Impressions

28 days with Ms. Perfect

Aside from her workmates comments about Ms. Perfect, Yuri didn’t have the time to dig about her. Instead, she got caught in her own mess, tangling her, getting her involved with people she just met who acted like they know her inside out. Dating that guy still haunts her ‘til this day even though they already broke up a month ago.

But who cares, right? The thing is she was either cool or stupid enough to date him. People can’t even decide, but she lets them. She doesn’t even care.

“How are you and Taecyeon?” People around her start to , others wolf whistled. She noticed a person, Ms. Perfect, look at her for a moment. She thought that got the other girl’s attention instead of the chips she was eating.

She laughed but deep inside she was a little annoyed that until now that’s one of the first things people ask her. Is that the only thing interesting about her?

“We broke up already.” She smiled but people thought of it as a facade to hide her sadness when in fact she had perfectly moved on, some even tried to console her with a pat on the back and others just plainly didn’t believe her.

She shrugged and drank her beer slowly. The staffs were all at their dinner party which served as their welcoming and acquaintance party for the new area.

She looked around and found her other shift mates hogging the microphone as they sang to the karaoke at the other side of the room. Everybody was having a lot of fun. Even the ever serious Im Yoona was talking animatedly with a guy, Heechul, about something near the food station.

She looked around and placed her empty beer glass on the nearest table and grabbed another one. She decided to go to the balcony for some fresh air, closing the glass sliding door behind her blocking all the noise. She didn’t want her friends to spot her and make her sing.

Enjoying the mild breeze and the city lights, she leaned on the rail and looked around at the peaceful scene in front of her. It made her think about her relationship with Taec. Well, it was only about three months but they became a hot topic for everyone.

Everybody was against the idea of her dating him. She was a newbie and she guessed they were all just trying to look out for her. She didn’t really know who to trust. Even strangers talk to her randomly and tell her that Taec’s not the kind of guy she should be with.

She didn’t understand because that time, Taec was the sweetest person. He was thoughtful, caring and gentle. He even showed his family. How he rose up from the challenge by supporting himself through college when his parents can’t afford it. How he lives on his own and still manages to support his parents and siblings.

She couldn’t find anything wrong with him.

Until little by little she noticed this certain aura around him. He was haughty, almost narcissistic. He showed her around like a trophy and his friends told her how he likes to date girls like her; near perfect girls, girls who seemed out of league. He made it look like she was an easy catch.

But what made her break up with him was when she realized he spread rumours about how she was in bed and those detailed ‘hot’ encounters they had, when in fact, they have never even kissed.

That jerk gave her the resident ‘’ title making her life a bit crazier. That was when Mrs. Han, who openly criticized the relationship, shut her out. Those who really know her knew better and just laughed it off. But then not everybody knows the real her and accepted the rumour as the truth.

She was famous for all the wrong reasons.

She took another sip of her beer and closed her eyes for a bit. That’s when the door opened and closed again making her turn and look at the person next to her.

“Oh hi.” That was the only thing Yuri could say, unsurprisingly, she only received a nod from Yoona.

“Here for the fresh air? It can be a little stuffy inside.” Yuri said as she turned her back from the other girl and leaned on the rail again.

“Yeah.” Yoona answered as she mimicked Yuri’s pose.

Silence enveloped them. Yuri found it a little awkward but what else is there for them to talk about? They don’t even know each other.

She took a glance of the other girl. She noticed she doesn’t have anything with her, not even a beer.

“You don’t drink?” She asked and looked back to nowhere. Still silence, she wondered if the girl even heard her, making her sigh. Why is it so hard to talk to this one?

“I don’t like beer.”

Yuri just nodded and realized that the more she talked, the more awkward things had gotten.

She pouted remembering how happy and energetic Yoona looked as she talked with Heechul. Does that mean she bores her? She was known for a lot of things but being a bore is not one of them.

She discreetly looked at the other girl properly and she realized that pretty was an understatement, and somehow she looks familiar.

“Have we met before?” Yuri’s eyes widened, she wasn’t supposed to say that out loud!

That made Yoona turn and look at her directly.

“I helped you with that IV insertion the other day.” Derp. Yuri doesn’t know if the girl was serious or she was joking. But Yoona wasn’t even smiling.

“Yeah I remember that. Thanks again by the way. But I meant, like way before?” Yuri said, fully facing the other girl.

“You’re with Taec?”

Now, what’s with that question? Yuri started to get irritated again, thanks for the reminiscing she did earlier.

“We’re over.” She said as she looked away.

“Taec used to court my friend Tiffany, they became friends and sometimes we get to the same parties.”

Yuri doesn’t know if she should be happy or sad that Taec’s the only person Yoona can relate her to.

“Oh yeah. I remember. One time at a club, you talked with Taec with your friend. I think it was about med school.” Yuri said. It was a bit dark that time so she can’t be so sure if it was really Yoona but the way she talked and the expression intrigued her that time; coz who can be so uptight at a club, right?

“He always talks about med school with me. He really wants to be a doctor. I guess.” Yoona shrugged.

This girl is so indifferent, Yuri thought.

“How about you?”

Silence invaded them once again, making Yuri think if she pushed it too far. Did she ask something Yoona doesn’t like?

This time Yuri got frustrated. Yah! It’s not like it’s that serious you know. It’s just yes or no. Why won’t she answer me?!

“I don’t know.”

Yuri found Yoona’s eyes and she found the amazing doe eyes totally lost; like a genius who realized she doesn’t know everything after all. Gone was the confidence and now Yoona looked like a child who can’t decide between a cookie and an ice cream.

Just then the door behind them burst open again.

“There you are! Come you two! The head nurse is tearing up the dance floor! You just have to see this!” Heechul laughed in excitement and ushered the two of them back inside.

It was a wild night. She never thought all those hardworking people she knew at the hospital can be like wild party animals.

At one point in time, while she was dancing the night away, she caught a glimpse with those doe eyes again, standing at the sidelines, yet she can feel her gaze on her.

This time, those eyes didn’t look lost. They looked intrigued.

They looked curious and they’re examining her right now, every inch of her, like a lab experiment to the eyes of the studying scientist.

She felt her body tingle, giving her more excitement as she jumped up and down; maybe all those beers are having their effect right now.

She glanced back at the watching girl and noticed a small curve of the latter’s lips.

That little smile drove her crazier, it made her blush.

And it takes a lot to make Kwon Yuri blush.