one

Monday's (Secret) Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello here's the first one-shot! I'm not too sure if I like it, or the style of it, but comments would be great, really! I've lurked on various Spartace sites for a really long time but finally decided to contribute to the fandom in my own little way. Hope you like it (:

 

It was a tradition for them to watch the broadcast together, curled up on her couch with a warm cup of tea (for him) and coffee (for her), hands entwined, her head propped up on his chest. Two consecutive beeps momentarily interrupted the very picture of domestic felicity as  Ji Hyo rose to retrieve their phones from the coffee table.

 

From Kwang Soo: “noona, are you watching the broadcast? I’m the main character today!”

 

From Kwang Soo: “hyung, are you watching the broadcast? I’m the main character today!”

 

Comparing their texts, they chuckled fondly, picturing their overenthusiastic dongsaeng awaiting his moment to shine on TV. They were competitive, sure, but they were perfectly happy to let Kwang Soo win, especially since they were hardly preoccupied with winning during the previous Monday’s filming. Yes, Jong Kook thought contentedly as he watched Ji Hyo type out a reply to Kwang Soo, winning comes second to a pair of captivating eyes. 

His phone rang, interrupting his thoughts.

 

“Hyung! Hyung! Where are you now?” Kwang Soo’s excited voice came over speakerphone, causing both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo to smile.

 

“At home...in Anyang. Why?” replied Jong Kook.

 

“You’re watching the broadcast right?” 

 

“Of course I am.”

 

“Okay great, I was just checking if everyone is watching it. Ji Hyo noona just told me she’s at home watching it too,” said Kwang Soo. Ji Hyo stifled her laughter as they exchanged amused glances. Jong Kook most certainly wasn’t at home in Anyang and Ji Hyo most certainly wasn’t alone. A yell and a muffled thump sounded over the phone and Jong Kook frowned as he returned to the conversation.

 

“What was that? I thought I heard Haha yelling.”

 

“Aniyo, hyung,” replied Kwang Soo quickly, “I invited some friends over to watch the broadcast. They’re just excited, that’s all.”

 

“Oh? Geurae.”

 

“Ne, hyung, you should be watching the broadcast! I’ll see you next Monday!”

 

It seemed more than a little odd, to the both of them, that no one in their Running Man family suspected anything. Indeed, it was downright strange that everyone seemed to be perfectly oblivious. How could they have missed the secret smiles or the furtive touches, the lingering hugs or their natural chemistry during races? Even the PDs in charge of editing out their more-than-friendly moments believed them to be as close as siblings. Siblings, ha! If only they knew the reason why their favourite missions were the Bells Hide and Seek and Nametag Ripping races. What better excuse could there be for Spartace to find the smallest and most secluded hiding spots together? 

The previous Monday,

 

“Red team: Kim Jong Kook-sshi , Ji Suk Jin-sshi...” The PD announced.

 

“Chaebal, chaebal...” Kwang Soo said, his fingers crossed.

 

“SONG JI HYO! SONG JI HYO!” Haha led the chant. 

 

With two prett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter