Letter 8 : His First Lie

10 [Released on 10/10/10 , 10:10 am KST]

To those who haven't watched the trailer and the teaser I made for this fic, you are invited to do so at the previous chapter ^^!

the 8th letter
his first lie




"Thank you! Thank you so much!" the guy shakes Minho's hand and gave him a light hug before he ran to his family in tears.

After three years fighting for his late father's company, finally he got the right to take over the company after being cheated by his step sibling. Thanks to the famous, young lawyer, Choi Minho.

"Congratulations, Minho. You did it again," his colleagues congratulate him.

"Thank you," Minho replied, as humble as ever. It has been seven years since he left the university, graduated as the best student in the Law Faculty. He was hired less than a month after he graduated, and had poured everything he had in his career since then. Being the youngest lawyer in the district, Minho is well-known for his excellence performance in the field. He won almost every case he fought for, and his sincere personality helps in boosting his name.

Minho entered his office and quickly lands his body on his chair. Resting, he closed his eyes for awhile, thinking of his busy life. He doesn't really have times for himself. It's been awhile since the last time he visited his parents.

And Taemin.

When was the last time he listened to Taemin's voice?

"Maybe I should make a call," he muttered as he opened his eyes. His hand was about to reach for his mobile phone when he saw the front page of that day's newspaper.

"Lee Taemin Rocks The Seoul Olympic Park's Stage!"

Minho quickly reached for his wallet, opened it and took out a golden ticket. It is the ticket of the front seating. Taemin gave it to him last two weeks, inviting Minho with his shining eyes. And Minho had promised to attend the concert, too.

"It was last night.." he muttered more to himself, staring at the date mentioned.

He slapped his forehead for forgetting the concert. Again.

Taemin dropped out from the university when he was in his second year. His passion for singing and dancing was strong enough and he was accepted as a trainee in one of the biggest entertainment company in Korea. Both of them fought on the matter for two weeks since Minho was hoping for the younger boy to finish his studies properly. But Taemin was so determine and Minho finally let him choose what he wanted to do.

Taemin debuted last five years after two years of training. Being very talented and good-looking, he is a big hit up until now. He already has three big concerts in Korea, and Minho failed to attend all three, the third time was last night. As for his mini showcases and live performances, Minho did attend a few times. But the ratio would be 1:10 overall.

"It's not enough.." he said to himself, thinking of how many times he had let Taemin down.

He stood in front of his table for awhile, thinking of a proper act to apologize. He then decided to invite Taemin for a dinner. 

Minho quickly dialed his number, but his call didn’t get through.

"He must be so busy~" 

He then decided he'll just pay a visit to Taemin's apartment tonight. Though he highly doubted Taemin will be there.

***

I can't help but to keep on blaming myself every time I failed to support you. I can't help but to blame myself when I realized it is the first thing that created the gap between us..

***

"Hyung.." Taemin muttered as soon as he saw the person standing in front of his door.

"Are you busy?" Jinki asked, adjusting his specs. Taemin thought he looks adorable in it.

"Well, this is already a surprise. You were there, supporting all my concerts. And tonight you're here, at my door. What else do you have hidden in your sleeves?" Taemin asked, joking. 

True. Jinki might be a jerk back then when they were still in the university. But he's a fine, young doctor now. It was awkward the first time Taemin saw him at his first concert, but Jinki sounds so comfortable talking to him, he decided to let bygones be bygones. 

Since then they keep in touch with each other. Not that often, but enough to bring them closer.

"I was wondering if I can take you out for a dinner? I'm on my way for dinner to the restaurant there," Jinki said, pointing his finger to a famous restaurant not far from the apartment.

"Since you also live here, I thought you might want to join me," he said again, smiling.

Jinki looks like an angel when he smiles, Taemin thought no one can ever say 'no' to this guy.

"I'm hungry too," Taemin said as he stepped out from his apartment.

"Great!"

***

It is fun talking to the doctor, Taemin thought he almost die out of laughing too much. Jinki is really good in cheering the mood.

"What time is it now?" he asked, his fingers automatically reached for his mobile phone in his pocket to check on the time since he forgot to wear his watch that night. Only then he saw seven miscalls from Minho. The phone was on silent before.

"Ah, Minho hyung," he said the name, and Jinki started to look uncomfortable. His fingers quickly dialed Minho's number, and Minho took no seconds to picked up his call.

"Taemin-ah, where are you?"

Taemin thought for awhile before answering him, since he thought it won't be decent to tell Minho he is enjoying his dinner with Jinki while Minho was trying to call him for a number of times already.

"Where are you, hyung?" he decided to reply Minho with a question, too.

"I'm in front of your apartment. Do you have schedules tonight?"

"N-neh.. but I'm on my way back now. Wait there, hyung!" and he ended the call.

"Hyung, mianhae but I have to go now," Taemin said, apologizing to Jinki.

"No problem. Thank you for your company," Jinki faked a smile.

"Thank you for the treat, hyung!"

***

That was your first lie, Taemin. I knew it. Now that I think of it, maybe you were with Jinki at that time. I might be a bit disappointed if I know you were with him, but .. I don't know. Why did you lie? It makes me feel so bad. I feel like.. I failed in being a good lover for you that you have to lie, that you chose to be insincere.

I'm sorry I'm not the best for you..


***

"It's not your fault, hyung.." Taemin muttered as he closed his eyes after reading the eighth letter. He folded it carefully and keeps it in the wooden box.

Slowly, he leans down and give Minho's forehead a kiss.

"It is never your fault. I'm sorry I lied.." he whispered.

And how Taemin wishes, at least for this time Minho can respond to him.

TBC ~

Woot!! This is the 8th letter, and only two letters left. I can't believe finally the number of the letters left is this small, lol XD. And hooray since this fic reached the 100th subscribers last night!

Ok, I know this chapter is short. This is the introduction to their.. their.. complication XD? Something like that. Minho is now 27, and Taemin is 25. Suddenly I made Taemin a solo singer ._. I never planned this before, LOL.

So yeah, I am working hard to reach my target, to post the tenth letter on October 10, 2011. I think it's not impossible. ^^ I seriously can't wait to write the final chap ~

Please don't just leave. A couple of lines from you will mean a lot to me ^^.

Till the next letter,
PYNK