Model N63090

Taking A Chance

"Hello! I'm Cha Hakyeon, model number N63090 of the VIXXbot series.  It is nice to meet you." he gave a slight bow and  looked her in the eyes with a small smile.

______ awkwardly cleared and looked at her friends.

"Take him back." She said curtly.

"What? Why? He's adorable!"  Natalia said by poking the little bow she put in his hair to indicate that the bot was one of her birthday gifts.

Shauna came up to ________ and placed her hands gently on her friend's shoulders.

"_________? We're best friends, right?" 

Oh Jesus. When she used that tone, it meant an onslaught of awkward questions were about to come _________'s way.

"Yes," she breathed.  "We are."

"Well...as of today you're 24 and have no trace of a healthy social life.  You've graduated college, found a decent job, but you still insist on spending your days cooped up in this apartment with a bag of Lays nearby."

The bot slightly tilted his head as he noticed that  _________'s cheeks went pink.

"S-so?! I mean, I don't have the most exciting life as you two do. Big whoop. The reality is I'm just too tired.  Going out is kind of a watse of time. I'd rather just stay in and catch up on Game Of Thrones..."

Shauna sighed and let her arms drop from __________'s shoulders. She padded over to where the bot stood, slinging an arm over his shoulder.  

"My point exactly, _______.  You need someone to help you out of your shell. That's why Lia and I decided to get Mr. Cha for you!"

When he heard his name, Hakyeon smiled a bit more.

"AH! He's so adorable! If you won't take him, I will- OW!"  Natalia's sentence was cut short by a quick jab in her side.

"Like I said, we got this cutie for you," Shauna continued.  "Besides, we can't ship him back. He came all the way from Korea, after all..." Her line of gaze went upward and she nervously tapped on Hakyeon's shoulder.  In response, he turned to face her with a quizzical expression on his face.

__________ eyes flew open and she nearly fell onto the floor.  "KOREA!!!? You got this thing from SOUTH KOREA?! Where their line of bots are oh, I don't know, THIRTY GRAND!!!?"

Shauna began to shift her weight from foot to foot; another action that caused Hakyeon's expression to change from light curiosity to downright confusion. He could probably ask her what the heck was her problem but knowing his AI make up, he probably thought it better to stay silent. 

They made these things way too realisitic. 

"________! He wasn't thirty grand..more like a measly fifty thousand dollars..." As she mumbled that last part, she surely thought her best friend was going to blow a gasket.  

The older young  woman only sighed, face palmed, and pointed toward her door.

"Out. You two are absolutely nuts. There's no way I can afford maintenance on this...robot. Nor can I afford to be in debt to you two for making such a huge purchase."

Natalia opened to respond when she noticed that the bot gently removed Shauna's arm from his shoulder and approached ______ with quiet confidence.

"Actually, I am not a robot." _______ just now noticed the slight accent in his lilted English. She removed her hand from her face to find him staring right at her from a few feet away. His stance was poised, hands folded neatly in front of him.  It was a stark contrast to his street style outfit he wore. He acted more like a prince.  She backtracked slowly.

"Too realistic," she thought.

"In fact, I am what you would call a Cyborg.  An android created with artificial intellegence but with the ability to listen, learn, and in some cases, love."  His melodic speaking made ________ do a little bit more than blush. She was ready to bolt and/or crap her pants in....well she didn't know what the feeling was.

All she knew was she had to stop reading manga. 

"As far as maintenance goes, I have system updates every three weeks and restore energy at night.  If there should ever be a problem, my tracking function locates the nearest Care Center and sends an alert to that location. Costs for repair are covered under my insurance."  Hakyeon finished with a smile.  _______ opened and closed in disbelief.  She began to say something to retort, but a glance at the others in the room told her her efforts would be useless.  She sighed and pushed her glasses up to keep them from falling.

"Fine," she sighed again as she looked at her friends. "It can-"  a quiet clearing of the throat stopped her in midsentence and she started at the owner of the gesture with wide eyes. 

"I mean...you can stay...Mr. Cha..."

A huge smile spread accross Hakyeon's face and he clasped his hands together in delight.  "Call me Hakyeon!"  He closed the gap between them and gave her a hug. "Happy Birthday! Let's continue to celebrate!"

_________ froze and stared helplessly at Shauna and Natalia who were giving a thumbs up and silently fangirling respectively.

"I want my mommy." She thought as the excited bot began to slightly sway her back and forth singing "Happy Birthday" in Korean.

 


....Well then. That's just weird.  I apologize if N is super out of character. This is my first time writing for him. Please enjoy!