The First Page

Our Story

I opened my eyes, it was 6 am. I woke up, exhausted. My eyes were sooo red and... oh, my name is Jin Ye Min, I'm 17 years old. Today is May 15th, we're going back to school. I'm going to Cheol-San, a prestigious High School. Going back to school means seeing my classmates, who are very... you know. For this day when everyone judges others, so you must look good: I had a good shower, made a nice bun and put some make-up on my face, but still looked natural. I went down and saw my father reading his newspaper, beside my sister Seolhyun and her son Hoon. My mother was cooking as usual, that's why it always smells so good in this kitchen.

" Good Morning! I saluted them and I sat next to my nephew.

- Hello darling! Did you sleep well? My mom asked

- Not really, a little tired, what about you?

- Same, but Hoon's presence makes me feel energetic! "

Hoon is 5 years old, Hoon's dad, Seo Hyun Soo, works with his father since he's a chaebol.

After eating, I went in Seolhyun Unnie's car with her son. She drived him to kindergarten, before driving me to school.

I walked in my class, where I saw few classmates, include Lee So Yeon, my enemy since I'm little. She saw me and smiled. I turned my face, knowing how fake this smile was. I sat where my place is, behind. I was about to put my face on the table when I heard our teacher Mrs Kim's voice.

" Everyone sit down! Please calm yourself everyone! I hope your holidays were fun since it's time to make your brain work! I'm sure you learned your lessons like as usual! Anyway, I have news. A new student is coming in our class. Come in student!

- Hi. I'm Byun Baekhyun, please take care of me. "

He bowed with his hands inside his pockets.

He walked next to my chair and sat down before putting his head on the table. He lifted his head us again few minutes later when some pupils were calling him. He was smiling to them. Does he even know them? When the bell rang, I walked to the cafeteria and took a tray before seat down by my own. I ate peacefully when my friend Da Young came. She had radiant smile as usual since she was looking at her "boyfriend".

 

" Awh look at Oppa! So perfect! She told with her puppy face

- Again Da Young-ah? I thought you broke up. Didn't you?

- Yeah, yeah... But It just happened... We're still in love! He even offered me a necklace!

- Whatever, whatever! You broke up so much time I'm not following you guys...

- We only broke up 2 times!

- 2 times a week!

- Don't lie! I'm so faithful towards him you know, we're so much in love! Anyway, tell me: there's a new guy in your class right?

- Yeah... He already looks like a total playboy.

- He was; since he's Baekhyun... You can't remember...

- Do we know him?

- Everyone knows him, even you... He is know as a wealthy playboy, but I hope he changed. He looks better now... Ahh...

- Playboys everywhere...

- He was in our school but he moved out when he was 15, so it's normal you remember him. He's throwing a party saturday, you should come!

- I'm too exhausted for this... Perhaps next time.

- Awh please! It's an occasion! Some people are telling it'll be a crazy party! He's living in a wonderful villa, with a pool!

- Aish maybe maybe! "

 

We finished to eat and I said her goodbye since we aren't in the same class. I went back in my classroom when I saw a crowd near my table. It was the first time I was seeing something like this in our classroom so I walked towards it, then I saw the new student smiling and chatting with everyone. He was like a new king for them. I couldn't really understand the situation, perhaps he was appreciated by everyone.

 

" Is it true you're organizing a party this week end? Some asked

- Yeah, he nodded, of course since I'm back where I'm supposed to live. This town missed me.

- And is she coming?

- I'd like her to come...

- Who?

- Someone.

- Anww Oppa! You missed us so much! Why didn't you stay?! A girl said with sadness

- Family Business... Ah, so I must be so cool since you were waiting for me guys...

- You seem so polite, It's not surprising since you're handsome. So Yeon fakely said, since he's popular, she'd want him as her boyfriend

- You might be disappointed " he aswered with a little smile.

 

Mrs Kim came in the classroom and clapped her hands. Everyone looked at her and has greet Baekhyun before taking their seat back. I sat where I'm supposed to be, put my bag on the groud and placed my books on the table. I suddenly felt someone touching my shoulder.

 

And you, what's your name? I heard this sweet voice coming closer to my ear...

- Jin Ye Min...

- What a beautiful name... You'd like to come in my house saturday night, 10 pm? You know, I'm throwing a party. You'll have a lot of fun you know.

- I don't need to have fun... And 10 pm is very late for a party you know...

- You seem somehow smart... What a pity if you don't come to my house... You'll regret it.

- I won't...

- You must. "

 

The last bell of the day, for us, finally rang, we all cleaned up our books and we went out. Everyone looked tired. After going out of school, I dialled my driver since I couldn't see him when a black car like mine stopped right in front of me. For once, he wasn't late. I could breathe out and be more comfortable. I opened the door and sat behind. I put my seatbelt, closed my eyes and slept...

 

 

***

 

 

My eyes opened. It was blurry... I couldn't reconize my bedroom at all. I saw this room. This room was bigger than mine, there wasn't any picture on the bedside table, wallpaper was different, smell, everything. I was on a bed which wasn't mine... I could feel it, I started to panick... Nervous... My phone rang. I took it and checked... 7 messages and 12 missed calls... It was already 7 pm but school finished at 4 pm. " Where am I?, Why am I here? " I walked to the door when it opened... I had tears in my eyes. A man appeared...

 

" You woke up? I couldn't reconize this voice at all.

- Who is it? "

 

It was Byun Baekhyun... He was smiling. He walked towards me with a such gaze and stood up. I sat on the bed too, in front of him. Eyes to eyes. I was tense, he was joyful and peaceful... He took my hand and he pushed me towards him before hugging me. I couldn't believe it... My heart was beating faster, everything was going faster. But... I felt like it wasn't a new feeling... Like if I felt it before... I closed my eyes, his arms were wrapping me...

 

 

***

 

" Ye Rim-ssi, Ye Rim-ssi! Please wake up! I opened my eyes, we're arrived. It's 4:30, so actually, we've been a little late but it's fine. "