The Wicked Witch

Ghost Story

Jinhwan stares intently to the young man who sits in front of him. Sometimes he can't help but admire himself for being so good at reading people. Since the moment this guy sit in front of him, Jinhwan already can read him like an opened book. Fixed accent, probably from Busan, curious eyes of a college fresh graduate, toned-muscle, probably from dancing. Jinhwan look at the file on his folder while keep eyeing the nervous guy in front of him. Kim Donghyuk, 23 years old, just graduated from Sogang University with mostly A score. Actually with what written on his resume, Kim Donghyuk can be considered qualified for the job. This wasn’t supposed to be ‘hell of the interview’ for him. Unfortunately, Kim Jinhwan is not an easy man. His reputation as ‘young and blunt wicked witch’ won’t be wavered easily. So instead of reading the resume, Jinhwan just stares at the guy in front of him with unreadable expression.

“Let’s forget about this .” Jinhwan said while throw Donghyuk’s resume to the floor, making the owner surprised and look dejectedly.

“Eh?”

“I’m gonna tell you something about me, Kim Donghyuk-ssi…something that all the candidate who applied for this position should understand before they decide to sign up for this. Let's be clear…I trust no one.”

Donghyuk can’t lie, he feels a little bit irritated by Jinhwan cockiness, but then again…he is Kim Jinhwan. One of the youngest billionaire in Korea who owned the biggest record label, music magazine and even broad cast station. Kim Jinhwan, handle all of those crap successfully since the age of 19, which make him listed as the most inspiring businessman.

“I don’t give a damn about academic or experience. Hell you can see…I’m a drop out and I’m too young to be called expertise, I don’t even like wearing suit. I don’t care about all those crap.” Jinhwan chuckled.

“Something that I care the most…is honesty.” Jinhwan said while standing up from his seat. He smiles slyly and walk toward towards the back of the chair where Kim Donghyuk sit.

“So let’s do a simple test for you…Be honest with me.”

“Ex...cuse me, sir?” Donghyuk stutters in nervousness.

“Say something about yourself to me in 2 minutes. Tell me the most honest thing that you can tell about yourself. It can be secrets. It can be dark. It can be anything. As long as it honest.”

“Ehmmm…yes sir." Donhgyuk tries to compose himself and sit straight before speaking.

"My name is Kim Donghyuk, 23 years old. I’m a person with a big ambition and passion. I may look young…but I’m dependable and has a lot of knowledge…and I-“

“Are you sure you’re not just bragging about yourself?” Jinhwan scoffs.

“Eh?” Donghyuk look in daze.

“Do you want me to give you an example? Right…I’ll show you. This…is how you introduce yourself. This is me, telling you my honesty.” Jinhwan said while walking back to his seat and stares at the young man in front of him. He smirks a little before crossing his legs and start talking.

“I’m Kim Jinhwan. Yes…I’m the owner of XY Entertainment also the creator of Ikon Magazine. I am young, talented, smart, arrogant and ruthless. A person who doesn’t give a damn about what people think about me. Just like how I don’t give a damn about you who’s been thinking that I’m a cocky bastard since the moment I throw your resume. Well…like I care. It's true that I inherited my fortune from my parents, but it's also true that I am the one who doubled it.. People may not know it, but I’m not straight, and I don’t care about how you think about it. Oh, and I can see how surprised you are right now. You look kinda pathetic. I’ll tell you something more surprising than this, so brace yourself.”

“I was once killed someone.”  He whispers while flashing a wicked smile.

--

Son Yunhyeong is a warm-hearted man. He’s kind, adorable and well-mannered. That’s why he himself didn’t understand why he can be friend with a cruel heartless, 27 years old bastard named Kim Jinhwan for almost 20 years. Yeah, they practically grow up together. Sometimes there’s a day when Yunhyung questions himself, how could he put up with Jinhwan’s inhuman jerk behavior. Just like today.

Yunhyung just sighs, looking at his bestfriend who comfortably sit on his working desk with headphones on. Jinhwan look serious listening to something while keep working with his notebook. Yunhyung just keep silent while slowly walking towards him, before finally sits on the chair in front of him. He didn’t say anything. Just sit and staring at Jinhwan doing the things that he do. It goes on for almost 5 minutes.

 

“Okay! I can’t take it anymore. Seriously stop staring at me like that! Song Yunhyung, I know you’re straight. Don’t try to seduce me.” Jinhwan said while taking off his headphone.

“You’re an .” Yunhyung calmly said. Jinhwan doesn’t seem surprised, like he has been hearing that nickname from Yunhyung for thousands times.

“That’s informative. Thank you.”

“God, I must a saint to be able to put up with a bastard wicked witch like you.”

“Saint doesn’t curse.” Jinhwan chuckled.

“I just run into that guy you just interviewed. Kim Donghyuk, remember?”

“Yeah…that Sogang-guy.”

“I think he just cried.”

“Should I be concern about that? You can offer him some tissues.”

“Seriously, what did you do to that poor boy?” Yunhyung said frustratingly.

“I interviewed him, of course.”

“Are you sure you’re not overboard? I clearly aware that, my dear best friend Kim Jinhwan doesn’t have a good reputation, he's basically a heartless wicked witch who doesn't understand manners, but do you want your already-bad reputation become worse?” Yunhyung trying to surpress hi emotion.

“Geez…you sound like my mother again. Yunghyung-ah, to able to work on my team he should be able to handle me along with my crap reputation well.” Jinhwan argues.

“Is there anyone in this company who can handle your crap reputation well?”

“You.” Jinhwan calmly said. Yunhyung scoffed in surprised.

“Yeah…of course, me.”

“You're right. I, Kim Jinhwan is The Wicked Witch and you are Song Yunhyung is an Angel. Happy?”

“Geez, what sins that I committed in my past life? I’m truly an angel. I do a lot of good deed.”

“Good. Now just do another good deed, and hand me the song list recommendation for Bobby’s album.”

“Oh…about Bobby’s album, there’s something that you should probably think about.” Yunhyung seems hesitating.

“What is it?”

“They want to use ” Yunhyung said carefully while studying Jinhwan’s reaction. Jinhwan just stays silent and stares for a few moments, before abruptly stand up and rushed out from his office room.

“No…no…no…Jinhwan, wait!” Yunhyung followed him frantically.