Five.

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FIVE:

HEY, LITTLE ONE

 

Jiwon paces back and forth in his, Hanbin and Junhoe’s shared room. Hanbin was still sleeping peacefully, a hand on his stomach and Jiwon smiles at the sight. It has been a few days ever since Hanbin was taken to the hospital and everything was back to normal—well kind of.

 

Jiwon thought of what Hanbin’s mother had asked him, “By the way, have you told your mother?” Jiwon wasn’t able to answer the question properly mostly because he hasn’t thought about telling his mother about it, he was too occupied worrying and helping over Hanbin that he hasn’t realized that his mother has to know. Jiwon answered a hesitant ‘no’ and Hanbin’s mother seemed to understand but she told him she has to know sooner than later because the longer he hides it, the longer his mother might be in range—if she will be and Jiwon hopes she won’t.

 

Jiwon knows his mother is an angel, she never gets mad unless it’s something really disappointing or offending and even if Jiwon knows his mother well, he’s scared on how she’ll react. She’s going to have a grandchild soon, for goodness sake. That’s why Jiwon had been pacing back and forth, thinking how to break the news to his mother.

 

He had told Hanbin about this already and they were both nervous about telling her so they agreed to let a few days past before finally grabbing the courage to tell her. Jiwon wasn’t ready to tell her yet but hell, his conscience has been bugging him to just tell her already because it’s his mother, he never hides anything from his mother. Even when he told him that he swings both ways, his mother supported him but this time it’s different.

 

“Hyung, you’re making me dizzy.” Hanbin whined. Jiwon hadn’t realized that Hanbin was awake for a while now and Hanbin stared at him with sleepy eyes, sitting on the bed with a tired posture. Because of the pregnancy, Hanbin was often either tired or dizzy, that’s why they decided not to let him leave the house. It took a lot of convincing but Hanbin finally agreed—even though he didn’t talk to anyone for 5 hours straight.

 

“Sorry, should we tell her now?” Jiwon asked. Hanbin stared at him for a while, thinking about it. He was scared too, he doesn’t know how she’ll take the news and Hanbin hopes everything’s going to be alright.

 

“Uh, but isn’t it night time there?” Hanbin asked. Oh, Jiwon’s mother went back to America to work on things before staying here in Seoul for good.

 

“Oh okay, we’ll tell her in the evening?” Jiwon asked and Hanbin sighed, Jiwon had a nervous look on his face.

 

“Gosh hyung, stop overthinking.”

 

“I’m not overthinking, that’s your job.” Jiwon said and Hanbin rolled his eyes. It was kind of true though, Hanbin was always the one who overthinks, looking too much in to the situation that he becomes restless.

 

“Then stop worrying, you’re making me nervous.” Hanbin said and Jiwon finally stopped pacing. He sat down next to Hanbin and groaned.

 

“We’re going to be alright, right?” Jiwon asked and Hanbin stared at him with concern.

 

“I should be the one asking you that, I’m the one pregnant, not you.” He replied. Jiwon groaned and placed his head on Hanbin’s lap. Hanbin started playing with his hair, something that he always do when someone puts their head on his lap. Jiwon has his eyes closed and Hanbin was trying to figure out what Jiwon is thinking—probably how they’ll explain everything to his mother.

 

“I’m sorry, you’re probably feeling ten times worse than I do. It’s just—I can’t help but worry.” Jiwon said.

 

“Well, we are on the same page so…” Hanbin trailed off and then silence over takes them. Jiwon suddenly faced Hanbin’s stomach, placing his arms around Hanbin’s waist.

 

“Hey little one—“

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

 

“Shh. I’m trying to talk to the baby.” Jiwon replied and Hanbin stares at him weirdly but decided to let Jiwon do what he wants.

 

“Hi, I’m your dad… well, one of your ‘dads.’ I’ll be seeing you after 9 months and I honestly can’t wait and uh, we haven’t told your other grandmother yet that you’re going to be here soon but we hope everything goes well.”

 

“Hyung, you do know that the baby can’t hear you yet right?”

 

“Oh shush, let me be and it’s worth a shot.” Jiwon replied and Hanbin rolled his eyes.

 

“So uh, I hope you’ll grow well and don’t let your daddy puke in the morning ‘cause honestly it’s a bit disgusting—ow!” jiwon rubbed his arm, Hanbin had pinched him a bit hard.

 

“What was that for?” He exclaimed.

 

“Stop saying things like that.” Hanbin muttered.

 

“Fine. I’ll end it here, you’re daddy’s a bit grumpy today...” Hanbin pinches Jiwon’s arm, agan.

 

“Ow! Okay, I’ll stop, geez.” Jiwon said, sitting up straight with his arms held up. Hanbin then stood up and was about to go out of the room when his vision started spinning.

 

“Hey, are you alright?” Jiwon asked while supporting Hanbin with his hands on his shoulders.

 

“Yeah, just… dizzy. I’m fine, I think I stood up too fast.” Hanbin explained.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter