just some words away...

Train Station

It was a heavy rainy day and Daesung’s coat already was dripping wet, coaxing around his body and making moving difficult. Ignoring the annoying feeling of textile sticking onto his skin he half jogged as quickly as possible to without risking to accidentally slipping. It wasn’t easy to rush through viscous human traffic. Like the old lady who unintentionally got everyone stuck in the line because she couldn’t quite manage to fit her bags through the barrier. Helping her out, would mean to lose his place in the line, something he couldn’t risk, not today, he already was quite late.
Finally inside the ticket only area he had to face a new obstacle, a group of wild discussing school girls, or at least he thought they might be school girls since they all the typical plaid skirts rolled up to be especially short and button up jackets who only barely kept warm. As he came closer and tries to squeeze through the tiny gap between wall and women he realizes that for all he knows they could as well be cosplayers, since their faces were covered under a thick layer of make-up. He got a blew or two by a elbows of one of the girls, and as he brush over the probably soon becoming bruises, as he decides that he probably deserved them. They must have thought of him as a ert, taking his chance to insusceptible grind his body along theirs. Of course he didn’t he just tried to make an important shortcut out of the passenger underground and toward the stairs up to his track. Were he yet had to face a horde of black suits and tie wearer running down the very same stairs he was supposed to go up. As if this wasn't trouble enough they carried weapons inform of metallic briefcases, which always somehow ended up in between Daesung’s legs. To his own surprise he manages, to slip into the car of the departing train just in time before the door closed. He had to do a little jump from the platform till inside the train which remembered him at the saving dives he had done as a child onto his bed to avoid to cross the terrifying gap between the carpet and his mattress. Now as an adult he knows that gaps didn’t cache lurking monsters ready to strike but he never lost to be scared of them, though all they were now were trip hazards for a clumsy being like him. Especially on days where everyone was rushing and trying to get their bodies out of the monsoon like rain which easily could go by the phrase, „it’s raining cats and dogs”.

To his bad luck he had missed the earlier direct train which didn’t make this little extra turn to all those small station no one really seems to live at, yet seemed to be important enough to own something like the idea of a stop. Like a lot of other people, which explained the jam packed car, Daesung had rent a flat outside the city. They were a lot of benefits by living in the countryside, traveling back and forth certainly wasn’t one of them! It has been one of those days where he was unhappy with his live choices, such as his low income job and the high standards he had towards the home he barely did anything else than sleeping in. Let alone his impatience, he could have just continued to search for the perfect opportunity, yet he was too lazy to move out and stuck somewhere in the nowhere, whith absolutely no possibilities to meet someone at least close his age.
As the train trundles towards the next bigger station there was a lot of moving and pushing going on, and Daesung suddenly found himself pressed against a man in pinstripes. The guy with the extremely expensive but ugly suit looked rather spooked out. Daesung had to admit he probably would have so too, if a particular stranger somehow ended up being shoved into his groins while others tried to escape the moving tin can. And just when he thought he could breathe again and finally free himself from that painfully embarrassing situation people started to move back in finding the last tine tiny space in this already packed car, prisoning Daesung in his unfortunate situation.

 

It took him a while to find the courage to at least look at his harassed victim, but once he did all his prepared introducing and apologizes where gone and he ended up stuttering.
“Hi, I am not that kind of person.” Which sounded extremely believable …not!

