Final

Telling Him Straight

 

TELLING HIM STRAIGHT

PG-13

<< warning: you will be trolled, prepare for it! I repeat, the ending is not what you think it is (>_<)>>

 

 

Kai.

Kim Kai.

That name was high and mighty in the school’s four walls; placed on a pedestal, if you will. Being the one and only son of a famous race car driver and a top model, Kim Kai got all the perks that came with his expensive lineage. The looks, the charms, the wealth; he was even granted a clever mind, plus the dancing skills of a professional—quickly enabling him to make his own fame, derived from his own unique talents and not just his parents’. He liked dancing way better than driving over the speed limit, or posing for blinding camera flashes; his parents were cool with that, so long as he would participate in their affairs every once in a while.

Reaching high school gave way to puberty, and Kai grew up to be a dashing young man; the epitome of tall, dark and handsome. He was eventually named the hottest bachelor in South Korea by various magazines and online forums. Known to also be the top of his class, many entrepreneurs had their eyes on him, if ever he decided to keep dancing as a passion and would want to pursue business in university; offering him scholarships with only the finest benefits. Speaking of dance, many entertainment companies scouted Kai as well; promising to make him an even brighter star than he already was.

Kim Kai once again, got all that he wanted—the spotlight, the publicity, the attention.      

However, a day came when he wanted something he could not have. And that was Do Kyungsoo.

--

 

They met at the first day of the school year. As usual, Kai was surrounded by girls and boys alike; begging him to spare them a glance for whatever petty thing they wanted from him. It was usually an autograph, or if he could grace them with his presence during lunch break. Some scheduled an appointment with him to hang-out after school (no scheduled appointment, no Kai). He would always try to pencil in as many of his fans in a week; more often than not, he was fully booked for parties and the like. The life of someone rich, talented, good-looking, and smart was indeed a tiring life. But of course, Kai loved it.

The school bell rang, signaling the start of class. Kai once again had enough breathing room, for now. The teacher stepped in, like she did every day—wearing her perpetual scowl, as if she really didn’t want to be here. Perhaps she was only teaching because of a dream she couldn’t achieve? Kai faintly wondered. After all, not everyone was as blessed as him—who even though was expected to be the next best race car driver, or an international model, was given the freedom to choose what he wanted in life. Kai thought about being a dancer. Maybe that’s what he’ll do in college.

“Class,” the teacher started. “Today we will have a new student joining us. Be nice to him.” The class responded in unison; some not interested, others curious. Kai was having a dilemma deciding between both. Although he knew that no other person could be as interesting (and famous) as him, there was always a chance, right?

Soon a small hunched figure shyly walked inside the room; holding onto his backpack straps for dear life. He avoided eye contact by facing the floor, but everyone could see the red tint spreading to his ears. Looks like a fragile little guy, Kai observed. He’s probably one of the quiet types that fade into the background; no social life, and contented with being in a corner.

The small male lifted his face to begin his introduction, and Kai’s breath hitched. Those were some big pretty eyes. And those lips. Wow. Those were some nicely-shaped lips. Rosy, squishy cheeks too. When the boy spoke, Kai swallowed his own spit. That voice was just ear candy; so smooth and velvety. Eyes heading down, Kai whistled discreetly at those curvy hips.

The new student introduced himself as Do Kyungsoo, and immediately Kai decided that he shall have him.

--

 

“Hey,” Kai spoke, in a low manly tone that all the girls (and guys) fell for. “Kyungsoo, am I right?”

“Um, y-yes,” the boy stuttered, closing his book; adjusting his circular-framed reading glasses (which most definitely did not add to his cute appeal. Nope. Not a bit).

For a while, Kyungsoo’s big eyes widened even more as he stared at Kai for a good five minutes. Kai raised a brow at this, and Kyungsoo was brought back to reality. “A-and you are?” the small male asked, still eyeing Kai with utmost focus.

“The name’s Kai. Kim Kai,” he smirked. This will be easy. Who could resist me, after all? He’s already checking me out. “Want to go out later? Catch a movie with me?”

Kyungsoo’s staring halted, replaced with a look of genuine confusion. “B-but we just met.”

