Captured

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Captured

 

Please forgive my errors.

Have fun reading!

 

 

 

 

She is a Nature Photographer travelling around the world to capture the face of nature, be it rural or urban. She has been to Egypt, Italy, Brazil, Indonesia, and Africa and is currently stopping over in Korea before proceeding to China.

It has always been a dream for her to travel around the world and capture different wonderful moments of nature. The raging storm… that strike of beautiful lightning engulfing the sky… the mighty waves crashing into a resilient cliff… the sunrise and sunsets… all those wonderful things she wants to capture.

And she’s living that dream. She could not ask for more.

“Sandara Park, you’re distracted again,” Dara turned to the person who called her and smiled at the y lady with long, flowing red hair approaching her. She stood up and moved to hug her best friend.

“Bommie! It’s good to finally see you,”

“Well, if it’s not for me requesting you to stop here in Korea, we wouldn’t even meet. You’re too busy with your photography -,”

“And you’re also busy with your business,” Dara cut-offed as they sat and called for a waiter.

 Dara met Bom during college when she was studying to be a professional photographer and Bom fashion designing. They supported each other during the lowest part of their career when Bom was still doing small gigs of modelling and Dara not having enough funds to travel up until they were finally successful in their respective field. Dara smiled endearingly at the thoughts of their life now. Bom has her own clothing line and she is taking photographs and travelling at her heart’s content.

“Is it bad to want to see my best friend?” Bom asked and pouted at Dara.

“Yah! Don’t use that pout on me. It doesn’t work,” she put her tongue out at Bom resulting to these two girls laughing at each other.

“I really miss you. Why don’t you watch my fashion show first before going off to China?” Bom asked sipping the smoothie she ordered.

“I was planning to do that, actually. I would like to go around Seoul for a few days and see the new sceneries,” at that heard, Bom squealed excitedly and hugged Dara.

“It would be also a nice to do some man-seeing, you know,” Bom said suggestively, winking at Dara. The girl simply rolled her eyes and sighed.

“Bom, you know I’m not trying to find a love life,”

“But you need some spice and excitement in your life. Just give it a try, okay? Find some man-candy around Seoul,” she said and winked again. Dara simply gave a non-committal shrug and changed the subject.

“How are you and Siwon?”

“Ah, don’t mention that bastard’s name in my presence again. He cheated on me with a model he met on Milan. But on a positive note, I met this really handsome guy named Top. He’s a CEO of an engineering company and he’s really hot,” Bom said smiling dreamily.

“You love him,” Dara observed and Bom’s face then turned red a nodded meekly at Dara.

“Have you told him?”

Bom shook her head, “Not yet,”

“You should,”

“But, what if he doesn’t love me back?” Bom said nervously. Dara looked at her best friend doubting herself. This confident woman full of uneasiness because of a thing called love.

“You’ve been dating for how many months now?”

“Five,”

“That’s quite a long time already. If he doesn’t love you, he would have let you a month after you’ve begun dating. Besides, who wouldn’t love you? You’re beautiful, has a body to die for and a very smart mouth,” Dara said winking at her friend earning her a giggle from Bom. Dara smiled knowingly as she saw the change in her friend’s demeanour and that burning confidence on her eyes.

“Do say, what more are the things that are so lovable about me?” Bom asked playfully at Dara.

“Ahh, fishing for compliments now, aren’t we?” she replied and the two friends laughed together, enjoying the time that they’re simply hanging out with each other.

 

 

 

 

Dara was walking through the streets of Seoul, looking at the busy people going about their business, and the students that were walking to school when something caught her attention. It is beautiful, a tiny little thing in this big dangerous world.

She watched fascinated as she saw a Blue Morpho butterfly flew just above the heads of the people walking the streets and into an alleyway. She felt sad for the people busily walking and not taking a time to appreciate their surroundings and followed the wonderful butterfly in the alley while getting her trusted camera out.

‘Impossible! Blue Morpho can only be found in Mexico and Central and South America. How can it be in Asia, and in Seoul of all places?’ she thought as she followed the butterfly’s path, not even minding the overwhelming stench of garbage in the alley.

Dara watched as the Blue Morpho descended and landed in a single flower that have grown in the dumpster. She smiled, understanding dawning on her face.

She clicked the shutter.

 

Her smile widened and prepared for another shot, she changed her settings to micro and adjusted the lenses, but something else caught her focus. A man, it’s a man lying unconscious just behind an overflowing trashcan. Dara’s heartbeat quickened, her breath stopped for a moment and her eyes widened with fear and worry.

‘OH MY GOD! IS HE DEAD?!’ she thought and immediately ran to approach the guy, not once did it ever crossed her mind that this guy could be dangerous. She immediately took her phone out and dialled 119, the emergency number for South Korea.

She immediately seeks the guy’s wrist to check his pulse and breathe a sigh of relief when she felt a beat. She was supposed to press the green button to call the ambulance when a hand stopped her. Dara looked up to see another man, wearing a tracksuit and sweating profusely. Dara blushed as she noticed how good looking the person in front of her is, almost forgetting the unconscious man she was supposed to be helping.

She woke up from her trance when the y sweating guy called her, “Miss, Hey, Miss?”

“W-what?” blushing and blinking like an idiot, Dara took her hand away from the man.

“I said I already called an ambulance. They’re here and you might want to stand. They would like to take the man to the hospital,” Dara immediately stood up when she realized what’s happening and made way for the officers to examine the man.

Dara and the guy then stood in the entrance of the alley as they watched the officers carry the unconscious man to the hospital. After all those were done, Dara turned to the person who helped her a while ago only to find out that he was gone. She simply shrugs her shoulders and proceeded to walk away from the scene. She’d like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter