- Introduction -

Let's Be Honest

- LBH's Studio -


 


"Thanks for listenign to 'Let's be honest' where we come together to share our unpopular opinions. I am your host, Ahn Jieun. Today, I wanted to touch up about female groups.."


The hostess adjusted her headphones then leaned closer to the microphone.


"My lovely k-pop family," She spoke slow and sweetly, attempting not to lose her patients with her own confession. "You are never satisfied when a girl group releases an average concept. Whether it be cute or y, you hate it. I'm sure when oppa does it, it's completely fine."


A smirk grew faintly upon her lips, seeing the chatroom on her webpage. A mass amount of her own listeners agreed to her statement which brought satisfaction to her work. There was no better feeling than having people side with youㅡin her opinion that is. The telephone began to blink it's flashy red light, indicating several callers trying to get through.


Giving in, she pressed the answer button and re-introduced herself to the caller.


"Hello, this is Ahn Jieun of Let's Be Honest. May I ask who's calling and why?"


The was a pause before the caller began to speak, "...Hi, my name is Soohyun. I wanted to know your opinion about girl groups having y concepts after doing a bunch of cute concepts. I think it's just wrong."


"Heh.." Jieun held back her laughter. "There's a first time for everything, right? Not just girl groups but all artists must experiment to see where they fit best. If you think it's wrong, think again."


She quickly hung up on the caller out of frustration, puffing her cheeks to calm herself down. Unfortunately for her, the job that she loved oh-so-much had her dealing with people she disagreed with.


"On the subject of girl groups, I would like to congradulate two new members of Nine Muses for debuting with their new comeback. It's a good song that I think we should all give a listen." She programmed to play Nine Muses' comebac song on her computer as she spoke. "We will now be taking a short break."


Sliding the keys down muted her microphone and played 'Drama' by Nine Muses. She laid back into her chair, pouting as her producer came in to check up on her.


"Hey, Jieun. You should try being a little more sensitive to your fans." He spoke in a worried tone. His name is Cho Minwoo, age 25 and wore thick glasses that complimented his handsome face and short brown hair. "I personally knew that person."


"And I personally don't care." She retorted in a monotonous voice. "Oppa.. do you think idols are listening? I created this show not only for the fans, but for the idols as well."


He shrugged, "It's possible. None of them tried contacting us though."


"I wish they would." Jieun let out a sigh. "I actually want them to come on the show. Maybe if I say something offensive..."


Minwoo narrowed his eyes at her, glaring at her as though she was crazy. "That is not how we're doing this. You promised you'd refrain from keeping that bad mouth of yours zipped."


"But!ㅡ"


"Do you want this show to be cancelled?" His voice raised higher, clearly losing his patience. He lightened his tone once he saw her emotionless face. "Jieun-ah, this is a show for the fans. Don't get your emotions mixed in, even if they asked for your opinion."


She rolled her eyes, "Whatever..."


As the song came close to an end, she sat back up to the desk, preparing to continue the show. Minwoo's scolding caused her to bite her tongue and kindly entertained her listeners, providing updates on the topic of girl groups.


 


- 9Muses' Waiting Room -


 

 

"Did you hear this girl?" Kyungri poked at Hyuna's arm, trying to get her attention. She lifted up her earphone and Hyuna picked it up without hesitation. "It's a radio show called Let's Be Honest, and they're talking about girl groups and their concepts."


Hyuna blinked, putting the earphone inside her ear. "Oh? I see you're still into this radio gossip."


"No, no! It's actually pretty interesting." The lead vocalist had the show airing on her cellphone inside their waiting room. Hyemi waddled over towards the two very curiously.


"What are you two doing?" She asked. "Are you listening to that one radio show?"
 

Kyungri nodded, "Yep. They're gaining a lot of attention so I decided to listen a few times a day. They even played our song just now."


"Wah, that's awesome! I heard about the show but I wasn't interested in listening. I might start listening though."


"Me too," Hyuna added as she handed the earphone back to her bandmate. "Let's start getting ready. I think we're up next."

 

 


Helloooo.
This is just an introduction. The opinion in this chapter states that groups, specifically girl groups, should be able to have
comebacks and debuts without any fussing. I see it a lot and I do believe that all groups have to experiment a little.
And I featured 9Muses for this chapter, mainly because I love them. More and more idols shall be listenng in
as you send in your opinions here ------> {
X }
Anyway, please subscribe and comment! Thanks for reading!