Day 16

Lost and Found

Day 16

~~~~~

-Taehyung-
 

I checked the last message I sent. Still no reply text from Mio. Was she still mad at me? Maybe she didn't hear my voice mail...

 

I shook my head and focused onward. She probably slept in for work. When I rang the doorbell I took those few minutes to call her cell phone again. But once more I get interrupted by her voice mail.

 

After waiting I realized that she gave me an extra key to the house as emergency. Quickly taking it out I unlocked the door with a click and very slowly, I opened the door.

 

The first thing I noticed was how quiet the house was. The main room seemed cleaned and untouched, as if no predator came around that area. The stove was off and there were only a single plate and frying pan in the drying rack. A single half glass of tea was sitting still on the counter top; and when I came over and touched it the liquid was room temperature cold.

 

When I saw that her wireless phone kept blinking I curiously looked over and checked. With a single press of the button the voice rang out: YOU HAVE 23 NEW MESSAGES. Checking them they all were from yesterday. I thought that maybe she saved them but then checking the sign at the bottom my eyes widen:all were unread.

 

Panic began to bubble up inside me. “Mio?” I called out. No answer. Okay, now I'm really worried. Putting the phone back to its receiver I ascended up the stairs and called her name again: “Mio?”

 

The more there was no response, the more eerily quiet it seemed to get. I crept closer to her room; for which the door was open ajar.

 

Clenching my fists my heart began to beat much more faster. My feet shuffled across the carpet until I was at the front step of her bedroom. Take a deep breath. Closing my eyes I placed my hand on the handle. Soon, I pushed it away.

 

Her bed hasn't been made. There was a silhouette right in the middle of the mattress, and a mess of clothes lied in a heap at the end of the cover. Turning to her closet it was open to reveal that 2/3 of her clothes were gone. What in the world...? I quickly went to her washroom and opening up the cabinets it was just as I expected – half of her things were missing.

 

Somewhere deep in my gut, I felt a sudden wrenching pull to my stomach. As if there was something really wrong with all this. I scanned the room looking for any more clues until my gaze landed on her computer desk. A single blue book lied faced open in the middle; with a pen in between the two open pages. That tug grew more stronger and tighter in me as I walked over and picked it up. Why do I get the feeling that this isn't a good sign?

 

Journal Entry No.15

 

Hello. It's been awhile since I last wrote, huh? These days, my mind has been everywhere. I still go home, wondering whether my sister comes back or not. But I'm not so lonely anymore, since I found myself a new boyfriend. Then my mind wandered about him. I think about him everyday; from his small little kisses he gives me to even how cheesy he could be. Haha, I'm love struck~

 

But soon I found out my where my sister could be found. Now, my mind is filled with being able to see her again after so long. Would that be possible? Could what I'm feeling right now be just a dream? I'm not entirely sure myself.

 

And so, I just want to say this will be my last entry. I'm going to search for my sister. It will be a long journey, but I can handle it well enough. I'm a bit nervous and both excited; but underneath that all I'm just determined. I never told my boyfriend I would go off and run away. I know he's probably worried sick for me not going to work.

 

Do I regret not telling him? Does he still hate me? Would he still hate me even after all this comes to an end?

Who knows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N

Another update! Sorry if it's quite short >< and also for the angsty end haha

Please check my feedback for this story, because I have school again and will be awfully busy once more. As well, I've gotten a slight cold so I feel really stuffy and my head hurts TT TT I hate getting sick...

Don't forget to subscribe and comment, feedback is highly appreciated :)

I'll see you guys on the next update then! Have a great day everyone~

-B.B