied look when Ravi introduces her to Nari. 

"NICE TO MEET YOU, NARI," she shouts in her face. 

"She's deaf, Hanna," I snap, guiding Nari towards the couch where Ken and Hyuk are playing video games. "No matter how loud you yell, she can't hear you." She rolls her eyes and kisses Ravi before joining him in the kitchen. Hanna basically gets in the way in the kitchen as we're trying to prepare dinner. She's hanging all over Ravi, who is preparing the meat, as Hakyeon and I are chopping vegetables, frying and boiling things. It's always amazed me how our group could manage to have a meal and still maintain a full conversation. Ravi and Nari are signing about the meat during dinner when Hanna gives an aggrevated sigh. 

"Can we stop with the hand movements?" she snaps with an eyeroll. "They're givng me a headache." 

"Hanna," Ravi warns. 

"She's hearing impaired, Hanna," Hyuk retorts from across the table."She can't hear or talk." He furrows his eyebrows. "Can you talk?" 

"Not as well as she used to," I translate for Nari. "She usually signs and reads lips. It's just easier." Hanna rolls her eyes again and I feel my blood boil. Nari offers to go to the livingroom if she's making Hanna uncomfortable. "No, you don't have to leave the table. Hanna can just be polite." Nari shakes her head. 

"I can eat with her," Leo offers quietly with a blush, getting raised eyebrows from around the table. Nari nods eagerly and we watch them leave to the livingroom. I don't say anything the rest of the meal and I'm slamming plates around in the sink with more force then necessary. I swear under my breath when I cut my hand on a knife. That gets me a lecture on controlling my anger and a scolding from Ravi about being more careful because 'you know how long it takes your body for cuts to heal'. 

"Calm down," Ravi says quietly when I feel myself visibly shaking from being upset and I'm breathing hard. "We all know she was wrong, but you can't go around hurting yourself." I take a deep breath as he rests his hands on my shoulders. Somehow, he's always had a way of getting me to calm down when I'm literally on the verge of punching through a wall like I was a few seconds ago. "I'll talk to Hanna about it later when Nari isn't around. Just, calm down and-" 

"Have a drink?" I suggest with a hopeful grin. Ravi frowns at me and I sigh in defeat. "Fine." I feel my stomach turn unpleasantly and swallow it down, not to go unnoticed by Ravi. 

"Are you making youself sick over this?" I shake my head. "Were you sick earlier?" 

"Before dinner, but I was probably just hungry." He raises an eyebrow at him and I give pat him on the shoulder. "I'm fine, honestly." 

Ravi continues to date Hanna which is a blessing for him and a curse for the rest of us. It's hard to be civil to her and Hyuk agrees with me. I get my kicked at work as we continue on with this new project. It'd be fine if it wasn't draining all of my energy. Leo and Nari start to see each other more and she gets mad when I lovingly compare them to Ariel and Eric.She always frowns but blushes nevertheless. I continue to feel like crap and I figure it's just my body still adjusting to the diabetes medicine. Some days it's fatigue or being really thirsty; other days it's nausea, with the occasional vomiting. However, when I open the door to Ravi's apartment one day and find him and Hanna kissing in the kitchen, I feel nausea for reasons not related to possible health issues. 

"It was gross," I tell Nari with a shudder when we're eating dinner in front of my television an hour later. I make a face and she chuckles. My jaw drops when she accuses me of being jealous. "I am NOT jealous." Even though I can't find a logical explanation as to why seeing them kiss made my stomach turn over. "He's my best friend, why would I be jealous?" 

Because he's ditching me to be with Hanna friday night when we were supposed to have a movie night. I try hide my disappointed expression as he flutters around his apartment looking for his shoes. 

"Her parents are taking us out to dinner," Ravi tells me as he's looking underneath the couch. "We can have movie night tomorrow, okay?" He's never ditched me for another girl before. Nari is at Leo's apartment, Hakyeon and Hongbin went to karaoke while Ken had a date, leaving only one person left to spend my friday night with. 

"How come you just assumed I was the only person not doing anything?" Hyuk scoffs as he walks through my door. 

"Because I know you, Hyukkie," I answer as he settles on the couch with the bowl of popcorn. "You're kind of a homebody." He pouts and it's an action that I'll never stop finding adorable. "Plus, Ravi ditched me." His eyes widen when I settle on the couch next to him. 

"What?!" I nod. "B-but that never happens. You guys always have movie night on fridays. You even insisited on Saturday as date night because you had movie marathon night with Ravi hyung. It's your thing." I nod again. "I'm sorry, noona." I give him a weak smile as I hand him the remote control. I feel really tired and I'm asleep before we're even halfway through the movie. I wake up the next morning feeling as if I just went to sleep and someone woke me up five minutes later. 

