My Birthday Wish [One-Shot]

My Birthday Wish [One-Shot]

"I... I... I love you..." Taemin stuttered.

Minho just looked at him. He looked at the almost breaking down Taemin. And without another word, he went back to his room. Taemin, who was about to cry, looked in the direction which Minho went. He came out with a bag and shouted, "Kibum-ah~! I will be gone for a few days ok?" Minho shouted to Key as he wore his shoes.

Taemin was shocked.

He was shocked at what he had heard.

"Whatt?~ Minho, could you repeat yourself?(!)" Key shouted from the kitchen. Minho didn't reply and left the dorm.

"Aish, Minho-ah, could you repeat your... omo, Taeminnie? Are you ok?!" Key came out of the kitchen not expecting to see a crying Taemin just standing there in the middle of the living room.

"Aigoo, Taeminnie, come come.. don't cry dear.. Tell umma what's wrong.." Key went over and hugged Taemin who was crying profusely.

"Mi-mi-minho.. He.. he..." Taemin couldn't speak properly.

"Minho? He left. I know.. but why are you crying. I don't know where or why he's leaving but it's not like he won't come back. Besides, you have us, right?" Taemin's crying reduced. He wanted to tell Key the reason for Minho leaving. He wanted Key to know that Minho's cold rejection was the cause of Taemin's crying. Just as his crying subsided, the door swung open.

"Annyeong~~! Annyeong yeobo~ I'm back~~!" it was Jonghyun. He was back from working out at the gym. "I bought all our favourite food~~ eh? What's wrong Taemin-ah? You ok?"
"He's upset. Maybe cause Minho left? I dunno."
"Wait, Minho left?" Key nodded his head.
"omo! Taemin-ah! Mianhaeyo! I didn't know that he would leave like that.. Sorry Taemin-ah!! Sorry Sorry!!" Jonghyun's apology made Taemin cry even harder again. This time, Taemin broke out of Key's grip and ran to his room and locked the door. Key was shocked. He turned round and stared at Jonghyun. "Yah! What happened?!"

Jonghyun signed. He led Key to the sofa. "Listen yeobo, it's like this... Taemin, he. Likes, or maybe loves Minho alot. He told me about and said he wants to be like you and me and how he envies us having a god relationship and all. So, I told him, 'if you want to be like us, all you have to do is maybe confess your feelings to Minho. Who knows? I can tell he likes you too.' So, I guess Taemin confessed and Minho left."

"Ouch.. what a cold rejection...."

"Yea, I know.." Jonghyun and Key were just staring into each others eyes, not knowing what to do.

"But Jjong-ah.. I'm afraid..."

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid of how long Taemin will greif over Minho. And, wether or not Minho will come back in time for Taemin's birthday..."

"Oh yeah.. Taemin's birthday is.. how many days away?"

"10, honey.." Jonghyun gave an "oh" expression and they went back to being in the awkward silence.

--------------

"Yah, Jjong... I'm worried for Taemin.. he's been in there for like, 3 days? and has never come out to eat or anything.."

"Well, he has you know.." Onew said with a non-chalent tone, eating his chicken as if it is more important then Taemin.

"Really? He did?" Jonghyun asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Ne. Key, do you remember the biscuit box you gave him a week ago? He still has it in his room and the last time I saw it yesterday when he was bathing, it was still quite full."

"Wait, he came out? to bathe?!" Key shot Onew that look which says REALLY?!

"Ne. Whenever you guys go out for your 'after-dinner-couple-walk-time', he would just coincidently come, take a shower, cry in the shower, come out changed and go back to his room. Oh, and then he continues crying." 

Jonghyun and Key looked at each other and nodded. They weren't gonna go for their walk that night and they are going to wait for Taemin to come out, and have a good chat with him.

They sat at the sofa while Onew washed the dishes. Soon, like Onew said, Taemin came out. Eyes red and face drenched from crying.

Key shot up and ran over to Taemin.

"Taemin-ah! Omo! Are you ok? Did you eat? How are you feeling now?!" Taemin didn't answer. He just kept on walking like Key isn't there. And that hurt Key. He walked until he went in and locked the washroom door.

