Take my hand

To protect you

Every day, and every night since the accident, he has silently walked around as if dead. Since bringing him home from the hospital, he has had a split personality.

The members of Super Junior could only watch as their youngest member, who had nearly died just months ago, turned from happy and all smiles on camera, to a silent fear filled child behind the scenes. It hurt the elders to look at him in such a state. Especially one hyung.

“Kyuhyun, are you in here?” Sungmin asked as he entered the dark shadowed bedroom he shared with the younger. Kyuhyun was lying on the bed in the far corner, his eyes wide open as he looked towards the door. Sungmin walked forward after shutting the door. Kyuhyun did not even move when the mattress sunk down slightly under the elders weight.

“Are you really just going to lay here?” Sungmin asked hoping for some answer. Kyuhyun hid his face in the white sheets as his hyung gently pets back his messy brown hair.

“Have you eaten?” Sungmin asks earning a slight shake of the head. Sighing, Sungmin nods his head and makes to stand, only for Kyuhyun to reach out, stopping his hyung from leaving.

“I don’t want to be alone.” Kyuhyun whispers into the darkness. Sungmin paused and looked down at the hand holding his wrist. He could see the fear of being left alone reflected in the boys eyes. Just barely in his twenties, Kyuhyun had battled death, the near loss of both his dream and life.

“Then come with me, we can eat, and then you can come back here.” sungmin said waiting for Kyuhyun’s decision. The younger was silent though, his fear of leaving his room thundering through his body. Sungmin hated seeing such a lost look in the boys eyes. He was the baby of the group, Ryeowook may act like the child, but it was Kyuhyun that Sungmin was so protective over.

“Trust me Kyu, hyung will let nothing happen to you again.” Sungmin whispered, turning and helping the younger on his feet, pulling him into a tight hug mindful of the stitches that still marred the boys stomach.

Kyuhyun snuggled into his hyungs hold, grateful for the warm embrace by his older brother. He felt safe with Sungmin, with him, nothing could happen, the older would protect him. The other members of Super Junior were also his safety net, but it was Sungmin, who despite being absent through most of his time in the hospital, was there for him when he returned home.

A car was no longer Kyuhyun’s ideal means for transportation, though it was his only choice. Both on and off, Sungmin had and was beside him. Reaching out his hand, Sungmin smiles, waiting for Kyuhyun to reach out and grab it.

Both knew what the other wanted. Sungmin wanted to be the one Kyuhyun could run to when scared, to protect him. Kyuhyun wanted safety, protection, and someone who would not rush his healing like the others unknowingly did.

“Take my hand.” Sungmin whispers, holding everything they both want, in his gentle words. Reaching out, Kyuhyun’s hand met Sungmin’s.