“And I want to know you more,” Kai said as he wiggled his brows, smiling a wolfish grin.

“Oh,” Kyungsoo replied. “We could just get to know each other here, if you’d like,” the wide-eyed male smiled good-naturedly.

Now it was Kai’s turn to be confused. Was he being rejected? Maybe a different tactic would work.

“Sure,” the tanned male replied, grabbing the empty seat to sit beside Kyungsoo. As he did so, he purposely, bumped Kyungsoo’s chair a little, making the smaller’s pencil case fall; all the pens and pencils scattered on the ground.

“I am so sorry,” Kai hastily replied, making sure to sound sincere.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s alright,” Kyungsoo smiled, moving to pick up his things.

Kai helped out, and purposely grabbed the same pencil Kyungsoo was going to take. His hand landed on the smaller’s, and he made sure to caress the skin before removing his hand. But the strange thing was, it was Kai who was affected by his actions and not Kyungsoo.

“You have really smooth skin,” Kai complemented. So nice to touch.

“Thanks, I put on lotion before going to sleep,” Kyungsoo blushed after sharing his little before-bed routine.

And Kai was captivated.   

--

 

Some weeks had passed, and Kyungsoo became an assistant in the library. He may not have been the excelling type in class, but he knew where every book was placed, and all the rules behind borrowing those books using your library card. Funny how that guy could tell you what shelf and row each book was in, but couldn't decode the hints Kai kept dropping.

Yes, it had been weeks, but Kyungsoo was still not his. For the first time in his life, Kim Kai couldn’t get what he wanted.

He had tried everything with Kyungsoo. From patting Kyungsoo’s every time they passed each other, down to the corniest knock-knock jokes and many ‘accidents’ that led to skinship. What was wrong with that cute guy? Kai was getting fed up already. He was so used to girls and boys clamoring for his attention with just the bat of an eyelash, but now this rather dumb male was not aware of any of his advances. He actually thought of giving up. There are so many others who want me, Kai thought.

But then every dismissal, Kyungsoo would slip into his little library-assistant vest, which amplified his cuteness tenfold. Then he would sit behind the library counter, wearing his reading glasses, stamping newly arrived books and waiting for anyone who wanted to borrow some. It was the most adorable thing Kai had ever seen; those big pretty eyes in concentration, and Kyungsoo looking so serious like a serious little marshmallow. Every time Kai felt like giving up on Kyungsoo, this scene never failed to make him fall again. Needless to say, Kai had borrowed many many books.

--

 

“And just yesterday, I said: Wow, your lips look so red and soft today. Can I touch them?” Kai ranted to his close friend Sehun, who like him, was quite the popular young lad. Rich and handsome as well—birds of the same feather flock together, they say.

“And you know what? He actually let me touch them, Sehun! Of course, he touched them himself first—not agreeing with me about them being soft. Then he let me touch them to prove his point, and you know what? I was right! His lips were so freaking soft, I had to hold myself back from stealing a kiss.” Kai groaned. “Aren’t I already being blatantly obvious? Why doesn’t he get it?”

“Maybe he’s stupid,” Sehun shrugged. “Or dense, I guess.”

Kai groaned. “I can’t keep on playing this guessing game. I want him now. Right now. If I let this go on, I’ll probably be fifty by the time he finally gets the point.”

“Then for goodness’ sakes, why don’t you just come out and tell him directly?” Sehun replied.

“Directly? What do you mean?”

“Like actually use the words ‘I like you’. You know? To say it clearly and quit with the hints.”

“Wait—you want me to confess?”

“Yeah.”

“With the whole, take him aside to a quiet place, just the two of us, and tell him all the things I like about him, then ask if he would go out with me?”

“You could be more creative, but if we’re talking about the basics, yeah.”

Kai gasped, giving Sehun a look of total disbelief.

“NO. Nononononono.”

Sehun raised a brow at him. “Why not?”

“Because! I’ll blush and stutter, and it’s embarrassing! And Kai doesn’t do embarrassing—Kai is smooth.

“Yeah, ok. Smoothly lose Kyungsoo because I heard the president of the computer club is confessing later this afternoon at three."

