For you

Happy Birthday

Rina’s phone buzzes signaling that a new tweet just came in.

/@Got7Official just tweeted: A special video for IGOT7s will be posted tomorrow at 7PM so see you tomorrow IGOT7s!

Wow, I wonder what that’s about. Rina thinks.

After that tweet, everything just went by normally. Nothing special happened, but Rina cannot hide her disappointment over the fact that she’s going to spend her birthday tomorrow with Yugyeom beside her. It’s such a shame that he’s busy with award ceremonies but she understands.

Her phone buzzes again. She glances at her phone and sees the very familiar caller ID, making her grin and she lunges for her phone.

“Hello?” Rina answers, trying to hide her excitement.

“Hey~ How have you been? What have you been up to?” Yugyeom’s voice floats through the speaker of her phone.

“Nothing much… I’m just lying on my bed… trying to think of something to do… I miss you so much though..” Rina pouts unconsciously, and even without seeing it, Yugyeom can hear her pout through her voice, making him smile and think, cute… so cute…

“I miss you too babe… and I’m really really sorry I can’t be there on your birthday… I feel terrible…”

“No! No! You shouldn’t be! I completely understand… your work comes first…” Rina does understand, but she really can’t help but feel disappointed. She doesn’t really want anything for her birthday; she just wants to be with Yugyeom.

“I know you do… that’s why you’re the most amazing girlfriend a man can ever ask for and that’s why I love you so much, but I still feel awful.”

“Don’t feel that way, you have to concentrate! The best birthday gift you can give me is for you to do well on your schedule! That’s the least you can do you know~ make you not showing up for my birthday worth it!” Rina jokes.

“Yeah, yeah… yes ma’am! I will try to call you though… I will want to hear your voice and greet you a happy birthday personally… well not personally… I mean… with my own voice.. I mean… yeah, you get the idea..” Yugyeom chuckles.

“Yes yes, I get it. I’d love that. It will be nice to hear your voice on my birthday.”

“Alright. I’ve got to go babe. Keep your phone beside you at all times! Got it?”

“Yes sir!” Rina makes a mock salute even though Yugyeom won’t see her.

“Alright. I miss you already. Talk to you soon, ‘kay?”

“I miss you too…” Rina says, and hangs up first, because she knows if she waits for Yugyeom to hang up first, the call will never end.

Alright, I guess it’s time for bed.

---NEXT DAY---

It’s the morning of your birthday, Rina wake up and find your phone constantly buzzing signaling the countless birthday greetings that are coming in. Still lying down, she reach over your bedside table to grab her phone and scroll through the messages, some making her smile, others making her laugh. She is so happy to have such great friends to start of her morning on a bright note (A/N: EHEM EHEM I AM SUCH A GREAT FRIEND LOL).

It’s time to get up. She thinks as she starts to get up from her comfy bed, and head straight to the bathroom to freshen up. Nothing goes out of the ordinary. She goes to work and is greeted by a small surprise party from her co-workers. Her desk is filled with balloons and cards, wishing her a happy birthday.

Today is going to be a great day! I just wish Yugyeom is here to celebrate with me. Rina thinks as she looks at the balloons and cards surrounding her.

Come lunch time, she heads to the cafeteria with her coworkers and grabs lunch. Once she’s seated, she feels her phone vibrate. She reaches inside her pants pocket and sees Yugyeom’s adorable face flashing on screen. She squeals (although she will never admit it) slightly, jumps up from her chair and runs to a quieter area in the cafeteria.

“Hello?” Rina brings her phone up to her ear, trying to not sound as excited as she is.

“Hey Babe~ Happy birthday!” Yugyeom’s voice smoothly floats through the speaker.

“Hey~ thank you! I wish you were here to celebrate with me…” Rina says trying to sound a little bit enthusiastic to hide her sadness, but Yugyeom still senses it.

“I know, me too. I want to be there with you so bad it hurts…” Yugyeom responds. Rina does not know what to say to that so she just stays quiet. A very calm silence ensues from the two. They just have their phones on their ears, listening to nothing and yet hearing everything. The sound of each other’s breathing, though faint, speaks volumes.

“Hey Babe?” Yugyeom is the first to break the silence.

