Hugs

Cingulomania

 

Chapter 1: Hugs

 

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 


 

 

Today is January 21 and a few days from now, 2ne1 will be performing at New York Times Square for their US debut. Also, today is the day something in Sandara Park’s life changed forever.

 

Dara Park, 2ne1’s fresh vocal woke up early today. She’s going to walk around the location of their performance later on; just getting the feel of the place, so to say. When she walked out of her room, all fresh and ready to go out, she saw Bom and Chaerin eating breakfast. She then moved to hug the both of them.

 

“Good Morning! Happy National Hugging Day!” she beamed at them. When she saw Minzy walked out of her own room, still not quite fully awake, she also moved to hug her.

 

“Happy National Hugging Day, Baby Minggki,” she smiled at her.

 

“You seem so happy today, Ssantoki,” Bom observed.

 

“Hmmm… hehe. Not really, Bommie. I’ll be going out for a while. I’ll see you all girls later,”

 

“Take care, Ssnatoki,” “Be back soon, wifey,” “Bye, unnie,”

 

 


 

 

As Dara was walking through the streets of New York, she smiled because he noticed different people of different races having placards of “FREE HUGS” all over the place. She saw strangers hugging each other and walking away with smiles on their faces. Even she has received and given her own share of hugs.

 

Dara sat on a bench and smiled as she remembered what happened just a while ago.

 

-

She stopped on her tracks when a two pairs of tiny little arms were wrapped around her legs. Dara looked down and saw a little boy and a little girl, probably ages 3 and 4 giving her their biggest toothy grin that melted her heart.

 

“Happy Nasl Hugs Day, Miss,” they said not quite able to pronounce the word national yet.

 

“Happy Hugs Day to you, too,” Dara said crouching down to their level and giving them both a hug. Right after doing so, the two little children ran back to their mother who gave Dara a smile.

-

 

While people watching, Dara then felt someone seating beside her. She turned to the person whose face was practically covered and seemed down. Before she can even think of what she’s doing, Dara instinctively moved to hug the person and whispered,

 

“Happy National Hugs Day! Don’t worry too much. You’re going to get through whatever you’re experiencing right now,” she said and let go of the guy. They both sat there awkwardly for a few moments with Dara shuffling her feet and playing with her fingers uncomfortably until the person broke the silence.

 

“Ah, S-sandara-ssi… thank you,” Dara immediately turned to the person in surprise wondering how this guy knew her name. When she saw the person’s face, Dara’s cheeks turned tomato red as she finally realised just who is the person she’s been hugging earlier.

 

“U-uhm, Kim Jaejoong-sunbae!” she exclaimed and immediately stood to bow to Jaejoong. He also stood up to bow to her as a form of respect. They stood there in front of each other, uneasily, looking at everything but at each other. Dara then put a stray hand of her hair behind her ears before preparing to walk away.

 

“Ah, w-well, I-I’ll just go ahead,” she said stuttering and giving a wave at Jaejoong. But before she can step any further, a strong hand grabbed her wrist. Dara looked at the hand and then to its owner who was not even looking towards Dara. She saw the guy covering half of his reddening face with his free hand; Dara wasn’t exactly sure if the reason behind those red cheeks was because he was blushing or because of the chilly New York weather.

 

“Uh-uhm, would you like to have some coffee with me?” he nervously asked.

 

Dara gave him a dazzling smile, “Sure,”

 

 


 

 

It has been months now, but the memories of that faithful day of the 21st of January were still fresh on Kim Jaejoong’s mind. He was in New York for some contract signing with a product company there for JYJ and he decided to walk around to contemplate about his life. Although the law suit was done, there were still troubles for them. They were banned on music shows and some sponsors and projects that were offered to them suddenly changed their minds. Jaejoong was not surprised though. He knows exactly who’s responsible behind those manipulative negotiations.

 

While deeply sighing and thinking just when all their group’s troubles were going to end, Jaejoong suddenly felt slim arms wrapping around him. He doesn’t know exactly how, but the warmth he received from the hug lifted his spirits up.

 

“Happy National Hugs Day! Don’t worry too much. You’re going to get through whatever you’re experiencing right now,” and when he heard her soothing angelic voice, he just lost it. Through that sincere statement, Kim Jaejoong knows immediately that he wants this girl for himself.

 

He missed her warmth when she let go of him, and he was even more shocked when he took a peek and realised just who is the person who comforted him. He needed a few moments to calm him and gather some confidence to just call her name and thank her. It took even more courage to ask her to have a coffee with him. But when he saw her answer of blinding smile, Kim Jaejoong knew that he’ll do whatever it takes to make this woman his, because there and then he realised that she is worth everything fighting for.

 

And he was right. As they were both currently preparing for a press conference to admit their relationship to the public, Kim Jaejoong knew that those months of wooing her and discreetly taking her out on dates has been worth it. All those times he needed to face her biological family and the fated moment of facing the whole of YG Family to ask for an approval of their relationship has been worth it. There were a few aching muscles and a couple of bruises but it was fine. He can handle everything is it means having her.

 

“Hmm, is there such a thing as an International Kissing Day?” Jaejoong asked as she held her hand while walking through the hallway before facing the media and their fans.

 

“There is. It’s on July 6th. Why do you ask?” Dara replied as she smiled at him.

 

“I wonder if I’ll have to wait that long to be able to kiss you,” he said nonchalantly earning him a smack in the shoulder and a red-faced Dara.

 

“I’m not preventing you to kiss me,” she murmured, looking away from him.

 

“In that case, let’s make everyday a hugging and kissing day,” he whispered before meeting her lips with his.

 

 


 

Virtual Hugs to each and everyone of you! ♥

Thank you so much!

Happy Hugs Day! :)