Saying Hallelujah

Own Haven

Jonghyun could still not believe it.

 It was only his first week actually promoting his solo Album ‚Base‘ which was released that Monday and now look where he was.
It didn’t even occur to him that he might get nominated. Not like he didn’t dream about it, because honestly which artist doesn’t want to get recognised for their work?
But Jonghyun lacked just that much self-confidence.

At least he hadn’t thought he would get nominated that quickly.
Top 3 sounded amazing already, not every band member going solo could achieve that.
Especially… after reading through the many comments from netizens about his album.
Insults, threats, he got it all and it made Jonghyun waver in his confidence.
They called him a thief, a pseudo with a shallow voice who was just pretending, with no talent at all.
Name it and Jonghyun had read it online.

And now?
The results got announced and Joghyun still hadn’t processed the numbers that kept on increasing under his name, but then Minho was there.
Minho’s firm body against his, a warm hand pulling him close and that smooth voice that whispered „You worked hard, hyung, congratulations“ into his ear.

He won?

A microphone was handed to him and the solo artist can’t even remember anymore what he had rasped out, the only thing that he can, indeed, remember was thanking SHINee World and SHINee.
s without who’s support he wouldn’t be here right now, singing his song >Deja Boo< on the victory stage.

The show ended and Jonghyun held onto his prize tightly as his manager lead him out, passing by a group of his fans that waved enthusiastically to him, promising to work even harder in the future for him and his success.
He waved back with a gentle smile, bowing in gratitude, before he slipped into the car and the door closed behind him.
„Where do you want to be dropped off?“, the voice of his manager cut through his thoughts „dorm or home?“
„Home“, he whispered back, his eyes falling shut from all the exhaustion.
Promoting single and not in a group, feeling the adrenaline rush and the nervous thumping of his heart alone was pretty much the most exhausting thing the young man had ever experienced.


But he was okay.


He must have fallen asleep, Jonghyun concluded as he opened his brown orbs after what felt like only one minute to him, but the car was already coming to a halt in front of his parent’s home.
It was still early in the evening, his parents surely not back yet, thus still at work, but he made his way up to the door, his legs carrying with light steps, as he felt like in some kind of special trance. His body felt lighter, his head felt a little weird. Like it had been wrapped in cotton candy and in bubble wrapping.
And somehow, he never noticed just how loud he was breathing through his nose.
It was indeed a strange feeling, and Jonghyun just couldn’t wrap his head around this.

Did this all really happen?

Jonghyun opened the door with his key and stepped in, the door falling shut behind him and echoing through the empty apartment.
The silence that enveloped him felt pleasant and he let his eyes wander for a moment before he slipped out of his boots and put the keys onto the drawer next to their entrance.
 

He did it.
Base had been well received. All the hard work, the hours he spent in the studio, the time he spend locked up, just him and a pencil in his hand.
It had payed off.


SHINee World still loved and supported him. After all the bull he had to face, they were still withhim, at his side.
He felt like he needed to write 1000 more songs until he could finally express just how thankful he was to them.
With his head up in the clouds, he even missed the second pair of Keys that rested on the drawer next to his and turned to walk up the stairs to his room.
The door was opened, light flooding his room for a brief moment before it was closed behind him and the darkness welcomed him home.
Jonghyun let out a breath of relief.

There was just him, the silence and another audible source of breathing.
He should be scared, but Kim Jonghyun wasn’t.
He was oh too familiar with this.


A smile crept upon his lips as two slender arms wrapped around his neck.
He would recognise that smell everywhere.

„Kibum“, he breathed against full bow lips, before they met with his for a lingering kiss that made his toes curl and is eyes roll back.
„I told you, you would do great“,the younger whispered against Jonghyun’s now moist lips, stealing another peck, pressing his body flush against the elder’s.
„You worked so hard“, Kibum pulled him towards his bed, their bed, because honestly, there was nothing that Jonghyun didn’t want to share with the blonde, pillows and covers getting cast aside to make room for their tangled limps.
Hot bodies, breaths mingling.


„I’m so proud of you“, Kibum’s words felt like a soothing touch to his soul. It made everything just that much bearable.
The insults, the prejudices, the hardships.
It took the younger only one second to make it all better and worthwhile.

„Jonghyun“, that tender voice that spoke his name so fondly
„Yes“
He was pulled on top of the blonde, bodies melting with skin on skin
„Make me say Hallelujah“, it was a breathless request that fell from Kibum’s lips, without any hesitation and even less reluctance from Jonghyun’s side before he brought their lips back together.
 

Hotter, better, closer.
More passion, more Kibum against his body.


A firm reminder of what they had and what Kibum meant to him.
It was all Jonghyun needed to go on, to be strong, to pull through.
Kibum was his own salvation, his personal Hallelujah.


A/N:
This is really something tiny that I wrote while I was bored in the train :)
I hope it made some of you smile!

Thank you!