Hello

District 10: What Lovely Lips You Have, Milady
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One year ago

Sandy did not know whether the collective gasp from the surrounding court was in response to what she had said or because of the foul stench radiating from her body that was making even her eyes start to water.

"I beg your pardon?" One of the lords exclaimed from the king's lower left.

"How dare you address our beloved future king as such with crude manners, you filthy wench!" One of the court ladies chastised while fanning the air in front of her mistress' face.

Well, sorry if you can't handle natural beauty.

The prince held up a hand, efficaciously silencing the chattering of his court as he leaned forward to scrutinize the young lady standing before him. "You may lift your gaze, maiden."

Sandy didn't have to wait for his command because his voice was enough encouragement for her to do so. It was oddly deep and rich in baritone for a person of youth, almost as if there were a wise, old man concealed within him, which is probably why this kingdom's council was able to accept this young individual as ruler.

When she complied, he continued his questioning. "What is your purpose in searching for King Daesung?"

Breathe, Sandy. You can do this.

"My name is Sandy, your majesty. I am from a remote village that was plagued with kidnappings of adolescent girls, and I was sent as a last resort to placate the beast named Jiyong. I never expected to be released from his tower and, seeing that I couldn't return home for personal reasons, he has directed me here. He told me to ask for Prince Daesung and that he should be able to aid my circumstances..." The entire room remained silent as she drawled off, all eyes focused on her for an entirely different reason now. Her eyes drifted back to the intricate rug under her feet, trailing the design of each intertwining weave.

"Everyone leave the halls immediately!" He barked out.

If only my name was 'everyone'.

Even the guards were required to exit the room despite protests of safety for the sire. "But Prince S-"

He quickly answered with a stern look, and they scrambled off to the antechamber located right outside. Suddenly, Sandy wished that those soldiers never left in the first place because she preferred to have witnesses if today was her last day of life.

He studied her quietly for a few moments while rubbing the slight stubble that was growing along his edge of his jawline before descending his seat of power and approaching her. With hands limply folded behind his back, he slowly observed the strange girl from all angles as he encircled her. If his intent was to make her feel uncomfortable, then he was succeeding as Sandy hugged herself tighter to ward off the sensation of raw exposure.

"I apologize for the behavior of my court." 

Sandy's head snapped up at the unexpected apology from the prince himself considering she was the one who barged into his palace unannouced.

"Anyways, you mentioned Jiyong and Daesung?" She emphatically nodded. "I'm sorry to say this, but I'm afraid you've been sent on a fool's errand. Jiyong was imprisoned in that tower for a reason, and it's a high possibility that his mind has deteriorated after all this time. I'm surprised you actually believed him. Now, I'll be happy to compensate you for your time and provide you with the necessities needed for your trip back home..."

What? No! 

His words faded away as he continued rambling on about what materials she desired to take on the return journey with her until she envisioned an uprising revolt against her father for failing to keep the village people safe upon her return. One sacrifice was enough. She didn't need anymore blood on her hands.

"You don't understand, your honor!" Sandy sank to her knees and clun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter