Seojin SOJU

Probably Perfect

 

Seojin SOJU

He’s doing this because it bothers him that I like him.

This thought keeps on coming back no matter how much I want to shake it off. Everyone in the whole wide world knows that this girl, Lee Seojin, has the biggest crush on Kim Jiwon, the very boy I’m on the phone with right at this moment. I met him back in 2010, some time before he auditioned for YG entertainment. He was a cute little boy then, and still is a very cute little bunny, I must confess. We met through a friend and have been close friends since then.

I must admit that I wasn’t too fond of the boy when we first met. He was always smiling like an idiot and his dorky personality didn’t help his case at all. Yet, ironically, I fell for this idiot by those exactly same things. His smile is so contagious that you can’t possibly keep a straight face after seeing it. Slowly but surely, all his charms crept up and devoured me. There was nowhere I could have hide, so I accepted my fate. He’s the closest thing to perfect. His eye smile is killer and his cute bunny teeth get me every time. And, most important of all, the things I love most about him: his motivation and passion for music that no one can possibly beat.

It was not until years into our friendship that realized this infatuation if mine. And when it hit me, it took me down hard. I tried to act like everything is the same but I’m sure he notices little things along the way. I know he doesn’t look at me that way. Also, he is so absorbed in his goal of debuting, especially after WIN: Who Is Next? I’m sure he’s not looking at anyone in a special way. I’m not complaining, though, I understand and am willing to wait patiently as long as he lets me stay by his side. He is my friend before being my crush. His success is important to me as well.

“Well, hurry up. We’re already here waiting for your slow .” Jiwon, A.K.A Bobby (as many may know him by), hurries me with his boisterous laugh.

“Shut up! I’m coming.” I snarl and hang up the phone before picking up my pace. Yes, that is our friendship. The boy may seem like the cutest and nicest thing in the world but he’s evil. Just kidding, he’s the sweetest thing on Earth. He’s just like that with me because I’m mean to him first. Well, I do need to have a way to conceal my feelings somehow, you know.

I turn the corner and quickly spot two boys sitting by the window of the café, facing each other. The two look so similar from afar that I can hardly make out who is who. Both wear a black snapback backward. Their style of clothing is almost identical, very hip-hop I must say. As I come closer, I know for sure the one facing my way is bunny boy because of his cheeky smile.

Taking a deep breath before entering, I make sure my hair is neat and my dress is in place.

“SOJU!” Bobby’s voice rings as soon as I walk in. “Took you long enough.”

“Not everyone has company cars readily for them to use, Kimbab.” I give him a healthy dose of daily sass as I make my way across the café. Some people are whispering and some are even taking pictures. Not of me, of course, of the two good-looking guys sitting at the table next to the window. After WIN, the two become more well known regardless their defeat. It was a bitter defeat for them. Bobby was crushed for a few months but now he seems to be doing better since he actually gets out of the practice center nowadays.

“I told you two days ago. You have more enough time to get here even if you crawled.” He complains while dragging me to his table.

“Oh, shush it! I would have been here much earlier if you didn’t criticize my clothes right before I leave my house.” I roll my eyes and drag my feet. Bunny boy here called me an hour ago and demanded to see what I was planning to wear. I was satisfied with my choice of high-waisted skinny jeans, a loose V-neck and a cream cardigan. However, apparently my outfit was too plain for bunny boy’s taste since he demanded me to wear the dress he got me for my birthday last year, which was on the hanger somewhere in the back of my closet. It’s a flowy dress in a lovely pastel pink color, too girly for my taste but the boy insisted so I could only obey.

“Well, regardless, I see that I worked magic on you today.” He laughs and looks back at me. His laugh always melts my heart. The way his eyes completely disappear when he smiles is just so adorable that it almost makes me ignore what he just said.

I gasp, place my free hand on my chest and pretend to be offended. “Bunny man,” I blurt and still blushing a little.

The boy just laughs and pulls me down into the seat next to his and directly across of the other boy.

“Hey,” the boy stands up a little to greet me then sits right back down.

For the first time, I take my eyes off of bunny boy and look at the person across from me. In front of me is the face that I am not unfamiliar with. I have seen him on TV several times when I was watching bunny boy. He has a small, slim face; very fierce yet kind looking eyes that are bigger than bunny boy’s (I highly doubt anyone can have smaller eyes than bunny boy); and very prominent cheekbones. Not to mention his very tall nose, adorable Cupid’s bow lips, and razor sharp jaw line. I must admit that he looks a lot better in real life.

“Hi. Nice to meet you.” I awkwardly offer him my hand and he quickly takes it.

“Soju, this is Hanbin. I’m sure you know who he is already.” Bunny boy begins his job of introducing us.

“I must have been living under a rock if I still don’t know who B.I. is.” I joke and smile at Team B’s capable leader, who blushes a little at my remark.

“Hanbin, this is Seojin, my dear, dear, stupid, little troublemaker.” Jiwon is obviously asking for it. I turn and shoot him a glare.

Hanbin laughs, “I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“Really? I hope they’re all good things.” I laugh and lean closer to Hanbin and whisper, “Don’t believe him if he says any bad things about me. They’re all lies.”

“You’re funny!” Bobby lets out a few dry chuckles and pulls me back into my seat.

