Final

Someone Like You

Taehyung stood outside the small coffee shop, his eyes only focused on the petite waitress serving a table with a soft smile. She looked well after so long. Her hair was longer, smile brighter and, her aura glowing even from where he stood. He felt like he couldn't breathe. His heart was beating wildly as he looked at her. He'd never thought he'd be standing here again, watching her. She turned back to the counter an handed an order to the cook who was just serving up a plate for her to take out. She smiled at him with a nod and took the plate out easily, never faltering and walking with grace. Taehyung felt like he could walk through the door and hug her like he used to. He'd been so selfish when he chose to become an idol. He'd chosen a pipe dream over the love of his life. He'd made one hell of a mistake and he was paying for it everyday while she'd found someone else, he reminded himself as the ring on her finger shined brightly. 

 
He took a deep breath and pushed the door open, the familiar bells ringing above his head. She lifted her head to give a greeting but halted all movements, looking as she'd seen a ghost. 
 
"Welcome, have a seat and I'll be with you in a moment," Another waitress intercepted, noticing the tension between the two. Taehyung watched her serve her table quickly before disappearing into the back. 
 
Taehyung ordered a coffee and watched the employee door for ten minutes before the bells chimed again. A guy rushed in and walked behind the counter disappearing into the back. Taehyung frowned at this and stared into his coffee. He looked up as the door to the back opened and she walked out, seemingly composed herself as she walked towards him. She sat down opposite of him with out saying anything. 
 
"___" He spoke her name for the first time and she looked up at him. 
 
"V," She said stiffly and he wanted to flinch at her calling him by his stage name. "Why are you here?" She asked and he looked into his coffee again, not really sure why he was here. 
 
"I don't know," He sighed and she shook her head with a scoff. 
 
"Why don't you just leave again. It worked so well the first time," She said bitterly. 
 
"I heard you're married," Taehyug said and she nodded. 
 
"For a year now," She said as she twisted the ring on her finger out of nervousness. 
 
"I wish nothing but the best for you two," Tae said and she nodded as the guy who had run in earlier stepped up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder a silver band on his finger contrasting with her shirt. She visibly relaxed at the touch. Taehyung felt his stomach drop and his heart crack at the scene before him. If he hasn't left that could have been him. He could be the one she curled up to at night, the one who kissed her in the morning. He could have had her matching ring, he could have been hers, but he wasn't. He'd left her and Daegu behind when he'd been accepted to BigHit. 
 
Taehyung had found himself thinking of her often in the past months, wondering if she thought about him as much as he thought about her. He wondered if she'd see him on tv and miss him or think fondly. But she hadn't. She had someone else. Taehyung could feel saline pooling behind his eyes as he stood without a word and bowed. He exited the shop as tears began to fall. He could feel her eyes following him. He wished that things were different that he could have chosen a different path now. 
 
He walked a block down the road to a car where his hyung was waiting. 
 
"How is she?" Yoongi asked and Tae wiped his eyes. 
 
"She's happy," Tae sighed and heard Suga turn on the car. 
 
"Did you expect her to wait forever?" Yoongi asked solemnly. 
 
"No, but I didn't expect.." His words trailed off as he got lost in his thought. 
 
He hadn't expected her to be so comfortable in her life.  Was hoping for her to be miserable without him? Maybe. Had he expected her to want him back? Yes. Did he want her back? Most definitely. Does that change anything? No. 
 
She was married and from what her mother said she was trying to have a baby. She was trying to start a family with a man who wasn't him. 
 
 
Weeks passed and Taehyung finally felt he was getting back to normal. He was online checking the fan cafe when an anonymous message stuck out to him. 
 
To: V
My knight,
I'm have a child soon. I wish to name him Taehyung if you would allow it. I hope that he becomes ambitious like you and does great things with his life. 
Forever and Always,
Daegu Princess. 
 
Taehyung felt his heart stop and his chest flutter. She thought he was ambitious. She wanted to name her son after him. It struck him so hard that he felt tears pricking again. She didn't resent him, she just knew that he was doing great things with his life. She believed in him even when he broke her heart. He wrote out a quick reply. 
 
Daegu Princess,
 I would be honored. All the well wishes to you. 
Your Taehyungie