Where was the famous hole to hide in when one needed it the most! This just couldn’t get any more distressing and it didn’t do him any favor that the man in front of him was extremely handsome. And by extreme handsome he actually means breath taking, goddess like creature out of a prince-charming magazine. Yes that guy had a model like figure, tall and not too slime and not too bulky but rather well build body with perfect board shoulders. And his face was flawless, eye-catching were his manly cheekbones, and his striking eyes. In fact his gaze was so intensive that Daesung almost got trouble breathing or well that might have been caused because of that ignorant guy stabbing him with his backpack. Mr. Perfect flashed him a sympathy yet little awkward smile, and now Daesung was sure that his heart just stopped beating all together. To be honest it wouldn’t even surprise him if his body would just pass out right now, because heck why not... The stranger started to move away from Daesung and while a part of him was relieved to not have his pelvis pressed onto a strangers anymore  it also stupidly hurts his self-esteem. To his surprise Mr. handsome out of all people wasn’t just beautiful but also very thoughtful and nice, because a little later Daesung found himself in the save spot between door and seats while Mr. perfect was shielding him. And that’s when he realized that he probably had panicked and indeed started to breath like a fish on land, and the guy just thought he was dying on him or something  worst … well he at least owned him a honest thank you right.
But “thank yous’” often led to so much more.

Mr. handsome smoked, he hadn’t told him but it lingered in his scent, as well as the faint minty coffee breath he had, but not the unpleasing kind. He worries about his own breath, since he eats at his workplace he uses to brush his teeth at the company toilets. But today he had used a new kind of toothpaste, those one had to bite foamy before brushing. Daesung always had been endeavored for the environment, else an anxious awkward social being like him wouldn’t force himself through the sheer horror of public transportation. His mistake was to entrust the brand lush, something he always ends up doing once a year. They weren’t many cosmetic brands one could go when trying to stop animal cruelty. As all lush products this had a rather weird kind of “lushy” smell and maybe it was just one of a thousand excuses his ruffled ego not available confidence makes to not talk to the top styled stranger with the appealing eyebrows.

Because Daesung would pass as greenie-freak he was pleased to spot a refill-able extra-large hot beverage tumbler in the stranger’s hand. The same hand which also carried a red umbrella, well it hung on his wrist, explaining why his upper body had been so dry. Only realizing now that he probably must have left some humid spots, since his clothes were drenched to say the least, he suddenly felt the urge to hide in a deep pit. But if he wouldn’t find the courage to speak soon he would never find out the strangers name is Seunghyun. He wouldn’t find out that he usually drives to work, because he needed too and most likely wouldn’t get to see him again.
 

They stood in silence and even though with every passing station the passenger count lessens neither of them really moves away. Obviously attracted towards each other, yet too shy to break the quietness. Time passes by and eventually Daesung observed shocked that the stranger prepared to leave the train. Barely noticeable, like how he took the dangling umbrella to his right. As the train stops he nods his goodbye and went out without a second of hesitation. It was a very small train station, a train station only once a while a train would take mercy to stop at, a station Daesung actually never had even heard of.
People who lived here probably never went with the train anywhere if they hadn’t had too.
And somehow deep in his guts he knew, that he wouldn’t meet that beautiful stranger again. It was a once of a lifetime possibility. Someone you met just faintly but will constantly remember, wondering if maybe, if the circumstances were different this person might still be in your life.
As the door closed and the train started to move Daesung was sure he made a big mistake, because he was standing in the purring rain running after someone he had never spoken a word too, just because the thought of never seeing him again terrifies the living soul out of him. In his imagination everything went movie-like smooth but reality hit him as he ungracefully stumbled failing in his atempt to boldly approach him.

He spilled his coffee as he ungently grapes Daesung wrist but actually succeeds catching him mid-fly and saves him from a very dangerous downfall.

The rain hammered loudly against the corrugated iron roof but all he hears is the blood rushing through his veins.
“I’ am Daesung!”

He yells, because he is scared that his soft voice would get lost in the background noises and if the other wouldn’t hear his attempt to start to talk to him he isn’t sure if he would manage to gather the courage for a second try. And it was terrible, awkward, he was freezing, and lost, because he didn’t even knew where he was to begin with, or when the next train would pass by to collect him, he didn’t knows anything except that it was perfect.
Nothing yet the promising start of something so much more. Life was weird sometimes...you pass by the most amazing people without noticing, people who may have the power to change your life. They cross, they move on, they are
just some words away.