CHAPTER 16

Fanmeeting's Problem

Na Young’s POV

 

I was working at the bookstore, handling the counter.

 

“Yah! Na Young! Please go home. You really need some rest.” Eun Mi nagged at me. I do felt something wrong from this morning. I didn’t feel really well, but I just forced myself to go to work.

 

“Its okay, I’m fine. Nothing to worry about.” I said with a weak smile.

 

“You look so pale!” She palmed my forehead and quickly pulled it away. “Na Young! Go home, now! You’re so hot.” She pushed me out of the counter.

 

I tried to smile. “I’m always hot.”

 

“Yah! I’m serious!” She slapped my arm.

 

“Auch! It hurts..”

 

“Go!” She chased me away.

 

I obeyed her and decide to go back home and have some rest. Suddenly, a call from Ill Woo.

 

“Neh, oppa. I’m on my way to go back home.”

 

“Already? Why?”

 

“I just had a little fever. I need some rest.”

 

“Okay, but, why are there so many people in front of our house? About ten or something.”

 

I stopped walking and speechless.

 

“Na Young? Are you there? Where are you? You want me to pick you up?”

 

“No! It’s okay. I’ll find my way to go in. I’ll call you later.” Once I hung up the phone. Another call from Mark.

 

“Mark, what..”

 

“Where are you?”

 

“What had happened?”

 

“Where are you?!” I was shocked to hear him in a rush.

 

“I’m in front of my bookstore, on my way to go home.”

 

“Don’t! Wait there. I’m coming soon.”

 

A few minutes later, a car stopped in front of me. It’s Mark. I jumped into the car and didn’t say anything as his face looked so tense.

 

We were heading out of Seoul. No. I have to know the truth. But, my head was spinning like crazy.

 

“Where are we going?” I forced myself to ask him.

 

“Seonyudo Island.” He said without looking at me.

 

My eyes widen in shocked. “Why are we going there?”

 

“Healing time.” Still didn’t look at me.

 

“Okay.. but, can I tell my brother?”

 

“Just say that you’re fine and you have somewhere to go. Don’t say that you’re with me and where are we heading.” He said in tense.

 

I couldn’t watch him like this. His right hand was on the gear, I touched his hand softly. He grabbed my hand and hold it tightly. Then, he took a look at me, “Wait. Why you look so pale?” his voice soften.

 

“Nothing. Just a little fever.” With a weak smile.

 

He let go of my hand and putted his hand on my forehead. I grabbed his hand back to mine and held it tightly. “I’m good. Just drive safely.”

 

After a very long journey on car and ferry, we arrived at the island. It was totally different from Seoul, it was so peaceful and nobody recognised Mark.

 

Mark brought me to the beach to watch sunset. The gleaming reflection of sun in the water mesmerised me. Both of us fell into our own thought.

 

“Don’t you want to tell me what really had happened?” I started the conversation.

 

He looked at me and sighed. “They already know about us.”

 

“Your group?”

 

“Worse.”

 

“Your manager?”

 

“Even worse.”

 

“Everyone..?” My face changed after knowing the truth.

 

He touched my face with a weak smile. “It’s okay, let me handle it. But now, I really need to find my strength. And I can only be strong with you beside me.”

 

He grabbed me into his arm and we enjoy the sunset.

 

But, what will happen after this? Is it really okay with me dating him? what will happen to his job? I don’t think the fans will accept me kindheartedly.

 

“I just want to be with you for awhile. Please let me be with you.” He brushed my thought  kissed my head and I felt a dropped of tear fell from his eyes.

 

After having a walk at the beach, before midnight, Mark brought me to a small guest house. Once we got inside, my head felt very heavy. I couldn’t handle it anymore, I had bear it since the morning and now, it had reached the limits.

 

I was about to faint and held onto Mark’s arm who looked so shocked with my sudden action.

 

“Na Young ah, what’s wrong?” he touched my forehead which was totally on fire. “Your temperature too high.” Mark quickly brought me to the bedroom and lied me on bed.

 

He handed me a water bottled and I drank it without protest. Then, I was putted asleep in his arm.

 

I walked across the road calmly.

 

“Na Young ah!” My eyes widen. No! I tried to stop myself from thinking. Slowly, I turned around and I breath heavily.

 

I don’t want to believe my eyes with what I saw. It cant be. Not again. I fell onto the ground and I couldn’t take my eyes off the body on the ground. Tears ran down my cheeks like water dropping from the fountain.

 

Blood scattered everywhere and I hugged the body. “No, Mark. Not you..” I whispered while sobbing.

 

 

“NO!!!!!!!!”