Final

Leave your lover

 
 
"I don't have much to give but I don't care for gold—"
 
 
You fidget on the bed while you were waiting for Baekhyun to come home. It was already past midnight, but you were already used to it at this point. Sigh, it's always like this.
 
Baekhyun was your boyfriend of 4 years. At the first years, he was as sweet as candy. But a year ago, he started becoming cold. Maybe because he started getting even more busy and not to mention, stressed by the exo activities, you assume. However, being the understanding girlfriend you are, you decided not to complain and understand what ever he's going through.
 
You hear foot steps coming up the stairs and you pretend to be asleep. 
 
He comes in and finds you sleeping, so he just changes his clothes and sleeps beside you, not facing you.
 
 
"What use is money when you need someone to hold?"
 
 
 
•••
 
"Don't have direction, I'm just rolling down this road—"
 
 
When you wake up, he isn't there anymore. You see a note on the bed sidetable, so you pick it up and read it. 
 
"Went early again, have a good day at work, my love.
                                -백"
 
 
You smile at the nickname, and get up to get ready for work. Maybe we're just fine.
 
 
To be honest, you have a hard time at work too, with your coworkers despising you for God knows why, and your boss giving you a ton of to do. You end up coming home with headaches and fevers, but Bakehyun wouldn't find out, since he comes home with you asleep most of the time. But again, you don't complain, because you know that Baekhyun probably has a harder time. You just wish he spent a bit more time with you.
 
On weekends, he would be at home, but he would just sit on the couch and watch tv, or do other things that don't involve you. When was the last decent conversation you had with him? You didn't know. What more a date? 
 
 
 
"Waiting for you to bring me in from out the cold."
 
•••
 
 
 
 
"You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain—"
 
Today was your anniversary and you were going to surprise him at the sm building. 
 
With a cake in your hand, a gift in the other and a smile on your face. 
 
You entered the building, and since the receptionist knew who you were, she sent you straight up.
 
You walked towards their practice room, and you opened the door slowly without making a sound. The next thing you saw, had your heart falling out of your chest. 
 
 
Baekhyun had the girl's back pressed against his chest, their bodies slowly swaying to the music. You already felt your tears streaming down your face, but what you heard next made your whole world shatter. 
 
"I love you, Taeyeon."
 
 
 
"Or how it feels to fall behind when you call her name."
 
•••
 
 
 
 
"Pack up and leave everything, 
Don't you see what I can bring, 
Can't keep this beating heart at bay."
 
 
On the way home, your tears never stop, and you thought you were going to die of dehydration.
 
After what you saw, you didn't have to think twice before leaving him. 
 
 
You packed all your belongings, all your clothes, things, everything. 
 
 
"Set my midnight sorrow free,
I will give you all of me."
 
Before you left, you put his gift, the cake and you took of your necklace where you kept your promise ring and  place it all on the bed, leaving a note as well.
 
 
After that, you left.
 
 
•••
 
 
Baekhyun came home that afternoon, remembering your anniversary, only to find the things on the bed and the note. He picked it up and read it.
 
'Hello, my love.
 
When you read this I would have been gone already. I went to your workplace to surprise you, but I saw that you already had someone else to keep you company. Thank you for the good years and the good memories. I hope you can do the same things for her. I will love you until I can't anymore. 
 
Have a good life, and happy anniversary! I hope you don't do the same hurtful things you did to me to her." 
 
 
 
 
 
"Just leave your lover, leave her for me."
 
•••end•••