Chapter 15

Desire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Finally I am bacccckkkkk ^^ Sorry to keep you guys waiting for such a long time...Well, another chapter here you go ! And, thanks for the new subbies and support :) I really appreaciate it guys!

Day 10

Everything was still and silent in the mansion except for the ticking of the clock in the kitchen. Jenny had went back to her hometown to pay a visit to her parents and the butler, as usual, was a man of few words- a man who looked moody and always stay in his own world. It was a boring day. Eunhyuk sat at the kitchen table and tapped his fingers subconsciously as he waited for his very own homemade cupcakes to be ready. Those were his first but nevertheless he was very confident they'll be great. He would be leaving Seoul in 4 days' time. He certainly wanted to prepare something for Donghae, who used to take care of him dearly during his frail, forlorn days.  He stared dreamily out of the window beside him.

"Donghae…" He murmured.

Donghae was a really strange friend indeed. Eunhyuk had known this boy for years already and yet…it was surprising he hadn't really know anything about him in particular except for likes and dislikes. Eunhyuk was once again in his universe of thoughts, about Donghae. He had always been curious, he had always asked but he never knew.

The lake…Donghae must live near there...

Eunhyuk always enjoyed wondering. He would wonder almost whenever he could and ever since Donghae came into his life, he wondered even more. Eunhyuk sighed. It felt great to wonder about things, about Donghae, but he wasn't even sure about himself. Sometimes, he would wonder if Donghae was a little angel of his, or a reincarnation of Eunji but everything was just absurd. It was impossible. Eunhyuk shook his thoughts away and rubbed his eyes, suddenly remembering about the cupcakes in the oven.

The cupcakes were safe, at least. A bubbly smile of satisfaction stretched across Eunhyuk's face after he tasted his own cupcakes. He carefully placed the cupcakes into a food container and soon left the house after getting change. Although he wasn't entirely sure if Donghae would be there at the lake, Eunhyuk still decided to have some peaceful time there, even if it meant he's alone. The afternoon sunlight was intense and the heat was scorching. Eunhyuk sauntered down the road which was later shady from the tall trees and their blanket of branches and leaves that hovered densely above.

Still, Eunhyuk couldn't help thinking about how fragile and sensitive Donghae's skin was. The water…the heat…Donghae was just so strange. Eunhyuk felt a tinge of regret and sadness in him. He was going to leave soon…He and Donghae had been together for a long time but somehow, he felt something in their friendship was distant… Eunhyuk ran his fingers through his hair and sighed again.  

He soon arrived at the lake. There was no sign of Donghae around and the place was empty and quiet.  Eunhyuk walked towards edge of the dock where he and Donghae sat together the other day. He carefully placed the box of cupcakes beside him on the wooden board and sat down, splashing the water gently with his feet. There were no sign of the creepy fishes and the water in a distance was as still as ever, not even a ripple. The water in the lake was cool and soothing. Eunhyuk closed his eyes.

 

The morning sun shone gloriously down onto the earth, the water of the lake glimmered and the melodic chirping goes on. It was a heavenly feeling. Far in front of him, he could see Donghae sitting at the edge of the dock. His hair was wet, so was his tender skin. He was wearing a very thin shirt which was soaked but slowly drying up. Donghae played the water with his feet. He seemed so fragile, so precious and gentle…just like a pearl.

Every surrounding was beginning to blur bit by bit.

Donghae!

He called out but Donghae hadn't seem to heard it. The surroundings got brighter. Donghae's skin which was really white when it was wet slowly tanned. All he could see, was Donghae gently rubbing water onto his skin and combing his fingers through his wet hair once in a while. He called out again but what was wrong with his voice, Donghae couldn't hear him. He called out again once more. Then it finally seemed to work. Donghae slowly turned around and looked around him. His eyes showed pure innocence and he was angelic under the sunlight.

Donghae was just so close by. Slowly, he walked towards Donghae. Donghae had that mesmerizing gaze and glamour that you can't look away. Before he could reach out for him, his vision blurred.

Don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter