Chapter 1

Counterplay
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Byun Baekhyun…Byun Baekhyun,” Youngmi unconsciously repeats over again and again while tapping her pen on the glass table in rhythmic beat.

It has seem to be that finally after 7 months, NIS has discovered a new lead, the name of the now deadliest gang’s leader.

“What a childish name” she scoffed and chuckled to herself.

She had half expected it to be something devilish to match his cutthroat actions. Heck even kai had a more scary name than Byun Baekhyun. Her inner self was currently dancing and jumping at the thought of being a step closer.

A step closer to revenging for her parents.

 

Outside Youngmi’s office, a few of her close colleges were deeply involved in a game of pool.

“What’s getting youngmi so excited that she’s smiling like a dork?” asked Suho as he eyes the red ball before attacking it with his pole.

“Who knows I catch her all the time making that face” Kai replies with an obnoxious lopsided smile.

“?” Sehun questioned in  nocently, earning a smack on his head from Suho.

“And stop staring at her all the time Kai, you know work relationships are off limits” reprimanded Suho, being the one to always keep his collegues in the right form.

“Aye gramps, its not my fault I always happen to see that face all time because I make her laugh..plus she has a nice , you’d be not completely straight if you’ve never found her attractive”.

“Where is Chen when I need him”

Suho heaves a sigh before yelling defeat and retuning back to his tasks of the day which involved investigating how exo were attaining their drug sources.  This left Sehun and kai to chuckle at their succession.

---

In Baekyun’s realm of the underground, he sat in a secluded booth at one of the exclusive clubs he owned.

“Shot shot shot shot” Tao slurred, at nobody in particular.

“Stop no more tao, I’m not gonna look after you again, this is not gonna become a daily routine of mine”. Kris was beginning to look rather infuriated.

Despite looking like he almost needed to throw up Tao was still crowded around by women who attacked at every opportunity to touch him.

Greed.

Money.

Power.

These were the ideals of what the girls that Baekhyun and his friends were after. One taste of their lips and you’d know.  But Baekyun never minded, he was only here for the entertainment. It was a win-win situation, they needed money, and he needed his pleasure.

He took another swig of the vodka.

“Let’s go dance,”

Please log in to read the full chapter