Newfound Strength

Thawing a Frozen Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Ryeowook's POV I don't know what is happening to me and my friends after the attack, I don't have any injuries with me, but it's so painful that I feel like dying. After I sobbed in Henry's chest I lost my conciousness and the next thing I know is that I'm currently laying in my room with Henry at the side of my bed sitting on a chair, sleeping while holding my right hand. Despite the pain in my heart I can't help but smile slightly. I raised my left hand to touch his spiky hair, he stirred in his sleep and immediately sit while staring at me "Finally! You're awake!" He exclaimed while standing up to exit the room. I grabbed his hand and smiled weakly "How long was I out?" "Hmm.. Only for 3 hours, we immediately return to the village with Nichkhun-sshi after you fainted" He said, returning my smile "Nichkhun?"I said in confusion "Uh.. He's the templar that help us yesterday.." Henry said, straching the back of his neck nervously "Oh.." I said, averting my eyes from the young scout in front of me "Just hang on for a second 'kay? I'm going to inform Hae and Nichkhun-sshi that you've wake up" He exit the room As he exit the room I can't help but remember the whole disaster that happened yesterday.. Many thoughts going on my mind.. I was thinking.. If only I did not agree going to Eltnen for my birthday.. Maybe Teukie is still with us now.. My tears started to fall. Now I know how does it feel losing someone you love. It's so painful, Henry lost his mother too last year due to her sickness, and it took five whole months for him to accept the fact. Truthfully from the moment I know what Asmodians and that other being live in the land of Arteria besides our race, I never believed it. I never believe such someone could ever be so mean to hurt the other. But after seeing the murder of my dad right in front of my eyes... The door of my room opened, and I quickly wiped my tears away. Donghae, Henry, and Nichkhun enter my room. The situation is very awkward, they stood next to my bed in silence.  "So..-" Nichkhun tries to start a conversation, but I cut him off by raising my hand and opening my mouth to speak. "I know what you're going to say... It's okay you know.. You've tried your best protecting us.. Besides, I'm sure Teukie appa is in a better place.." I said with the best smile I could bring out. I can't completely hide my sadness but I try anyway.. I don't want to make him feel sorry for something that he didn't do. "But... If only I arrived sooner, he didn't have to..-" "It's really okay you know! It might be our bad luck or something like that~" i try my best to be cheerful and push away my sadness. Henry and Donghae fidget in their spot and the situation getting more awkward. I quickly stand and pull their hands towards the door "So! Are you guys hungry yet?! I'm so hungry right now~ I'm going to make you all something 'kay?? Hang on!" I pulled their hands and make them sit in the dining room while I prepared kimchi fried rice in the kitchen. If I said I'm not sad then it's a lie. But I'm trying my best, my absolute best to just act happy and no one would be guilty, and everything would be fine. I continued cooking the kimchi rice while a thought suddenly cross my mind, my heart suddenly call out for me to become a Daeva, I wanted to become a Daeva to protect the weak, to protect humans from Asmodians, and what they call Balaur, I've never seen them before but I think Balaur is the same as Asmodians since they pose threat for Elysian too. Maybe I'll have to talk to Donghae and Henry about this. I quickly finish my cooking and bring them to our table.  "All done~ please enjoy them!" I served the food and took my seat next to Nichkhun. Henry and Donghae across from us. We eat our breakfast peacefully, just like nothing happened yesterday. I tried my best not to show that I'm still sad "Hnm.. So, I have not introduced myself to you yet right? My name is Nichkhun Horvejkul,a Templar" Nichkhun said while looking at me "Uhh.. Yes.. My name is Kim Ryeowook.. Thank you for everything" I said with wide smile. You might wonder why I'm not asking for my dad, that's because a human body dissapear right after the soul left it. So I know what happened to my dad now. I'm trying to be mature and just accept what fate has for me. After the little introduction, I continued to eat dinner. "Hnm.. Soo.. What are you going to do now Wook?" Donghae said slowly while looking at my face, unsure if his word hurt me "Umm.. You might think I'm crazy... buuut, I think I'm just going to ascend guys!! It might shock you! But I really want to protect humans, they are so fragile... and... I think I'm really selfish if I'm not trying to protect them when I have the ability... I know the two of you have no interest on being a Daeva.. So, it's okay! I'm just going to start doing the quest tomorrow~" "No! Wookie! Actually I'm also a little bit interested in being a Daeva! Seeing the murder right in front of my eyes! I think Elysia needs as much Daeva as much they can get!" Henry said, pumping his fists. "You know you can't leave me here if you to are going to ascend! I'm in~~"  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter