Final.

Love the Death

The cut felt awesome. How the warm thick red substance dripped out of his wrist, he loved it. The feeling of blood running down his arm before wetting his clothes. It was so relieving. Kyungsoo sighed and smiled in bliss while watching the ground dripping red with his blood. The door opened and a woman screamed. He forgot to lock the door behind him. Kyungsoo was too weak to see who it was, his eyes slowly closed but the voice seemed like his mothers voice. The woman rushed out of the bathroom and Kyungsoo felt relieved that he was let alone to die. He didn't wanted accompany, especially not from his mother who wouldn't even think about accompanying him while dieing. He drifted off to sleep, deep endless sleep- he hoped. With a last smile, the darkness overcame him and he died.

 

Kyungsoo woke up, surrounded by unfamiliar surroundings. Slowly, he stood up and circled around himself, scanning the nature around him. He was standing in a dark forest, it was dark but enough to see a few metres far. The trees were all grey as the sky. Grey clouds covered the dark grey sky that was only exposed at only one part, the moon was placed there, shining eerie light on the grey leaf covered ground. The leafs rustled under his feet as he turned around and searched for an exit or a sign where he was. Wait. Didn't he died? Yes he did. Then this must be... Heaven? No, that was impossible. Hell? Not either. Kyungsoo sighed and sat own. Maybe he just had to wait here.

A few minutes passed until he heard a cracking noise. He was feeling really cold all of a sudden. Startled, he turned his head to where the noise came from and his eyes widened even more than they were already, almost popping out of their holes. 

A mysterious creature. There stood a person or a thing? Kyungsoo wasn't sure. He scanned the being in front of him while slowly standing up. The thing wore a black robe and was surrounded by dark black fog. Was it fog? More like dark shadows winding around the figure. Kyungsoos eyes wandered to a stick and when he followed it upwards, he saw a blade. That person or thing was a scythe man. The hood was covering his face so Kyungsoo couldn't see a bit of his face. Kyunsoo gazed at the being in front of him. He wasn't sure what it wanted.

"Am I dead?", he asked.

"Not completely."

The voice was dark and deep, ringing in his head. Like a ghosts voice, surrounding him and echoing between the trees in the forest.

"What? But I thought I-I was dead!", he said after he felt the tingling sensation inside him fading. 

"The high council is deciding over you. You are in a between-world."

"What will happen to me now?"

"They decide over you. You can come to hell in different places there. You can come to heaven or you are allowed to continue your life."

"Okay..."

"Yes."

"Then who are you?"

"I am Death."

"You mean- the real Death?"

"Yeah."

"Tell me.", Kyungsoos eyes glistened with joy.

"Tell you what?", he asked with obvious confusion.

"About your work. I never thought I would ever meet you!"

"Well, umm... I don't have much to say. It's boring."

The way the man spoke now wasn't as intimidating as before and Kyungsoo liked listening to the person, or Death.

"Why is it boring?"

"Well, every day it's the same work. People come and die, I lead them to their place and they are all scared of me. I don't have anything else than this."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I do this job quite long now and I don't have any friends or free time or such."

"Why not?"

"As you can feel, I am really cold, my aura is cold and it scares other people. You must fell the coldness too, am I right?"

"Yes, but it doesn't bother me. If I like a person I would be with him. It doesn't matter if he or she is cold or not. Isn't it only important to spend time with that person? I mean, I think so.", Kyungsoo smiled upwards to the taller person even though he couldn't see the face.

"You are right... Tell me, why did you kill yourself?"

"My life wasn't really what you could call a life there."

"Why?"

"I didn't have any friends because I am 'different' just because I studied for school and my parents, well, they abused me and such. They didn't loved me and since I was still a minor, I couldn't leave the house. I didn't wanted to live on the streets, it was pointless. So, I decided to kill myself today on my birthday."

"What? Your birthday?"

"Yes. Today I am turning 18. Finally an adult."

"But why did you kill yourself then?"

"My parents would have kicked me out of the house. And I didn’t have any other possibilities where to stay. So why not?"

"But... What is with friends, with a girl, with the time you already lived?"

"I never had friends, never anyone was friendly to me. You can draw conclusions with the girls and the time I lived was nothing. It was a waste of time."

"No life is a waste of time."

"Mine is. I don't care if I die. I am looking forward to it."

A long silence rested between them.

"Could you take that hood off for me?"

The question obviously startled the other male and he shook his head slightly.

"No, I am sorry but I am not allowed to do so."

"Oh..."

"Oh, they decided! Come Kyungsoo."

"What?"

"They decided what is going to happen with you, they sent a message to me. They decided to let you continue your life. Follow me."

"What? I don't want to."

"Come. Come here. The Death pulled Kyungsoos arm and the boy felt coldness running through his body, making him shiver. Death let him go as he realized what he had done.

"Don't let me go. Hold me tight. I don't care about the coldness.", Kyungsoo exhaled.

Death gripped his arm again and now, he pulled him in an embrace. Kyungsoo gasped as the shadows wrapped around his body and for a short time, he felt himself melting into the other, though he was cold like ice. Kyungsoo sighed with a smile and hugged the Death tightly.

"Thank you for talking to me.", the dark voice rang in Kyungsoos ears. "Cherish your life. Take the chance. I will wait for you. Forever."

Kyungsoo felt the other fading around him and his eyes widened.

"Wait!", he called for the other. He stopped fading around Kyungsoo and the boy looked in the dark hood. "Please. What's your name?"

"I am Death."

"No, your real name."

A few seconds of silence filled the forest and Kyungsoo only heard the rustles of the shadows surrounding him. Surprisingly, he didn't felt cold.

"My name is Jongin."

With that, he faded into nothing and Kyungsoo lost him in his arms. His eyes started to tear up and he looked down at his hands.