"What?"

"Apparently, the nerd's got more balls than you."

Kai pulled on his hair in frustration. But then quickly stopped and combed it back to its beautiful shape. He must keep his image looking fine for his fans. He slowly took in a breath, closing his eyes. When he opened them, he looked at Sehun with complete determination.

“Sehun, I must admit something to you.”

“I’m sorry, man; I love you and all, and we’re really great friends but I don’t think we’d work out.”

“What are you saying, you idiot? I was going to say that I’ve… you know… I’ve never really…”

“What?”

Kai began to turn red. He leaned forward to whisper to Sehun.

“I don’t know how to confess, ok? Every time, it’s someone else who’s confessing to me, not the other way around. So now, I have absolutely no idea how I’m going to do this. And if I have a rival, as you say, I must be pretty good. But all I know is to wink, smirk, flip my hair and flex my lean muscles. Confessing is foreign to me!”

Sehun chuckled to himself. “You’re a genius, but you don’t know how to do something this simple? Worry not, poor friend, Sehun is here for you.”

--

 

At precisely three o-clock, which was during self-study period, Kyungsoo was called out by some boys (geeks, as Sehun would call them), to go behind the school. Sehun and Kai followed them secretly.

 

“I think I will die today, Sehun,” Kai said as he bit his bottom lip, and held a piece of paper close to his chest. “This is everything opposed to my manly ways.”

“But of course,” Sehun replied in amusement. “You are nothing but a lovesick high school girl for this moment.”

The conversation between the two stopped, as they hid in some nearby bushes. They could see Kyungsoo standing in confusion as he was left alone. Then the computer club’s president showed up. The computer club (nerd club, as it was known) wasn’t really very famous, and so nobody knew what the president looked like because nobody cared.

Sehun and Kai never expected him to be 187 centimeters of pure gorgeous, blonde fusion of western and Asian hotness. Did they always have this student around?

Kyungsoo was just as shocked when he was approached by the attractive male. Kyungsoo began to blush.

“Oh no, you better make your move fast,” Sehun whispered.

Kai panicked. “Fudge, I’m panicking. This is so not cool.”

“Forget about not being cool! Go out there and disrupt the confession!”

“I can’t do that! That’s rude!”

“I think you’re missing the point here.”

 

The attractive president coughed nervously as he looked at Kyungsoo. He smiled shyly, and began to talk. He had a noticeable accent.

“Hello, Do Kyungsoo-ssi. My name’s Kris Wu, a Chinese-Canadian exchange student here at the school. I first met you when I borrowed a book at the library.”

“Oh,” Kyungsoo replied, trying to remember. “Oh yes, you borrowed a guide to computer hardware assembly.”

“Yeah… and the moment I saw your eyes… I… I saw the light. You know? Like… they were just really shiny and beautiful, and I thought I could get lost in them.”

“Oh… must have been the lighting in the room. Sorry that the light reflecting from my glasses blinded you.”

Kris was obviously confused by Kyungsoo’s reply, but continued nonetheless. Sehun and Kai were laughing to themselves because Kris didn’t know Kyungsoo was dense.

“A-anyway… I just think you’re really cute. I like how chubby your cheeks are, and the way you look so serious at the library. You make me want to squish you and stuff… maybe kiss you and yeah...”

Kyungsoo blushed like a tomato, eyes widening comically.

 

“Alert. Alert. Do something, Kim Freaking Kai. He’ll be divulging his feels pretty soon,” Sehun warned Kai.

“H-how do I cut in?” Kai replied, starting to get all sweaty in nervousness.

“Does it matter how? Just get out!”

And just like that, Sehun pushed Kai out of their hiding bush; effectively making him roll on the ground, landing right between Kris and Kyungsoo. Obviously, the two were shocked.

 Well. This was a way to make an entrance.

Kai stood up straight, and dusted himself confidently, like he didn’t just come out from a bush. He gave a Kris a small glare, which confused the male. Then he turned to Kyungsoo.

 

“Hello, Kyungsoo-ssi. We meet again.”

“Yes Kai-ssi, it’s nice to see you too.”

