Love hurts

Only Tears

“Oppa! Saranghae” A girl yelled and tightly hugged Jongin.

 

Jongin smiled and returned the hug, “Nado, Saranghae, Hana-yah”

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 “Let’s break up.” Those were the words that broke Jongin. It has been four years since he and Hana started dating. Their friends called the ‘Couple who would last forever’ because sure they had a few fights but at the end of the day they still loved each other and for five years, it felt liked they still had that spark. He was happy to be with her and he thought she felt the same way. I guess not...

 

“Why?” He asked. He has so many questions he wanted to ask but that was the only thing he can ask without falling apart. “Why?”

 

“Because, I don’t love you anymore.” She then took her stuff then left Jongin alone.

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

“Come on, Jongin, you already have so much to drink” said Kyungsoo who was accompanying Jongin for the third time that week.

 

“NO, hyung, I just started.” Kyungsoo sighed and just sat down. He learned from past experiences that you should never fight with Jongin when he is drinking.

 

“You know, hyung, I loved her with all my heart. All my heart,” he took a sip, “We dated for four years. Four years! Then she just dumped me and say that she doesn’t love-love me anymore! That’s just bull. Bull! How can she just tell me she doesn’t love me anymore? What did I do?”

 

“Why don’t you call her?”

 

“You think I haven’t tried? I called her, texted her and tried to visit her but nothing. I even tried to ask her friends but all they said was that they didn’t even know that she broke up with me, hyung.” Jongin then banged his head on the table, “What did I do? What did I do to deserve this?”

 

“I think it’s time to go home.” Kyungsoo decided.

 

The whole time when they were going back to their dorm Jongin kept muttering, “What did I do hyung, what did I do to make her not love me anymore?”

 

Kyungsoo just sighed and prayed that Jongin would have the strength to move on.

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It had been a week since they broke up. A week since Jongin started going to the bar and a week since Kyungsoo accompanied him. Kyungsoo was getting tired of watching Jongin hurting himself.

 

“Jongin-ah, This should stop already.” Kyungsoo said as he took the glass from Jongin. Jongin glared at him and took his glass but did not say a word.

 

“Jongin! I’m serious! This has to stop; you’re only hurting yourself! Even if you go here, everyday, she won’t go back to you! It’s time to move on” Kyungsoo said to him.

 

Jongin stood up and looked at Kyungsoo, “What do you know? You don’t know what I’m feeling do you? You never loved and dated a girl for four years and then just dumped you and just telling—” Jongin abruptly stopped and hurriedly went somewhere.

 

Kyungsoo was surprised and was frozen in his spot. It was the first time Jongin yelled at him and the first time he just walked out on him. He was snapped out of his trance when he heard a scream. He quickly headed toward the direction of the scream. He was astonished when he saw Jongin punching a man and Hana standing with her eyes as big as saucers. But he was even more surprised when he saw Hana wearing an engagement ring.

 

“JONGIN! STOP, you’re hurting him! You’re making a scene” Hana screamed and pushed Jongin.

 

“Seven days, Hana, Seven days! We’ve only just broken up for a week and then you’re already engaged to another man? And you tell me I’m hurting him? Don’t you care that you’re hurting me?” He glared at her.

 

“We already broke up. What right do you have to be angry!” She glared and pointed at him.

 

“What right do I have? What right do I HAVE? You cheated on me when we were still together and now you show you’re face flaunting you’re new fiancé in front of me and here of all places.” Jongin yelled at her then pointed at her fiancé

 

She slapped his hand, looked at him sharply and said, “It’s a free country, I can go wherever I want when I want to,”

 

“My best friend, Kyungsoo’s family owns this bar, you know that! Also, this is the place where we celebrated every special occasion. This was our special place! We dated for FOUR YEARS, Hana. I called, texted and even went to your house to fix things and to know what I did wrong but now I know I didn’t do anything wrong except date a girl like you”

 

She gasped and slapped him, “How dare you! I can’t believe I dated a low life like you!”

 

Jongin gave her a hard look “No, how dare you! You better leave before I break my rule of no hitting women.” Hana gasped, took her boyfriend’s hand, glared at Jongin again then left.

 

Jongin just stared into space when she left. He couldn’t move. He was trying to absorb what had just happened and was wishing that it was all just a horrible nightmare. He didn’t care that all the people in the bar was looking at him. He just wanted to wake up from this nightmare. Suddenly, a hand patted his right shoulder. He looked at the person and saw that it his Kyungsoo hyung who looked worried.

 

“I’m sorry, man.”

 

*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Kyungsoo found himself once again carrying Jongin to their dorm but this time he didn’t complain. He just carried him silently and tried not to talk about the events that happened earlier that night.

 

Jongin who was silent since the incident happened suddenly spoke, “You know what I learned, Kyungsoo from all these?”

 

Kyungsoo debated with himself if he should answer him or not but curiosity got to him, “What?”

 

“Love,” Jongin said and smiled bittlerly, “it only brings you tears.” Then they were silent again

 

Kyungsoo helped him remove his shoes and lay down the bed. “Kyungsoo hyung, you don’t need to accompany me to the bar again tomorrow.”

 

Kyungsoo, who was preparing him water and medicine for tomorrow, stopped what he was doing and looked at Jongin. “What? Why? Who would accompany you then, if not me? You know the other members wouldn’t want to be near you when you’re drunk.”

 

“Let me rephrase what I said, I’m not going to the bar anymore, hyung, so you don’t have to babysit me anymore.” He said and turned to his side indicating that he is about to sleep.

 

“Why is that?” Kyungsoo asked even though he already knew the answer.

 

“Because it’s time to move on, hyung. It’s time,” he yawned, “to move on”