1: Expectations.

Not their fault.

Daehyun winces as the coach goes down extra hard on Jun Hong for missing another step. Daehyun knew that Junhong wasn't focusing well, what's with everything happening at home and his sleep paralysis that recently resurfaced. Not to mention the constant headache and cold beating down on the younger. Daehyun longed to wrap the younger in blankets and hot watter bottles, give him just 24 hours of snuggling on his bed, sleeping soundly and having an actual proper meal to suit his tall frame. Not takeouts or processed cookies from 7-eleven. Just.... hot soup and kind pat on the head. 

"God, Zelo, focus won't you, goddamnit." Yongguk voices, a silent sword piercing into Junhong's open throat, feeling guilty and pissed off all at the same time. Junhong ducks his head, nodding as the atmosphere gets colder in tension. Yongguk sighs and throws a glance at the coach, who clears his throat and motions everyone to begin all over again. Everyone's tired, damn it, Yongguk thinks, overworked to the bone and stressed. Yongguk himselves has everyone barking down his throat the moment anyone here makes a mistake, so he's pretty damn sure he's allowed to scold Junhong. All the same, Yongguk feels guilt prick at his throat. He knows Junhong has circumstances and his lack of concentration was pretty justified. Still, Yongguk doesn't let that frown ease as Junhong almost made another mistake. He sees Jongup shoot him a worried look and sighs. The earlier that this was over, the better. Yongguk was this close from pulling his hair out in stress. Get all the members into bed and then plop into stress-less dreamland himself, he muses, glancing at the clock. 3AM. 

When dance practice ended, Youngjae kisses Junhong on his cheek, like how he normally does, ignoring the bitter sweat trailing down the younger's face. Junhong sighs, biting his lips as he stands there. It was Youngjae's way of comforting him, when he has nothing to say. Rightfully, of course,  since it was really his mistake and nothing else. Youngjae sees the younger pondering at the entrance and sighs. He knows Junhong was pondering about whether to head straight off to bed or stay on to practice somemore. 

"It's 3.30AM, Junhongie. Just go to bed." Youngjae says, and leads Junhong from the door. He feels Junhong tremble silently, shaking his head, "no". Later,  he pretends not to hear the silent sniffles as Junhong buries himself in his embrace, before extracting himself and locking himself in the dance studio. Youngjae parts his lips in protest, but Jongup places a hand on Junhong's shoulder as he passes, and everyone stares silently at the closed door, too mentally exhausted to argue. 

They all know Junhong needs this for himself, anyway. 

So it's not really their fault that Junhong practices himself to the bone, comes home with shaking legs and tired arms. 

It's not their fault that Junhong tells them that he's okay, that he performs every single move with flawless perfection and boundless energy, that he greets them smiling but still upset when he reads those negative little comments online, still afraid when he makes a single mistake. 

It's only human. 

It's not their fault that Junhong shuts them out, hugging his knees to his chest in the dark practice studio and just -cries, blood from his cuts on his thighs mixing and dripping onto the floor. 

It's not their fault that he went mad.