1: Together and ever

You're the only one, my love

Four years later.

L unlocked his phone and looked at the wallpaper. He brushed his finger across the screen and smiled at the photo. It was a picture of him and Eunhye at the garden in England a year ago, when she flew over to visit him during his summer vacation. They had not seen each other physically for a year now since Eunhye wanted him to concentrate in his final exams.

His thoughts were broken as the announcement bell rang.

 

*Ding Dong Dang*

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, we request that all mobile phones, pagers, radios and remote controlled toys be turned off for the full duration of the flight, as these items might interfere with the navigational and communication equipment on this aircraft. We request that all other electronic devices be turned off until we fly above 10,000 feet. We will notify you when it is safe to use such devices.”

L looked at the time from his watch. He would be able to see his love in the afternoon after this terrible flight of almost twelve hours back to Korea. It was finally the day for L to return after four years.

He had turned into a young fine man after completing his studies and trainings in England. He had chosen to return to Korea even though he had been given the opportunity to advance his career there. The L Kim now, would be a professional basketball athlete in Korea’s top notch basketball club as well as Korea’s national team.

He heaved a sigh of relief and brushed his newly-dyed light brown hair as he switched off his mobile phone, leaning backwards onto his seat rest. The feeling of flying back home had felt unreal until he had finally boarded the plane. He smiled gently as he recalled the scenes whenever Eunhye and he had to part after the vacations ended, yet looking forward to the next time when they would get to meet.

L’s eyelids got heavy as the plane took off, he drifted into dreamland as he clutched onto his phone.


 

“On behalf of Woollim Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day” L picked up his bag as he prepared to alight from the plane after it had landed safely in Korea.

As he pushed the trolley full of his luggage and belongings, he took in a deep breath of Korea’s air as he exited from the arrival halls. He scanned his eyes around at the crowd waiting outside, looking for what he had been looking forward to.

A petite figure stood at the corner in a beautiful white dress winking at him and holding onto an attention-seeking placard. He squinted his eyes to read the words. “WELCOME BACK! MY HANDSOME KIM MYUNGSOO!” L’s eyebrows frowned a bit as he digested what he had just seen. He raised his left hand and covered his face a little bit as he realised that the crowd was looking at him and the placard.

As he walked over to Eunhye, he took the placard from her and covered it on top of his luggage. Seeing his actions, Eunhye pouted as he placed an arm over her shoulders. “Wae? Was it really that embarrassing? If I had known it earlier I would not have wasted my practice time trying to make this from scratch.”

Sensing his girlfriend’s unhappiness, he stopped walking and turned to face her. “Ani, thank you very much. I just wanted to keep this for myself, silly.” He removed his hand from her shoulders and pinched her cheeks playfully. Eunhye flinched and rubbed onto her cheeks as she plucked his fingers off her face. Before she could retort on his sweet nothings, L immediately took the opportunity and sneaked a kiss on her lips. “Yah! People are looking!” Eunhye smacked his hand and her face flushed a tint of pink. “So? It’s not illegal for the boyfriend to kiss his girlfriend right?” He rubbed on to the sore spot which Eunhye had just hit on as he retorted.

Eunhye knew she could not outtalk this man in-front of her no matter how many years have passed. Turning into a refined and pretty young lady as well, Eunhye was offered a position in a local orchestra as a professional violinist a year before she graduated from University. During days when she was free from practices, she would help out Mrs Kim in her corporation with all the documents and paper works.

“Arraseo. Mr Lee is already waiting outside, let’s hurry.” Eunhye stuck out her tongue as she wrapped her hands around L’s waist and the both of them waddled towards the exit.

He could not hide his smile as he saw the familiar figure waiting by the black car. “Welcome back, Myungsoo-ah.” He gave a pat on L’s shoulder as L bended forward to give him a hug. “Thank you Mr Lee. It has been a long time. I’m finally back.” Mr Lee smiled and nodded at him amiably as he helped to move the luggage into the boot of the car.

~~

“Oh. Both of you would have to settle dinner yourselves tonight. Mrs Kim and I will be going to Busan for a meeting after I have sent you guys back. As for Auntie Jung, she has gone back her hometown for visiting already.” Mr Lee kept a straight face as he helped to unload the luggage into the house. “Mwo? What is this? Déjà vu? This scene looks familiar. And how could they leave when L has just returned home?” Eunhye helped to push the luggage to the living room without stopping . “Worse still. Why didn’t they tell me anything when I saw them in the morning?”

“It was a last minute decision. I have to go down already. Take care, kids.” Mr Lee turned and slipped into his shoes as he grabbed the car keys from the cupboard. L closed the door behind him as he sent Mr Lee off. He chuckled as he looked at the furious Eunhye.

