Chapter Hanna

Signature

I always wanted to run. To run fast, and for a long time.  I used to run with my friends,  but I messed up my ankle during practice and had to take the rest of the year off.  Now it's two  years later and I still haven't joined the team. I see them right now,  all in matching uniforms running to school in a huge group. 

A loud bell rings in the distance and I head the same way. 

_________________________________________________________________

 I speedball as fast as I can in the hallways of Encore Middle School. It's not the best and the kids could be nicer,  but that doesn't stop me from working hard. 

The final bell rings as if mocking me: LATE AGAIN DUMMY!!! 

I slowly open the heavy wooden door to Mr. Chang's Chemistry class. He's normally fun and energetic,but he is a minority among the other Korean teachers so he's closer to the students. 

Rin kyun,  my best friend,  locks eyes with me and I give him the best 'help me' look I can make. Immediately he calls the teacher over and asks about last night's homework even though he doesn't need it. I sneak/runasfastasIcan to my seat and let out a loud sigh. People start to laugh and Mr. Chang looks over,"Hey, come on guys, I can't hear Rinkyun."

Yesss he didn't hear me. 

"I still saw you come in late Jae Hee."

Aisssssshhh. 

_________________________________________________________________

 All my closest friends are here. Khyun Min and Kyo Min, Hyo Suk, Hae Jin, Ki Woon, Min Kyu, and Eui Kon.  We've been a group since fifth grade but only recently got everyone together.