"You've been asleep for twelve hours," I hear Ravi's voice say from above me. I crack an eye open to see him, Hyuk, and Nari looming over me as I'm stretched out on the couch. 

"Then what's another two," I retort, closing my eyes again and curling up under the blanket. 

"Are you feeling alright?" 

"I'm just tired. Work has been kicking my lately. Just let me sleep." I end up sleeping most of the weekend, only waking up to use the bathroom or eat when my stomach grumbles. I take the day off Monday because I still don't feel that great and that must've raised a red flag because Ravi's coming into my apartment at noon to wake me up. 

"You've slept all weekend," he states. "You need wake up and get out. Get some sunlight." He's literally shoving me into the shower and then dragging me out the apartment once I'm dressed. We get food from a street vendor and sit on a bench in the park. We eat in silence, well, he eats and I stare at my food in disinterest. "Eat, you're probably hungry." 

"I don't have an appetite," I mumble, setting the food down on the bench."I'm just really tired." I watch a couple walk by, hand in hand and feel a slight pang in my chest. I frown at the sudden feeling and can feel Ravi's eyes studying me. "How was dinner with the parents?" 

"Great!" he beams. "They invited me to their anniversary party on friday. " I nod because of course they did. "What's wrong?" I shake my head. "Come on, I know something's up." 

"Nothing is wrong, okay?" I snap, rising to my feet when I feel a headache coming on. "I just want to go home." We walk in silence back to our apartments. There's tension between us, but I'm really not in the mood to address it. "Have fun at the party." Ravi catches my hand before I'm walking into my apartment and I feel my stomach turn again. I look up at him and he has a sad, worried expression on his face. 

"You'd tell me if there was something bothering you, right?" I nod before he's pulling me into a hug. He kisses the top of my forehead and I feel heat climb up my cheeks. That's the most I see of him for the next couple weeks. I get busy at work and he's always with Hanna. I've walked in on them kissing three more times and every time my stomach is in knots afterwards. I don't know where these feelings are coming from, but it's weirding me out. Like how my chest feels oddly empty when Leo shows up at our door one night and signs to Nari, all by himself, asking her on a date. We both have a shocked reaction when she starts crying really hard. 

"Did I say it wrong?!" Leo panics with a shocked expression. "I didn't accidently insult her, did I?" 

"I don't think so," I answer. Nari finally calms down and I chuckle when she finally tells me why she just burst into tears. "She said you're the first guy to actually learn sign to ask her out. She was just really touched, you didn't insult her." Leo lets out a sigh of relief, and even smiles, before his cheeks turn pink. 

"Aren't they cute?" Ravi coos at Nari and Leo when he's at my apartment on friday, our first time hanging out in a month. We watch as a blushing Leo tells Nari she looks great before escorting her out the door. "Okay, so what are we marathoning tonight?" 

"We haven't had a horror movie marathon in a while," I state as I fire up Netflix on my laptop. He nods in agreement. 

"Sorry for being so busy lately," he apologizes as we surf through the choices. He settles on the something, Insidious if I'm right, and I curl up under a blanket, resting my head on his shoulder. We never hang out like this anymore, just the two of us. "Would it be sappy to say I missed you?" 

"Yes," I laugh, lifting my head to see his expression. Ravi sighs, a the corner of his lips turned up in a grin but looking mildy embarrassed. "But the feeling is mutual if that makes you feel any better." 

"Marginally." I laugh as he pulls his beanie farther down his head. I pull it over his eyes and start laughing when he swats my hands away. Somehow we end up really close, like really really close. Like noses-almost-touching-I-can-count-all-his-eyelashes-and-still-smell-his-toothpaste close. I'm pretty sure we both lean in at the same time-oh my gosh, I'm kissing my best friend...and as awkward as it sound he's kind of good at it.There's a knock on the door and we basically jump apart. I'm jogging to the door and I feel my stomach drop so fast I swear it hit the floor when Hanna is standing in my doorway. 

"Is Ravi here?" she asks rudely without a greeting, looking past me into the apartment. It takes every fiber of my being to not roll my eyes at her. Hanna raises an eyebrow as Ravi approaches the door. "Movie night?" 

"Yeah," Ravi answers simply. "It's a tradition of ours." 

"Couldn't you find any traditions that happen in broad daylight?" Hanna retorts unhappily with a dramatic flip of her now borderline purple hair. "I don't really like leaving my boyfriend in dark places with other girls." I raise an eyebrow at her and she gives me a false, sweet smile. I really don't like her. "We'll talk about it over drinks, yeah?" Hanna pulls Ravi out the apartment before he can say another word. I close the door and lean against it, suddenly nauseous. It has to be butterflies, but when they get more violent and I feel them about to escape, I realize it may not be butterflies. 

What am I going to do?