"I will come back. I promise.", Kyungsoo whispered.

A low chuckle was heard in the forest, it was deep and filling everything of Kyungsoo.

"Eventually you will come back. You have to die."

Kyungsoo heard the other smile. Then he fainted.

 

Kyungsoo awoke to beeping noises. He opened his eyes and looked around him, he was bedridden but he felt the urge to stand up and walk around. His heart was craving for the man. Never in his life, he felt so sad and needy for someone. Kyungsoo sat up and rubbed his eyes, noticing the pain in his wrists. Hissing, he pulled his hands away and shoved the bed sheets away from him.

The door was clicking and Kyungsoo turned his attention towards the door, catching a nurse there.

"Mr Do! You're awake!"

"Yes."

"Wait, let me get the doctor for your check up."

Kyungsoo only nodded slightly and looked out of the window which was placed right next to his bed. He smiled softly at the memory of Jongin whom he held in his arms for at least a minute. 

The door opened again, interrupting his thoughts. Kyungsoo pointed his eyes at the doctor who had entered and walked towards him.

"Hello, Mr Do. I see you're awake. I am here to check up on you. My name is Byun Baekhyun."

Good. Good for you. Let me alone. Kyungsoo thought but his gaze seemed expressionless.

"Then do it."

The doctor started checking him but his eyes widened a bit. He didn't expect the young boy to be this cold, he was cold like ice, as if he was dead. He looked at the nurse and she raised an eyebrow questioningly. The doctor looked at Kyungsoo who had a faint smile on his lips.

"Tell me, are you feeling cold?", the doctor asked.

"No, I am not."

"Hmm, you are alright. Just rest there a bit longer."

Kyungsoo smiled and watched the nurse and the doctor leaving. Finally they were gone. The only person he wanted to see now was not reachable for him. His eyes closed and he leaned back on the bed.

Knocking filled the room and the door was opened. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, he wished for those annoying people to go away.

"Is everything alright or why are you coming back?", he asked tired. 

There was no answer, only the sudden feeling of coldness was there. Immediately, Kyungsoo felt safe and secure. He turned around and there stood a man, dressed all in black, his hands buried in the pockets of his leather jacket. A hood was over his head and Kyungsoo again couldn't see the face of the person, like before- yea. Who wore the hood before? Didn't he meet someone? Kyungsoo wasn't sure. He didn't remember what had happened before. He only knew that he felt really good in the coldness the man led in his room.

"You start to forget me? I see. Maybe I should leave. This stupid law of them."

The voice sounded so familiar to Kyungsoo. He was sure he had heard the voice before but he couldn't remember whom it belonged to. The man turned around and headed for the door to leave. Kyungsoo felt the coldness leave and tears filled his eyes.

"Wait!", he called for the other. "Please don't go."

The stranger turned around and walked back to Kyungsoo. The boy was staring at him with glassy eyes and a light sob escaped his plump heart shaped lips.

"Don't go...", he repeated and reached out for the hem of the strangers shirt, he took it and tugged lightly with the little strength he had in his body.

"It's alright, I won't leave. Please stop tugging before you are too tired."

Kyungsoo again thought that the voice was so familiar. But he just couldn't remember.

"Why are you so familiar? Who are you? What do you want?"

"I want to make you feel how a happy life could feel."

"But I don't know you."

The stranger sat on the bed rim and looked in Kyungsoos face. The boy couldn't see the face of the man but he didn't mind. The man leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

"Do you want to remember?", he asked in a silent whisper.

Kyungsoo nodded. He wanted to remember. He didn't know why he forgot something obviously important to him but he really wanted to remember everything.

"Make me remember.", he whispered against the mans chest. A cold hand gripped his hair and pulled his head away from the broad chest in front of him. Kyungsoo closed his eyes, he didn't know what was going to happen to him now. 

Something cold and soft touched his lips and when Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he saw the darkness of the hood in front of him. So he must have a human face if he was capable of kissing him so passionately yet so soft and loving. Kyungsoo felt a bit dizzy at the touch when his memories returned, he smiled as he exactly knew who was the one kissing him here. 

Death took his first kiss and he was happy about that. He smiled softly against the lips on his own and wrapped his weak arms around the neck of the only person he wanted to spend his life with. 

He felt the arms around him tightening when he kissed back and after a felt eternity, they parted, Kyungsoo panting against Jongins lips with a smile decorating his milky white face, the kiss wasn't long enough for his taste.

His memories had returned and he looked up in the dark hood.

"I remember you.", he whispered.

"I came before somebody else took your heart."

"Why should somebody else take my heart when I left it in the between-world?"

Jongin chuckled and drove with his hand over Kyungsoos hair. He raised his hands and grabbed the hood, pulling it down slowly.

"Wait.", Kyungsoo said, stopping him before the boy could see anything. "Is it alright? I mean, you told me you aren't allowed."

"It's alright. I left the between-world. I have a replacement and the high council let me go. I am allowed to be with you, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo smiled and wrapped his fingers around Jongins wrists, pulling the hood down together. Kyungsoo looked in those dark eyes with bags under them, the well defined eye brows and the perfectly fitting nose. The plump lips he felt on his own a few seconds ago were the most beautiful he ever had seen. He stared in awe and the other smiled at him. The most perfect smile Kyungsoo had ever seen. 

"How can somebody so beautiful play the role of the Death?"

Jongin chuckled and pecked Kyungsoos nose before pulling him in his arms again.

"I don't know. But let's start a life together. Let me show you how beautiful life can be."

"Okay."

"Kyungsoo?"

"Yes?"

"Happy birthday."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Okay, this was it. 

I hope you liked it at least a bit.

If this wasn't what you were expecting, then I am sorry.

Thank you for reading!

And please comment if you liked it okay?

Bye bye~