Jonghyun saw Key's bitter expression and went over to comfort him. He hugged Key and his arms and said that everything would be all right..

 

----------On Taemin's birthday-----------

Key couldn't sleep. He was sitting on the sofa in Jonghyun's arms. He was worried for today is Taemin's birthday and Key swore to make sure Taemin was always happy. Espacially on his birthday.

"Annyeong everyone~! Good morning~!" Key and Jonghyun turned to see who that was. It was Taemin!

"Eh? Taemin-ah? Why so happy huh?" Jonghyun said as Key ran over and hugged Taemin.

"I feel happy on my birthday of course~!"

"Jinjja?! What about Minho then?" Key asked concerened. Taemin's face dropped a little. "Uh.. I.. I don't want to have a bad birthday and I know you guys are worried for me... So,, I'll try to be happy~~" Taemin said and smiled lightly. Key was happy. He hugged Taemin again and then pulled Jonghyun into the kitchen to fix breakfast for everyone.

For the rest of the day, all four of them played happily. While resting, Key put up candles (those for a candle light dinner) on the table. "Yah, Key yeobo, are we having a candle light dinner?." "It's not for us honey.. It's like it's your birthday or anything. It's for Taemin." "I thought there's already candles on the cake?" "Yes, silly. These are to enhance the lighting when we of the light later." "Oh....."

In the evening, the sang the birthday song and asked Taemin to make a wish. Taemin's wish was to have Minho by his side right now. All he wanted was to spend his birthday with him, but it appears not. Taemin gave a sigh and blew out his candles. He cut the cake and everyone ate it happily. Key stored the leftover cake in the fridge while the Jonghyun and Onew washed the plates.

Suddenly, the lights went off. "Yah! It's a blackout!" Onew exclaimed as he on a torch. "Let's go check the fuse box." Jonghyun suggested. "But where is it?" Onew asked. Key replied, "I know where. It's on the rooftop. But I'm afraid to go alone. And further more, I don't know anything." "Me too, but I'll follow you." Jonghyun said. "Then I'll go too. I know how to handle it." Onew exclaimed. "Taemin? You coming?" Key said and flashed the torch in Taemin's direction. "Aniyo.. I want to be alone for a while..." "Ok then.. take care.." Jonghyun said and opened the door. Onew and Key left behind him and closed the door.

Taemin looked out of the window sadly, hoping to see Minho walking in the streets. He saw this guy holding on to a bunch of mixed flowers in his right hand and a nice plastic bag. Those that you would get if you bought expensive jewelry or something. He thought, that guy must really love his girlfriend.. And then he thought, if only Minho would do the same.. If only Minho was as good as that guy who would buy anything for the one they loved.. Taemin looked up into the sky and tried to hold back his tears. He couldn't stop thinking about Minho and he let a tear drop.

Then, the door opened. He thought it was Key or someone coming back to take some tools or something, so he ignored it. But then, the person got closer and closer. Taemin then felt something around his waist. He looked down, to his surprised, he saw a bouquet of mixed flowers and a box of expensive chocolates. He wanted to turn around but he couldn't. He closed his eyes hard, thinking it was all just a dream. He felt the arms go away. He knew it. It was fake, but it felt so real.. He then felt the person lighting the candles on the table Key had prepared earlier. He wanted to know, who was doing all of this.

"Yah, Onew hyung? Jjong hyung? Key umma? anybody?, gumawo for the surprise~ but i'm scared of the dark.." Taemin said thinking it to be Key, Jjong and Onew.

"I'm not any of them." the voice replied. Taemin thought, that voice is fimiliar.. He felt the guy turned  him around. Taemin was scared so he shut his eyes tight. He then felt a pair of thin lips against his. He suddenly remembered the voice. It was Minho! Minho gave him flowers? and chocolates? And a kiss?! Taemin then felt Minho's lips going away but got pulled into a hug. He looked up and saw Minho. So, it really was Minho.. Minho must have noticed Taemin's staring and smiled. The thing that Minho said next would forever be in Taemin's memory..

 

Happy Birthday Taemin-ah. Saranghae~

 

 

-End-