But what she did not know was the surprise she would be getting soon.


 

L locked his door as he stepped into the door which he had not returned for a year. Everything still looked the same, just like before. He sat at the edge of his bed and dropped himself on the bed, touching the pockets of his pants. He had started planning this two months ago together with the members of INFINITE and BEAST when he had confirmed his return date.

*Ring ring*

The phone which he had left on the side table rang. He slighted adjusted his position and stretched to grab his phone to look at the caller. “Yes? Sungyeol.” The person across the line chuckled before continuing. “Jiyoon told me that the venue has been settled and she had already informed her uncle. The plan can continue.” A wide smile stretched on L’s face as he heard Sungyeol’s assurance. “Thanks bro, I owe you one. We will be there by 7.”


 

Dressed in a smart casual suit, L walked up the stairs of Eunhye’s room and knocked gently on the door. He had told her that he would bring her out for dinner tonight. The door slid open within seconds as Eunhye walked out wearing a black floral dress and light makeup on her delicate face. It looked like they had decided on a couple-look theme even though it was just coincidence that they were both clad in black.

L’s mouth gapped open as he look at the pretty Eunhye walking down the stairs. Eunhye blushed a little as she realised that L was staring at her a little bit too much. “Y-Yah. Your drool is dripping out. Close your mouth, pabo.” Eunhye looked down shyly. “It’s not illegal to look at my beautiful wife right?” L praised as he placed his hands on her waist.

Eunhye blinked and choked on her own spit when she heard the word wife. The word rang in her head badly. “Who is your wife? Mind your words.” She rebutted but could not hide the smile on her face. L smirked as he saw her reactions to just the word, but he was going to make it happen.

To make her his wife.


 

As they walked into the lounge which Jiyoon’s uncle owned, the members of INFINITE, BEAST and Jiyoon had already arrived. Jiyoon waved at them signalling them to come over as the twelve other boys dashed forward, giving L hugs and punches of affection which they had missed for that year.

Eunhye and L went over to the two empty seats beside Jiyoon and were about to sit when L saw something that was even more shocking. “You guys are dating?!” L blinked hard when he saw Jiyoon and Sungyeol laced their fingers together tightly. Jiyoon nodded shyly and L turned to face Eunhye, searching for an explanation. “Yes, they are dating. It was supposed to be a surprise for you, that’s why I could not say anything.” Eunhye chuckled.

L walked over to his best friend and wrapped an arm over his neck. “Wow. Lee Sungyeol, you are so cheeky. I should have smelt a rat when you called and told me Jiyoon said the place was ready. Why would she inform just you?” L’s words made Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

But the conversation made Eunhye suspected something. “What about the venue being ready?” Jiyoon glared at the boys and coughed awkwardly trying to avert her attention. “Ani ani. Because we have a big number of people, so we had to move the tables and seats.” Eunhye raised a brow and looked at them suspiciously, but had to let it go since she could not pick it out.

“Okay okay. Enough of the talking, order your drinks, lovebirds.” Junhyung instructed them before the plan was exposed before it actually happened. As they looked through the menu, Junhyung smacked lightly onto the menu which Eunhye was holding. “No alcoholic drinks for you. You will embarrass yourself if you get yourself drunk here.” Junhyung’s order made the group roared with laughter as Eunhye pouted cutely at her oppa. “Arraseo. I wasn’t going to pick them, I was just looking through it.” Understanding what Junhyung meant, L raised his hand for a hi-5 with Junhyung which earned himself a glare from Eunhye.

~~

“I’m going to the gents for a while.” He whispered into Eunhye’s ears as she continued enjoying the jazz band performing on the stage. Taking the signal as L walked away, the same age friends Sungyeol and Dongwoon also stood up, “We gonna pick up more snacks, will be right back.” They were glad that Eunhye did not suspect anything since Junhyung and Jiyoon were trying their best to distract her.

The three of them met at the corner of the lounge and they split off to the corners of the stage after exchanging a few words. L went to the back of the stage to prepare himself while the other two took out bunches of balloons that were hidden before the couple arrived. With the dim-lit lights, they were glad that they were not too visible. Seeing how much help his friends had given him, he mouthed a thank you before strapping the guitar across his shoulders.

The last note of the song ended and it indicated that his turn was up next. He took in a deep breath before signalling Dongwoon who was beside the lights switches to turn on the lights. As the stage brightened, L walked up the stage as Sungyeol and Dongwoon released the balloons to the ceiling. The balloons floated up well and it made the place looked really romantic. Eunhye opened her eyes widely as she saw L settled in the middle of the stage.

INFINITE, BEAST and Jiyoon could not hide their smiles as the surprise worked.