Omigash, he remembesr me! Kai internally squealed.

“But I think this isn’t the right time, because I have something to tell Kris-ssi.”

 

Both Kai and Kris’ eyes widened.

 

“But I haven’t even finished my confession yet,” Kris stated.

“And I haven’t even started!” Kai followed.

Kyungsoo gawked at him. “You too!?”

“Yeah, it’s my first confession. I even wrote it down and everything…” Kai said dejectedly, which somehow reminded Kyungsoo of a kicked puppy.

“Can’t you let me finish my confession first?” Kris begged, also making an expression of a pouting little kitty.

“No, you see-” Kyungsoo tried, but the boys kept bombarding him with questions and pleas. Finally, the small male sighed and shook his head. It seemed that the two boys were determined to let him hear their confessions, so he let them.

When Kris finished, Kai had his turn.

“D-dear, Kyungsoo-ssi,” Kai began, hands shaking as he read the confession he wrote. “Right when you first entered the classroom, I thought you were very lovely. I like your eyes, lips, cheeks, and short stature. Whenever you turn around, my eyes may have also wondered down to your cute little , all round and plush, but that’s beside the point. You keep me constantly interested by your quiet personality, and the serious look you have on in the library. I can’t take my eyes away from you when you wear your assistant-vest, and circular-framed glasses.

I’ve actually been flirting with you for weeks now, but you never seem to get the point. When I asked you to watch a movie with me, along with the other times I wanted to go out with you, it wasn’t simply because I wanted to hang-out. I was really hoping for a date with you. When I ‘accidentally’ touched your hand, along with my many other ‘accidents’ involving skinship, I was secretly hinting that I liked you and thought about holding you.

I just… I really like you. And it’s the first time I’ve ever learned to like someone, or learned to write a confession. But if you give me a chance, I think I’ll be willing to learn many other things to make you happy. I… would like to get to know you, and spend time with you, and possibly… get together with you.

I like you lot, and promise I’ll take care of you well, if you let me. So… could you please… go out with me?”

 

After the confessions, the three boys sat down on the ground. Sehun was still hidden in the bush, secretly crying to himself because I’m so proud of my little Kai, all grown up now and telling people they have nice-looking butts. Kyungsoo smiled at both Kai and Kris, giving the two boys a kiss on the cheek.

“Ok. I’ve listened to both of your confessions now. So, would you let me talk?”

The two boys nodded eagerly, anticipating Kyungsoo’s decision.

Kyungsoo sighed, and scratched his nape uncomfortably.

“Wow… it seems harder now, hahaha. First of all, thank you for your confessions—both of you. You guys make me feel so warm and tingly inside. Making a decision would be really hard, but obviously I can’t pick both. Which brings me to my answer for you guys.”

Kris, Kai and even Sehun were leaning forward to hear the long-awaited decision.

Suddenly, a new guy arrived and immediately went to sit behind Kyungsoo—back-hugging him.

“Kyungie, who are these two?”

Perhaps the biggest shock of all was that the new guy bore a striking resemblance to Kai. They may as well have been twins. Kris and Kai dropped their jaws, while Sehun’s eyes twitched because how is it possible to have two Kim Kais?

Kyungsoo laughed nervously. “See? This is what I’ve been trying to tell you guys since the beginning, but you two wouldn’t shut up. If you noticed Kai, the first time I saw you, I stared at you for a quite a while.

And this is the reason why:

I have a boyfriend already, one that strangely looks a lot like you at that. I apologize for not being able to return your feelings, guys. I’m truly sorry.

This is my boyfriend, Kim Jongin.”

 

“What?”

 

 

-END-

 

 


 

Author's note:  Happy Kaisoo Day dearies! :D Did anyone see that coming? >_< Now before you come after me with your pitchforks and torches, I will be posting another fic for kaisoo day ^_^ A proper one, in compensation for trolling you guys (I just couldn't help myself >_< Jongdae! Stop rubbing off on me~) please look forward to it :) Will be posting it tomorrow or if I have time after school. I will be update this to let you guys kow~ :D Enjoy the rest of this wonderful day!