There She is

His Wedding

Today is your wedding day. Excited? No. Happy? No. Nervous? No. Because this is only one of another arranged marriage story that you never imagine is still happened in this century.

 

Only one reason to make you wear this beautiful white dress full with laced as the main theme, business that is run by your dad. It's not because your dad's company have financial loss or desperate for more capital or in debt.

 

It's because the business is a firm where more than one individual included in the business and make an agreement to decide how many income and loss would be shared.

 

There were four men as the founders of the Four Stars Firm. Your dad, your soon-to-be-husband's dad, Mr. Shin and Mr. Lee. Because the health issue Mr. Lee had, he chose to leave the business after following the agreement. Got his capital back and responsible for individual loss. Being the biggest firm in South Korea, your dad didn't want the business end after losing one of the founder.

 

Since your father has the lowest share, he decided to marry you with Mr. Yoo's son. Hoping he would get more shared as main reason that he didn't tell you in the first place and the firm would avoid its fallen, as his "reason".

 

Graduated from Business majority in one prestigious university in South Korea and have more than three years experience of managerial, you more than understand what your dad's intention is. This is for you, that was what he said. But you said it's not. It's because business.

 

Your thoughts stop when your mother's soft hands rest on your shoulders, looking towards your reflection in the mirror. Letting a contented sigh.

 

"You're very beautiful, Princess." She smiled at you showing her teeth. There's no answer from soft-pink lips of yours. Then your mother sigh, her shoulders slump down under her white dress matching yours. "I'm sorry I wasn't on your side to reject this marriage,"

 

"Don't apologize, Eomma. It doesn't seem I have a perfect candidate to be my husband either. You should be grateful Appa made an arranged marriage for me," you pull up a small smile hiding your white lie. "Moreover, I'm already 26. You don't want me to not getting married and always stick by your side forever until I'm getting old, do you?" You were reasoning out.

 

Those sentences sound harsh in either side of your ears and your mother's ears. You're always be like that, you never show your anger. Through rage or fleeing from the house. If the one that should be blamed is that you. You who have no encouragement to show your objection.

 

As a good daughter you already are, you have no choice. And making it as your principle, to make your parents happy. To payback all of their kindness eventhough you'll never ever finish paying all of those.

 

"Bride! Are you ready?!" Shouted a girl with ruffled blue dress after opened the door harshly earned a slight jump from you. She couldn't escape her surprised gasp after seeing you walking towards her direction.

 

"My eonnie is so beautiful!" She is fangirling now. You left a small chuckle over her cute act, she never knows that her actions always make you smile somehow. Even the one that made you angry, in the end you're able to form a smile.

 

Your between her is 12 years. You thought you were the only child until one day when you were a year younger than she is now, holding her in your arms. That was when you learnt there's someone that you must protect besides your parents. This is what they feel when they have younger member in family, to secure them in your hands.

 

And this is what you do now for her, for your family. You don't want your father overwork in his 60's or your mother continuing her small restaurant business by herself or your cute sister do part time job to feed themselves.

 

Being married to him made your dad as the second strongest man in the firm. You could bring more prosperity towards your small family, that's the plan. On the other side, your soon-to-be-husband gets more space to run the firm. It's like he has your dad's vote in every decision he would make in the future.

 

Now you walk on the aisle with your dad's hand lock with yours while the other one secured your right hand below his gloved-hand. You followed his pace that seems so calm, unlike in that movie where the dad was reluctant to walk her daughter to the man across him.

 

That was comedy movie, perhaps. Behind your back, your younger sister hold the end of your gown tightly. Make it is mess a bit since she is nervous, like she was supposed to be at your place instead. Only the nervous part of course.

 

A moment ago...

"I hope for your happiness, your majesty." She is copying that maid in her favorite drama, bowing like obedient servant. And smiled with her heart after she straighten her back, sent you a courage message before met your dad outside. You hoped that she wouldn't end like you now. Married to a total stranger.

 

Not that total stranger. His name is Yoo Young Jae, the youngest son of the Yoos. He's has experienced running down his own business in e-commerce started almost a decade ago. But being forced to shut it off because this marriage. It seems you're not the only one who suffers.

 

There he is, a meter away from you. Standing like he is proud he could marry you. Then he lets out that smile, the smile makes his cheeks arise and his eyes turn to crescent moon shape.

 

Your dad is handing your hand to him which he gladly take it to lock with his strong arms under the black suit he wears. Your dad mouths 'be happy' to you and you only let a small smile. Young Jae who sees this couldn't help the flutter on his chest.

 

Your dad then whispered to Young Jae 'take care of her' which he answers with his best smile again. You don't know that he is this happy, like he is the happiest man in this entire galaxy.

 

 Your younger sister sits on her seat and the priest begins taking both of your vows after sealing both of your ring fingers with the wedding band made in platinum. The diamond on it didn't make you to change your mind towards him. He's stranger and forever will be eventhough in this enormous church he made you his wife.

 

"I do," he says like there's no doubt behind it. And this is your turn, "I . . .," silent. "I-I . . . do." You can't believe what you just said, just staring at the front emotionless.

 

"You may kiss the bride," here is coming. Your very first kiss will be taken by a man that once you met, a month ago. Only had a small talk in the coffee shop in the middle city of Seoul. He was the one who taking initiative to meet up. And he was the only one to come up with something to talk about while you only nodded, smiled, and bowed for thanking him.

 

He slowly pulled the veil revealing your beauty, your face is shining on his eyes. He knows you are not sure about this, because you keep that emotionless face. Just go with the flow. He takes half step closer then takes your chin between his forefinger and thumb, brings his lips where he wants to be. Your eyes slowly closed already given up.

 

You widen your eyes when you feel his lips no where on your lips, you only look at his scluptured jaw. His lips on your forehead instead. He kisses it dearly, sending 'I love you' message that you couldn't feel.

 

After good seconds, he pulls off. And all the attendants clap their hands like there's no tomorrow. Your eyes still locking at his, somehow finding an answer. Why didn't he kiss you on the lips like any other grooms? And why does he still have that bright face on him? You know and he also knows that you don't like him. Never.