“This is the place where you sang for me for the first time. Today, I’m going to do it here again because I know you liked this place a lot.” L spoke into the microphone as he rubbed the back of his neck – his bad habit when he was feeling shy.

The melodious music started and L sang once again for Eunhye.

FTISLAND – Marry Me

(*A/N: Below is just an extract of the chorus.^^)

결혼해줘 my baby
Marry me, my baby.

결혼해줘 my lady
Marry me, my lady.

난 오직 너뿐이니까
Because you are the only one for me.

니가 내 전부이니까
Because you are my everything.

결혼해줘 my baby
Marry me, my baby.

결혼해줘 my lady
Marry me, my lady.

난 오직 너뿐이니까
Because you are the only one for me.

니가 내 사랑이니까
Because you are my love.

결혼해줘
Marry me.

 

Jiyoon pushed Eunhye towards the middle of the dance floor as Eunhye rooted herself to the ground. Tears welled up in her eyes as she listened to the lyrics of the song. L looked into her eyes deeply as he sang each and every word with all the love he would want to give to Eunhye.

As he finished the last word from the song, he walked down the stairs from the stage to move closer to Eunhye. Soft and smooth music started playing in the background to aid in the atmosphere.

“Choi Eunhye. Throughout these four years, thank you so much for waiting and without you, I will not be able to make it through by myself in England. If I had not met you six years ago, my life would still be in black and white. So many things had happened yet you continued to stay by my side. I know you love me a lot, but I just want to let you know… I will always love you more than you love me. Keke.”

Eunhye could not describe her happiness as she listened carefully to what L had to say. What she had not known was Mrs Kim, Auntie Jung and Mr Lee were here as well. It was a lie when they told her that they were going busy for the day. The three of them settled down in the seats as the clique moved for the adults.

Everyone perked their ears up as they waited for L to announce what they had been waiting for. L took out the red velvet box from his pocket and knelt a knee down as he flipped open the box.

“Choi Eunhye, will you marry me?”

Feeling all shocked, Eunhye covered her face with both her hands. It seemed like a dream to her. The audience too, held their breath as they waited for Eunhye’s answer.

 

Appa, Omma. I will not be alone anymore.

 

Eunhye took in a deep breath and flashed a smile on her face.

“I do.”

The audience clapped loudly as a tear of happiness rolled down Eunhye’s cheek. L could not hide his smile too as he registered Eunhye’s reply in his brain. He moved forward and wipe her tear with his thumb. “You are still the same crybaby whom I loved, Mrs Kim Eunhye.” L pulled Eunhye towards him and both of them planted a deep kiss on each other’s lips.

The audience cheered and clapped even loudly as they witnessed the kiss. Mrs Kim and Auntie Jung felt the relief in their heart as they confirmed their love for each other.

Jiyoon wiped her tears from the corner of her eye as she finally witness how happy her best friend was. For so many years, Eunhye was just all by herself. But now, she has a family and a loving husband-to-be. Seeing how touched Jiyoon was, Sungyeol playfully grabbed onto Jiyoon’s arm. “So when will it be our turn?” Jiyoon elbowed Sungyeol as she heard his teasing, but he was quicker to pull her back into his embrace.

Junhyung stood behind the clique like a proud father. He knew that their love was stronger than anything. He was also glad that Eunhye would be able to find a good partner that would love her for the rest of her life. He held onto his chest feeling his heartbeat. He understood that his feelings for her had not changed, but this feeling would remain as a memory tucked at the bottom of his heart.

Eunhye and L parted as they ran out of breath from the kissing. “I love you.” Eunhye patted the messy hair on his head as she looked into his eyes. “I love you too, but more.” L chuckled as he placed his left hand on her cheek and his right hand on her back. Eunhye threw herself into his embrace as he lifted her up turning in circles on the dance floor.

 

Time had proven their love for each other. Even though they have encountered more than what normal couples did, they would still manage to resolve and it only helped to bond them even closer as days went by.

L put Eunhye gently back onto the ground and hugged her tightly, whispering into her ears, “You are my one and only, I love you.” Their fingers laced together as Mrs Kim, Auntie Jung, Mr Lee and the members of INFINITE, BEAST and Jiyoon came forward to congratulate them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The long awaited one-shot sequel is finally here!!

L had finally proposed and they are going to get married! <3<3<3

Happy ending for Eunhye and L! :D

 

Anyways, this marks the end of the fanfic officially!

When i first started this fanfic, i did not expect to have that such support given by you guys.

Really, really touched. :')

And with so much support, i even continued a sequel for the story.

Thank you so much for waiting for my updates.

If there is a chance in the future, i might consider writing another fanfic. :)

That will be all, folks! :D

 

Don't forget to comment, subscribe and upvote if you like this sequel.

BYE~ <3