“I know I am.” I mumble and sit back as Hanbin laughs at our bickering.

“Jiwon, chill.” Hanbin laughs.

“Soju, what do you want? Bottle of Soju?” The boy laughs at his own joke. “I’m going so you have 2 seconds to decide.” He asks, ready to leave any second.

“Give me a sec. I just got here.” I complain, “You know what, I’ll go with you.” I stand up but the boy quickly pushes me back down into my seat.

“I’ll just get what I want since you took forever to get here.” I know exactly why he wants to go alone and I hate it. I don’t know why he thinks it’s a good idea to introduce me to his friend to get me off his back. Like that would work.

“But…” I protest, sensing the upcoming awkwardness when the two of us are left alone while Bobby orders for me.

Bobby hisses for me to sit back down. I follow with a sour face.

“Talk a little. I’ll be right back.” Bobby pats my head and I swear I can see him winking at Hanbin before he walks away.

So here we are, alone. I awkwardly wrap my fingers around the cup of melting iced water as Hanbin quietly takes off his hat and puts it back again. The awkwardness right now is a bit too much for my comfort. Unlike bunny boy, Hanbin seems shy. And this surprised me because he seems completely different from his image his has in WIN.

After a few seconds of complete silence, Hanbin chuckles, “You didn’t want to come, huh?”

I shoot my head up, surprised. He seems tensed and nervous. Seeing him like that makes me feel bad since I have been acting quiet distanced more than usual since I am still salty from the fact that Bobby is doing this to me.

“No. I was actually really excited to meet the infamous Team B’s leader that Bobby always talks about.” I lie. I’m starting to get better at that. It comes naturally nowadays. To be honest, I really wanted to meet Hanbin, but not like this, not this way and definitely not for this reason.

He chuckles shyly, shifting slightly from his seat. Aw, that is so cute.

And… There’s that awkward silence again. I chuckle awkwardly in attempt to break the dead, cold silence.

He clears his throat and says shyly, “I…uh… I like your dress. You look good in it.”

I’m caught off guard for a brief moment, surprised by the sudden compliment. The boy seems to have mentally face palmed himself after blurting out that remark.

I can’t help to giggle a little. “Thank you. Bobby specifically instructed me to wear this dress.” I look down and check on my dress once more.

“You can always count on that bunny for wardrobes advices, right?” He lets out the most adorable laugh that makes my heart skip a beat.

I quickly gather myself and nod, “That’s about everything that you can use him for.”

“Are you badmouthing about me again, little girl?” I can hear Bobby’s voice before I can even catch a glimpse of him. He sets down a plate of strawberry crepes with extra whipped cream in front of me and beside it, a tall glass of bubble milk tea.

As expected, he knows exactly what to get me. I puff up my cheeks and give him my cheekiest smile as my “thank you”.

“The line was so long. It’s all your fault that I had to wait forever just for your lame plate of crepes.” Bobby hands B.I his cup of Americano and a small plate with some kind of pastry on top.

“Would you like some cheese with that whine, Kimbab?” I snicker after taking the first bite of my crepes. “I told you that I could go myself. You’re the one who insisted on going yourself.” I look over at Hanbin for a response and the boy cracks up like there’s no tomorrow. The three of us laugh and continue to chat until the sun goes down.

“I think we should go. We have practice tomorrow.” Hanbin announces and gets up.

Bobby lets out a long sigh and leans back into his chair in despair. “I don’t wanna,” He whined.

“Bobby, come on.” Hanbin tilts his head on one side with a straight face.

“Alright, alright, Mr. Leader.”

I follow them out to the door, still giggling over Bobby’s quick surrender.

“We can drop you off.” Hanbin offers, seeing that it’s already pretty dark outside.

“I’m going to the car.” Bobby stretches and leaves us behind yet again. That mofo!

I quickly take my eyes off of Bobby as soon as he gets into the car and direct them back to Hanbin. “It’s okay. My house is only 2 bus rides from here.” I smile, unconsciously rubbing my arms. It’s a little cold now that the sun is down. I completely forgot to bring a cardigan since I was in a hurry earlier.

Hanbin suddenly takes off his jacket and puts it over my shoulders. “I’ll walk you to the bus stop.”

I freeze in place for a second, not knowing what to do. My heart seems to be misbehaving a whole lot today. It’s probably because I’m angry with that stupid bunny boy.

“But, Jiwon is waiting for you in the car.” I need to calm myself and walking with Hanbin certainly won’t help much with that.

“It’s okay, I can wait for a few minutes. At the worst, Hanbin can just take the cab back to the dorm alone.” Bobby suddenly rolls down the window, sticks the entire first half of his body out and gives us one of his blinding smiles (literally).

That stupid bunny face! I can feel my face burning up when Bobby goes back inside the car. Both with embarrassment and with something else even scarier that I’m not sure myself.

Hanbin seems to be as surprised as me. He turns slowly back to me and chuckles nervously.

“Well, we can’t let that happen to our leader, can we?” I give up and start walking. “Let’s hurry.”

 

Author's note:

First chapter is UPPPP!!! Thanks for reading guys!!! I'm open for criticisms and suggesstions :) Feel free to drop a comment down below <3

Signing out with adorbs Kimbab <3

 

credits - contradictori