I'm Her

My Huge Boy

Chapter 2 – I’M HER

 

My name is Jennie Kim. I’m 18 years old. Two years ago I found out that what I believed to be my twin brother happens to be my half-brother. His name is Kim Hanbin. For 16 years I believed and liked the fact that we’re twins. But everything was just a lie. Apparently, my dad knocked up his mistress which is my biological mother that’s why I’m here in this world. And what’s worse is she dropped me at the doorstep of my dad and Hanbin’s mom the day Hanbin was born. So to avoid any malicious rumors and to keep the controversy of my dad’s adultery, they told their relatives and the people they knew and close to them that Hanbin’s mom gave birth to twins. I was born on January while he was born on October on the same year so nobody will really suspect that we’re not twins. When I found out about the truth, I ask my dad on where I could find my mom and he told me that she lives in the U.S. I searched for her and her address and when I found it, I decided to go abroad and be with her. It’s not because I really want to be with her. It’s just that after finding out about the truth, I just couldn’t face Hanbin and his mom. I was really mad and above all, I was ashamed. How can I face my brother and his mom, the one I believed to be my mom, knowing that I’m an illegitimate child? So I packed my things and went abroad with the only savings I have and without my dad’s permission. I just left them a note thanking them and apologizing in behalf of my mom. I found my mom’s address. She lives in a small apartment in New York. I was standing at her doorstep when she opened the door, she just looked at me without saying a word. I introduced myself and she let me in. I lived with her for two years and there was no single day that we talked about me, about us. She never opened up and never asked. Until one day, she just told me to go home. She said that she’s better off without me and I’m better off without her. I was disappointed but never shocked. Maybe she really doesn’t want me at all. She abandoned me on the very first place. I am not mad at her. I also don’t hate her. I didn’t cry when she kicked me out. Maybe because I don’t really care about her at all, and so did she. I called my dad telling him I’m coming home and he was happy. But I wasn’t. Everything is no longer what it used to be.

 

 

 

I chose the desk at the last row near the window. I notice my classmate would occasionally glance at me but I just ignored them. Maybe it’s because of the scene Hanbin made a while ago. He just practically got everyone’s attention when he asked me to eat lunch with him. And, I don’t know if I want to.

 

It’s my senior year and I belonged to 12-C. It’s good that Hanbin and I are not classmates. This way I could avoid him. I really don’t want to be in the same place with him. I just couldn’t be with him.

 

The door opened and a man entered our classroom.

“Good morning class.”

“Good morning sir.”

“I am Lee Seunghyun and I will be your Homeroom teacher for the school year.” He exclaimed and all of my classmates applauded. Obviously, everyone here knows him.

“I know. I know.” He said. I think he’s funny.

“By the way, you have a new classmate.” He announced. “Where is Ms. Kim?”

I raised my hand and he smiled at me.

“Please introduce yourself to the class.” He said.

I stood up and made my way in front.

“Good morning. My name is Jennie Kim.” I introduced.

“That’s it?” he asked. “Tell us something about yourself.”

“I’m a transferee from Mickelson High in New York.” I continued.

“Wow. Why did you transfer? Isn’t it nice there?”

“I heard YG is a great school.” I said.

“Well, that’s true.” He nodded. “You’ll like it here Ms. Kim. You may now take your seat.”

 

We have three periods and it’s lunch break. I saw Hanbin waiting outside our classroom. He’s talking to someone.

“Hey. There you are.” He greeted. “By the way this is Bobby, my friend. Bobby this is my sister, Jennie.” He said and put his arm on my shoulder.

“So this is her huh? The girl version of you.” He smiled. “I’m Bobby.” He said.

“Jennie.” I said and we shook hands.

“You do have a beautiful twin sister.” He said.

“I know.” Hanbin replied and looked at me and I looked away.

The truth about us is still kept as a secret. Everyone still thought and believes that we’re twins.

“Let’s go.” Hanbin said and let go of me.

 

“Take your seat. I’ll go grab our lunch.” Hanbin said.

“I can manage.” I refused.

“No it’s okay.” He said and they made their way.

He’s still acting the same though I can sense the awkwardness between us. But he still do what he always do before. He’s still the same and I appreciate it. Unfortunately, nothing is still the same with me. Everything changed.

“Here we go.” He said as soon as they arrive and put our food on the table. He bought me a Japanese Teriyaki. “I know you don’t like chickens but they serve a very good chicken dishes here.” he said. “Here.” he said and handed me a bottle of orange juice and bottled water. “For you to ingest it well in case you’ll have a hard time.” He continued. Me and my issues with food. He really knows everything about me.

“Thanks.” I said. He smiled.

I took a spoonful of my food. He’s right, it does tastes good.

“You like it?” he asked. I nodded.

“I told you.” He said and took a spoonful of his food. I took a sip of my orange juice when a group of boys made their way on our table and put down their trays.

“Do you mind if we share?” asked one of them.

“Yes.” Hanbin said. Are we in trouble here?

“Thanks.” They all said in unison and sat down. It’s a long table, the two of them took the seat next to Hanbin and Bobby and the other three took the seat next to me.

“I said yes, I do mind.” Hanbin corrected.

“We have company. You can’t eat with us.” Bobby added.

“Is this how you treat your hyungs?” asked the other guy beside me.

“Just because you have a pretty girl with you and you’re now treating us rudely.” The guy beside him said.

“Hi miss. You are?” the guy beside me asked. I looked at him and at Hanbin.

“She’s my sister.” Hanbin said.

“She’s my girlfriend.” Bobby said. I looked at them confused.

“Friends.” Hanbin confirmed. Oh.

“Woah. So this is her? I didn’t know you have a very beautiful sister.” The guy beside me exclaimed.

“Can’t you tell?” Hanbin said and pointed at his face.

“Yeah, you’re handsome.” The guy next to Hanbin said.

“We’re all handsome here.” one of the boys in our row said.

“I’m Kang Seunghyun.” The guy next to me introduced.

“Kim Jinwoo.” Said the guy beside him.

“Lee Seunghoon.” The guy beside Jinwoo introduced.

“Nam Taehyun.” The guy next to Hanbin said. They were all smiling as they introduce their selves. I looked at the last one who sits next to Taehyun. He was just looking at me and I also look at him waiting for his introduction.

“I’m Song Mino.” He said and then he smiled.

“I’m Jennie Kim.” I introduced looking at each one of them and lastly, at him.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

A/N

That’s the second chapter. If you’re reading this, thank you so much. ^____^

 

D x