Ch 0.0

A Darling Pair

"Yeonju-ya, what do you say? Will you marry me?" I asked as I bent down on one knee and offered her a jug of flowers.

 

"Ya Dongsung-oppa, how can we be married when we barely know each other?"

 

"So?"

 

"How does that work?"

 

"Well we have two days all to ourselves. We can be a real couple. An engaged couple about to get married. Make it real in two days, instead of posing like one. Nothing to do else to do, right?"

 

She didn't say anything but smiled sweetly at me. For a minute, she just stood there, then finally accepted the jug of flowers graciously. "Why not? I’ll marry you, Dongsung-oppa," she smiled.

 

I stood up happily.

 

"What if one of us do fall for the other by the end?"

 

I thought about it for a minute and said, "I don’t think that’ll happen. But, if it did, we’ll see when that moment actually comes."

 

We just stared at each other trying to get a feel of the other, as the photographer shot away.

 

Yeonju looked like a beautiful bride. She looked lovely in her white wedding gown with her hair pulled back and decorated with a big white ribbon. Compared to her white  gown, I was dressed in a baby blue blazer and a simple white shirt paired with a purple flower on my pocket.

 

"Yeonju-ya, you look beautiful," I smiled.

 

"So do you, Oppa. You look handsome," she smiled.

 

"Perfect!" the photographer shouted, giving us a thumbs up. Then we moved on to the next act.

 

-- -- -- -- --

 

For the next one, we were to lay on the grass comfortably talking to each other. We were both laying on our back on the ground smiling and posing for the camera.

 

Yeonju was still wearing the same dress and headpiece, but this time she let her hair fall down on her shoulders. She looked gorgeous even with just a tiny change on her hair. And I changed into a black blazer, but with the same purple flower on my pocket.

 

We posed laying on our backs for a minute, looking at the sky, turning our heads to one another, and smiling.

 

Then I got up on my arm, looked at Yeonju and said, "I wonder why we were picked for this photoshoot. There are 13 members in Topp Dogg and 5 members in EvoL, but we're chosen out of them."

 

"I’m not sure."

 

"You can’t deny we’re both good-looking," I grinned, and she giggled.

 

"Hey, do you remember how we met?" I asked.

 

"We worked for the same company, and we get to see each other most of time there. Then we get acquainted gradually."

 

"How boring," I chuckled. I laid back down on my back as I looked at the sky. "Want to make our own story?"

 

"We met at a coffee shop-"

 

"That’s so common!" Yeonju got up on her arm and pouted. I chuckled, "You’re as cute as I first saw you at that coffee shop. You were paying cash, but you were a dollar short. So, you tried to charm the guy at the counter, but it didn’t work."

 

"Instead, my charm worked on you and paid for me," she smiled at me. I closed my eyes to listen more to her sweet voice. "Then we sat down together and talked for about 2 hours. Just talking and enjoying each other’s company.

 

I opened my eyes and held out my hand to her, and she took it. She held my hand, and I held hers. "And that’s how it started, huh? Were you attracted to me the first time you saw me?"

 

"Not really. I was attracted at how awkward you were talking to me. From time to time you stuttered and looking away from my gaze. You were nervous and deep inside, I found it amusing," she laughed.

 

I laughed along, "oh really? Well, I was attracted to you as soon as I saw you."

 

"Really?"

 

"Not really."

 

"Oppa!"

 

"I’m just kidding," he chuckled. "I was already attracted to you as soon as you walked in the shop."

 

We looked at each other lovingly.

 

"Perfect!" the photographer said satisfied with the shots.

 

"Yeonju-ya, you look beautiful," I smiled.

 

"So do you, Oppa. You look handsome," she smiled.

 

-- -- -- -- --

 

For the next scene, we were to walk along the tall rows of trees while holding onto each other. We were walking down the aisle of trees as the photographer shoot us with his camera; as well as soft breezes of wind greeted us; and as the sun watched from above.

 

"I think we’re a really good-looking couple," I said as I escorted her through the forest.

 

"Hmm, maybe? But I don’t think I’m that pretty," she said holding onto my arm.

 

"Yes, you are," I brushed her hair away from her face. "You’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen."

 

She smiled. "This feels just like the time we went on a date, where we didn’t spend a dime. We walked around the the busy streets of Hongdae. We walked and walked, tempted to buy every single thing we saw."

 

"And when we couldn’t hold ourselves any longer, we decided to go to the park," I chuckled.

 

"But we didn’t really do anything then. We just sat there, talked, and enjoyed the  beautiful weather," she looked at me.

 

"Oh?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"For a second, I thought I saw you frown. Why? You wanted to something else then?" I grinned moving my face closer to her. "Well, we can do it now, if you’d like."

 

"Oppa!" she blushed, and I laughed.

 

"What? What were you thinking?" I laughed, stopped walking and pulled her closer. "We are getting married, and we’ve done it more than a hundred times. So, what’s wrong with kissing you here right now?

