004

Please, Don't Go

SHINee World went wild when the news about Onew leaving SHINee spread out. Everyone was so shocked hearing this news. No one, except Jonghyun, knew about Onew’s plan to leave s. Even the other three members didn’t know about it until they read the articles.


 

SHINee were in their dance practice room when they heard this news for the first time. It was Key who discovered it first after checking his Instagram notifications. It felt strange when he got so many notifications without posting any picture. Once he checked his Instagram, he was surprised with what he read. “Key oppa, tell me that this news is wrong,” “Oppa, Onew oppa doesn’t leave SHINee, right?” “There is no SHINee without Onew” “These news are bull and talking rubbish, rite? There is no way Onew oppa leaves SHINee” …..

What is this? Why everyone talk about Onew hyung leaving SHINee?” Key asked to no one in particular.

Minho turned his head to Key hearing what the older said. Taemin, who had his head on Minho’s laps, put his phone down and tilted his head, trying to absorb Key’s questions. Only Jonghyun who didn’t show any movement but straightened up his back, knowing exactly what was happening.

Jjong, what is it? Why, out of sudden, are there so many articles telling that Onew hyung is leaving?” Key inquired. “Where is he now? We never involved in this kind of issue, so there must be something happened. Tell us what this is about.”

Hyung…” both Minho and Taemin said in unison.

Room is silent for a moment.

No one will leave this room or post anything in SNS. I am going to talk to company,” Jonghyun stated clearly. With that, he left the three younger members dumbfounded. They knew something was happening. Jonghyun rarely used that tone if not for something serious, urgent and important.


 

Jonghyun slammed the door to CEO’s room opened, not bothering to knock it first. “Why is there article about Onew hyung’s leaving? Tell them to not joking around with this kind of issue. We know Onew hyung won’t leave SHINee,” Jonghyun uttered.

The CEO looked at Jonghyun right in his eyes before saying, “And out of SHINee members, you are the one who know it so well. You know Onew has asked for terminating his contract since a while ago. You know the media talk the truth. It’s just waiting for our confirmation.”

What the hell are you saying? You are the CEO, you should prevent your artist from leaving. How could you just let your artists go away from their group without even trying to hold them back?” Jonghyun punched his fist to the table in front of him.

Who says we don’t try? These two months we tried to persuade Onew to change his mind, but to no avail. Yesterday, he came, met me personally and asked to terminate his contract, again.”

It was like a ton of bricks were dropped on Jonghyun that the vocalist crashed on the floor hearing that sentences. “No.. No.. Onew hyung won’t do that. He loves SHINee with his life. He can’t leave SHINee.” Just shook his head, not believing.

Jonghyun, please, gather yourself. You need to be strong for your members. Now, you are the leader of SHINee. You can’t be weak in front of your member. They need you and your strength…”

No, I am not the leader. Onew hyung is,” Jonghyun cut his words. “Please, don’t confirm anything to the media. Just say Onew hyung is under surgery or else, whatever. Please, don’t tell them Onew has decided to leave us. I will try to talk to and persuade him,” Jonghyun begged. “SHINee still have 3 months tour in Japan and Tokyo Dome next year. We won’t be able to complete it without hyung. Please, give me 3 months to change Onew hyung’s mind and decision. I am sure I will be able to convince him.”

CEO could see the determination in Jonghyun’s eyes, but he didn’t say anything.


 

Onew is not leaving SHINee or SM Entertainment like what people are discussing right now. He will be just on hiatus since he is going to get vocal cord surgery early next month so he won’t be able to perform with his bandmates. But, he won’t leave SHINee. Please, keep sending both SHINee and Onew your love and support. Thank You.

Jonghyun let out a heavy breath he didn’t realize he held while reading the article. He was glad the company agreed to give him chance to persuade Onew. Now, his problem was how to explain the truth to the members and asked Taemin and Minho to help him persuade Onew. He knew well that Taemin always has soft-spot in Onew’s heart and, who would be able to resist Minho? Besides, there was no way Minho would let his hyung leave him. Jonghyun need them to help him influence Onew to stay in SHINee.


 

So, will you tell us the truth about this issue. Jjong? I know you know what this is about.” Key attacked Jonghyun when SHINee was having dinner that night.

Instead of answering, Jonghyun just stirred his food. He knew Key would ask him it sooner or later. He took a deep breath before saying, “I know you guys have idea about this issue. It is just like what you think.”

Jjong,”

Hyung,” Minho cut Key’s word. “Are you saying that those news were saying the truth? That Onew hyung is really going to leave SHINee?” Minho said his sentences slowly like afraid they would harm him.

Yes.”

Taemin closed his mouth hearing Jonghyun’s short reply. Minho, who sat beside him, just clenched his fists, didn’t know what to say. Meanwhile, Key’s eyes widened in disbelief, his mouth closed and opened several times, trying to form a word but futile.

Since when you know it?”

How could you not tell us?”

Hyung, what should we do now? We can’t let hyung leave us like this.” Everyone could see Taemin was almost crying while saying that. They saw the tears in his eyes.

I know Taeminnie. That is why i need you to talk to Onew hyung, persuade him to change his mind. I had asked company to say hyung is on hiatus. so we have time to convince him,” Jonghyun explained. “I already tried talking to hyung since a while ago, since the first time i knew it, but unsuccessful. So, this is your turns guys. Taemin always has soft spot in hyung’s heart so you might make it. The same goes to Minho and Key. We need to make hyung open his eyes and realize that he can’t leave us.”

No one said anything for a moment. Everyone was deep in thought.

I will come to Onew hyung’s house tomorrow,” Taemin declared before leaving and locking himself in his room.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

Hi?

I know it's short...