“Yeah?”

“I’m really really sorry. You know that right?”

“Yes of course, but really, you don’t have to be. It’s not your fault. It can’t be helped.” Rina assures Yugyeom.

“Yeah, but I will be back in two days, I’ve got those two days free and I will be spending those two whole days with you, you’d get so sick of me. Hahaha!” Yugyeom jokes.

“I will never get sick of you, but that sounds like a plan!” Rina laughs.

“I’ve got it all figured out! Those two days will be the best post-birthday party you’ll ever have! So sit back, relax, and wait for me, okay?”

“Okay… I miss you so much.”

“I miss you, too. See you soon, Love,” Yugyeom says and makes a smooching sound on the receiver.

“See you soon,” Rina responds and does the same on her end of the line.

They both hang up, feeling excited for what’s to come.

That night, Rina’s phone buzzes, notifying her of a new tweet from GOT7.

Oh right! There’s a special video tonight! Rina remembers and so she logs onto Youtube and goes to JYP Entertainment’s official Youtube channel to watch that special video from GOT7. The video is entitled “A Special Video for That Special IGOT7”

The video starts off with all seven members doing their usual greeting, nothing unusual. And then it cuts to Bambam, calling out to her… wait what? Did Rina hear that right? Did Bambam just say her name? Rina rewinds the video and watches again…

“Rina Noona~ This is Bambam!” Okay she was definitely not hallucinating. This is a video for her?

Oh my god. Did Yugyeom do this?

“Happy happy birthday Noona! I hope you had a good day today because it’s your special day! Just tell me if Yugyeom ever makes you cry, I will make him cry more!” Bambam jokes. Rina’s vision suddenly blurs and that’s when she realizes that she’s tearing up.

These dorks. I love these crazy boys. Rina muses.

After Bambam, the video cuts to Youngjae, and then Jinyoung, Jackson, Jaebum and Mark, all wishing her a happy birthday and promising to punish Yugyeom if he ever makes her cry. After Mark, Yugyeom appears in the frame, looking as gorgeous as ever.

“Hey Babe~ Surprise~!” Yugyeom wiggles his hands, making Rina giggle.

“So, are you surprised? I really hope so. I had to convince manager hyung to do this for me so I hope it’s worth it! Haha! Anyway, happy happy birthday, Love. I just want to let you know that you are the most precious thing that has ever come into my life. I am so blessed to have you beside me, supporting me all the way. I am the luckiest man alive since I have such a supportive girlfriend beside me. Thank you so much for being so understanding, so so so loving, and so so so perfect for me. You are sent from heaven and you deserve the best so… go ahead and open your door, I have a surprise there waiting for you.” Yugyeom on the video says, making Rina look at her front door weirdly.

“Go on! Open it! Don’t you want to get your gift?” Yugyeom on the video pushes. Okay, that was weird.

“Okay, Babe, I know you well enough to know that you are still not standing up to open the door, so hurry! Go on and open the door!” Yugyeom on the video says, laughing. With that, Rina stands up and heads to her front door and opens it.

“Surprise~” Rina is beyond speechless. Standing in front of her is not a delivery man with a bouquet of flowers or anything of that sort, like what she was expecting. In front of her is the only man that’s been going through her head ever since yesterday.

“Yugyeom… you’re here… at my doorstep… in the flesh…” Rina stutters, still not believing it.

Yugyeom chuckles, “of course I am. You don’t expect me to miss the most important day in my girlfriend’s life, right? Come on… I’m so much better than that!”

Rina is just stunned, so she’s just staring at Yugyeom.

“Come on, aren’t you going to give me a kiss? A hug? Anything?” Yugyeom opens his arms, inviting Rina for a hug.

Rina just stares and then suddenly, tears start welling up and she hiccups, and jogs towards Yugyeom and throws herself in his arms. “I hate you… I hate you so much,” Rina mumbles into Yugyeom’s shoulder. Yugyeom chuckles, wraps his arms around Rina’s waist and hugs her tight.

“I know.. I know.. I love you too.”

“I cannot believe you’re here…”

“Believe it… I’m here…”

“I just missed you so much…”

“I know.. I missed you too.”

“I love you… so much…”

“I love you too… so much… so so much”