 

She just stood there intently looking at me. I looked at her; then into her eyes down to her lips. I slowly leaned down.

 

"Perfect!" the photographer shouted, stopping me from what I was about to do.

 

"Yeonju-ya, you look beautiful," I smiled.

 

"So do you, Oppa. You look handsome," she smiled.

 

-- -- -- -- --

 

This time we’re playing just married couple as to just getting married earlier. We changed into different outfits, different wedding dresses, and different hair and make-up.

 

We went by the lake for our solo shoots first before we come back together again. Yeonju went first for her solo shots, and I watched her on the side until it was my turn.

 

Yeonju was just sitting there, and yet all eyes were on her. It was as if we were all captivated by her natural beauty. She sat there swinging her legs back and forth and looking at the distance. For a minute I envied the wind as it gently caresses her skin. She wasn’t doing anything in particular, but the way she enjoyed just sitting there and the pleasant weather made us mesmerize her simple grace. And the camera were capturing every moment of it.

 

"Splendid, my dear!" the photographer called out. Then Yeonju stood up from her spot and walked toward me. Because I wanted to keep watching her the way she was, I was a bit disappointed when she left her spot.

 

"You look upset. Why is that?" Yeonju looked at me. I looked at her and grabbed her closer to me. I put my arms around her shoulders. It surprised her.

 

I wasn’t down for long, as soon as I held her. "Oh darling, how can you hypnotize me without even doing anything?"

 

She smiled. "So that means I don’t need to use my special charm to keep you?"

 

"And what is that?"

 

"This," she said as she pointed to her lips and pouting them.

 

"And now you just did!" I leaned closer those adorable lips, but the photographer interrupted.

 

"Next is Dongsung-ssi!"

 

I frowned and pulled away. Yeonju giggled. Then my frowned eased up and turned into a smile.

 

"Yeonju-ya, you look beautiful," I smiled.

 

It was my turn to pose. Unlike Yeonju, I stood leaning on the tree. I posed as naturally as I could, but when I saw her looking at me, I tensed up a bit. She looked good whatever she did, but I wasn’t so sure about myself. There were times that I felt inferior about myself, and this was one of those times. However, I just acted as naturally as I could. I even thought about going on a holiday with other Topp Dogg members to help me relax; and it helped.

 

"Superb, Dongsung-ssi!" the photographed exclaimed. Our solo shots were finished.

 

I walked over to Yeonju. "Oppa, you looked very masculine there!" she said. "I sometimes wonder how you even ended up with me."

 

"Ya, how could say that. Didn’t you see how nervous I was during my shoot."

 

"I saw. You were as stiff as a pole!" she pointed at me.

 

"Ya!"

 

"I’m just kidding!" she laughed.

 

"Hmph," I poked her cheeks.

 

"Oppa, you look handsome," she smiled.

 

-- -- -- -- --

 

I enjoyed being married with Yeonju. It felt warm being able to give some love away and being able to receive some back. She treated me kindly and lovingly. I could imagine having a wife like her. If I could, I would give her a warm embrace and never let her go.

 

The day went by with the flashing of camera capturing moments with Yeonju. And then it came to the last scene. We were back at the lake.

 

Yeonju and I sat down by the lake, looking at each other lovingly.

 

"I guess our marriage is close to an ending," I said.

 

"Nothing to be sad about. We had a meaningful and affectionate marriage," she smiled.

 

I smiled back. I thought it was a wonderful marriage. Even though it was a short and warm marriage, I don’t think I’d forget it. I hoped Yeonju felt the same way as well.

 

"Excellent! Now we add the prop," the photographer said to one of the staff. The staff took out a veil, and put it over our heads. It felt intimate as it felt like it was just the two of us gazing at each other even though people could see through it clearly.

 

"Yeonju-ya, I’m speaking out of marriage now. A friend to a friend."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Has your feelings changed during the time we’re married?"

 

"Hmm. I’m not sure how to answer this," she paused thinking what to say. "Before I didn’t feel anything, when I’m with you; I just thought of you as a colleague. But this time, being so close, there are things I haven’t felt before."

 

"Me, too."

 

"But I’m not sure if these feelings are strong enough to be in a relationship."

 

"I agree. Time with you was a short, so these feelings might be just temporary. But you have to admit that we’re a darling pair, right?"

 

She chuckled as she nod. I beamed. It felt pleasant that we felt the same and understood each other. Through this shoot, we got a bit closer with each other.

 

"Well, we’ll never know, but we might actually get married someday," we chuckled.

 

"Yep, there’ll be plenty of time to confirm these feelings and to feel new emotions," she smiled charmingly.

 

"Yeonju-ya, you really are beautiful," I smiled.

 

"So do you, Oppa. You really are handsome," she smiled.

 

I leaned closer and planted a kiss on her cheek. She blushed as I smiled fondly.

 

The photographer shouted in delight, "Perfect! Aren’t you two just a darling pair!"


 

The End