Chicken Comfort

Probably Perfect

 

ChickenComfort

 I got some food, want some?

BunnyBoy: (7:30pm)

What kind?

               Food.

BunnyBoy: (7:33pm)

Asdfqwer

      Want it or not?

BunnyBoy: (7:34)

Bring it over.

 


 

“He always has to be so complicated.” I grunt and press the stop button after putting my phone into my purse. I was going to stop by regardless of him wanting food or not anyways. I chuckle as I hop off the bus.

I pause a little in front of their practice room before opening the door. I always find some reason to stop by during his practice but now it feels a bit awkward after that date Bobby arranged with Hanbin, or whatever you want to call that awkward incident. I have nothing against Hanbin and everything against Bobby but it still feels somewhat odd to face him against after that “date”.

“Here comes Soju with food!!!” Bobby announces as soon as he sees me at the door.

“That doesn’t sound very pleasant if you tell me.” Jinhwan scoffs jokingly

“Don't get any the." I mock and stick my tongue out teasingly before walking toward Bobby, who is lying flat on the floor, dripping in sweat. I dig inside the food bag and take out a piece of napkin. “Wipe your sweat! So gross!!!” I grimace and throw it on his face, laughing.

“Rude much!” He exclaims and shoots up with the napkin still on top of his face.

“Guys, come over. I brought chicken!!!” I sit down next to bunny boy and call out.

The sweaty boys quickly gather around at the mention of food.

“What’s the occasion?” Junhwe quickly grabs a pair of chopstick and claims a drumstick.

“Are you guys finally announcing your relationship?” Donghyuk lets out a mischievous laugh and sits down next to me, nudging me a little. This little!

I blush and immediately hate myself for doing so. I continue opening the boxes of chicken and lay them out on the wooden dance floor.

“You want to die?” Bobby hisses at the boy while maintaining a threatening smile. The little devil retreats to my side, still laughing his off.

“Oh! Hanbin, come over. Seojin brought chicken.” Junhyeong exclaims and waves at the newly arrived Hanbin. I didn't even notice his absence. Who am I kidding? Of course I noticed, he was the first one I looked for when I first entered.

I jerk a little at the mention of his name for some unknown reason. It’s probably because of the lingering awkwardness from our previous meeting. I turn and smile at him, “Hey, you came?” I greet and try to be casual.

“Yeah.” The leader smiles and sits down next to Bobby. “What’s the occasion?” he says, picking up a piece of chicken.

“They’re announcing their relationsh-“ Donghyuk blurts out with a mouthful.

Bobby stops the boy with a kick to the face, “Shut your mouth when you eat.”

Donghyuk whimpers and leans back to me, seeking support. “Stop talking nonsense and eat.” I glare at him and hiss. The boy once again whimpers and moves away from me. He’s just so cute; I can’t stay mad at him no matter how stupid he may be. I give him a gentle pat and look up at Hanbin. It almost looks like he’s sad or bothered by something.

“Something bothering you, Hanbin?” I don’t even know why I decided to ask that. It would have been fine if I just let it go. It just bothers me because he looks upset.

Hanbin lets out a panicked “huh?” as if he was distracted by something until I start talking to him. “Oh, it’s nothing.” He quickly brushes it off as soon as he realizes the source of my concern: his serious face.

“Don’t you know that he’s famous for his resting face?” Junhyeong laughs while munching on his chicken.

“Resting face?” The hell is a resting face? Never heard about that before.

“That.” Junhwe points at his leader’s face with a chicken bone. Hanbin blushes and swings his arm, sending Junhwe’s chicken bone flying across the room.

I blurt out laughing. Resting face. Something about that phrase and its correct description of his face is just too funny. To be completely honest, I have never really paid attention to Hanbin even though he appeared on TV many times when I watch WIN. I guess I have always paid most of my attention toward bunny boy that I never really noticed how handsome and adorable this boy is.

 


 

“I’m going.” I pick up the trash bags and says goodbye to the boys, who are lying flat on the floor probably suffering from a food coma.

“I’ll see you out.” Hanbin quickly gets up and runs to me.

“It’s okay. I know the way out.” I smile and shake my head.

“I need to walk the chickens off before practice anyways.” He jokes and grabs the trash bags from me hands.

I see no point in refusing him any further so I just smile and walk out. Part of me still wants Bobby to walk me out since we haven’t been talking as much as usual due to my final project for the internship; but all is good.

“Bye.” Bobby yells from the floor when I walk out the door. I look back and he is still hasn’t moved an inch from his position on the floor. I let out a disappointing sigh and when I realize that Hanbin is right next to me. I hope he didn’t notice that.

“Let’s go.” I smile and skip my way down the hall. “So how’s practice for you guys?” I nonchalantly start a conversation.

“Alright I guess. We’re working harder than before that’s for sure.” He laughs, following closely behind me.

I stop and turn to him, “You guys always seem so tired though.” I start walking backward while looking at him. He seems happier than I remember from WIN. Now that I think about it, he didn’t leave a good impression on me in WIN. He always looked so serious and stressed and that seriously bothers me. I don’t usually get stressed. I mean, doing the thing that I do, getting too stressed can affect the design.

“We can’t afford to slack off now.” His face darkens and his voice gets deeper.

I suddenly feel bad but I don’t know why. I mean I didn’t say anything wrong. His reaction saddens me. I can feel my heart clenching inside my ribcage.

“Well, I’m sure everything will be worth it at the end.” Unknowingly, I walk toward him and tiptoe to give him a hug. I just feel like he needs a hug badly. He seems too bothered and stressed for kids his age. I gently caress the back of his head. It’s just something I do when I hug people.

He lets go of the trash bags and abruptly wraps his arms around me, pulling me in for a tight embrace. Shocked by his sudden action, I gasp and attempt to pull away.

“Thank you.” He breathes out those two words before lowering his head and buries it into my shoulder.

I loosen up when I hear those words. He must be tired. I smile and the back of his head, repeating the same “Everything will be okay.”

I don’t know much about this kid but after seeing such sadness in his eyes, I simply cannot push him away. Something about him just drives you in. Something about the way he yearns for an embrace sends throbbing pain down my nerves. I don’t know what it is but I would want to find out and help him. He is, after all, bunny boy’s capable leader and best friend.

Author's note:

Hope you guys are liking the story so far :) Love every single one of you <3 <3 <3

Signing out with sassy Papa YG. Have a nice everyone <3 <3

credits - contradictori