Final

Crooked

An almost empty bottle of vodka shattered as it hit the smooth stone wall. Alcohol flowed down the walls and created a clear puddle on the cold hard floor. Seunghoon glared at the girl who hadn’t moved an inch. He hated how she looked at him without flinching. He despised how she was so sure that he wouldn’t hurt her. He wanted to scream at her for coming back when she knew well enough that staying with him was nothing but trouble. He wanted to take her knowing that she was the only one who understand his ways and still stayed by his side.

His grip was firm and she couldn’t escape his presence. The gaze that was once warm and tender was now cold and hard. He growled quietly as he pushed her against the wall. She wasn’t scared but she was anxious. She knew what would happen next. As she searched his eyes, his grip around her slim wrists tightened. This wasn’t the way he wanted to do things but she left him no choice. Seunghoon leaned in menacingly and prepared to give her the short and simple speech he had prepared. But before he could open his mouth, before he could finish preparing mentally, she leaned forward, gently pressing her soft lips on his just-as-soft lips. His eyes naturally widened at the unexpected gesture of affection. His eyes met in the middle as he stared at her. His heart of iron melted slowly as he continued to trace over her facial features. He loved the way her eyes were closed, exposing her long eyelashes. His eyes closed eventually and his hands slowly found their way to the small of her back and the back of her neck.

When she pulled away, he sighed in discontent. But her words made up for it all, “I can’t live without you.” Seunghoon’s heart beat erratically. He wanted to hear it again, for years on end. He knew that the years of chasing after her had been worth it for it made her confession taste sweeter. The years of rejection and excuses had been nothing but a game. And just as he believed he could unwind, he crashed from his high, “But I think it’s best if we die slowly than live in constant fear.” He could have sworn his heart had skipped a beat or two.

He pushed himself off of her and stared at her. She looked at him seriously, “This is what you wanted. You wanted me and yet at the same time you wanted me to stay the hell away from you. You have me for tonight and then, I’ll be gone.” Seunghoon stood frozen in his place as she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck. She made sure her lips left their mark on his lips, his jawline, his neck. He stood still as she peeled off his leather jacket. He closed his eyes and roughly pushed her against the wall again. He was determined to change her mind. He would show her that he wanted her to stay more than he wanted her to stay away.

He grabbed her by her waist and lifted her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist. As he took them to his bedroom, their lips never once left the others. Seunghoon lied her down on his large grey bed and took off his white cotton shirt and threw it on the ground. He helped her take her sweater off. She shivered as her body made contact with the frigid air. But Seunghoon warmed her up with his body heat. The two didn’t stop. Seunghoon made sure just how much he wanted her all throughout those0 years.

As they came down from their high, he lied beside her, his arm draped onto the curve of her waist. He buried his face into her neck as he spooned her. “Stay with me. I love you.” His whispers sounded so desperate. He was practically begging her. But she didn’t listen. She ignored his pleas and sat up in his bed. Without uttering a word, she got up and put her clothes back on. As she reached the doorway, she stopped and looked barely looked over her shoulder “I don’t want to have to deal with you going back on your word. Don’t ever come looking for me.”

Seunghoon closed his eyes and regretfully just listened to her walk out of his door and out of his life. He leaned against his head board and sighed. His hand reached for a cigarette. As he bit down on the of it, he bitterly lit it up and took a drag.

///

The bouncer roughly pushed him back. Seunghoon scoffed and began cursing at the burly man in black. He used obscene gestures to show his discontent before unstably walking away from the club. He swayed side to side as the alcohol inhibited his ability to think and act. He slurred his words as he cursed at the girl who had left him the months ago.

He hadn’t changed his mind. He still wanted her by his side. He wanted her to treat his wounds after getting into random fights. He wanted her to hold his hand they walked down the street. He wanted to see her smile at him like nothing in the world mattered. But he couldn’t because he had pushed her away every time she attempted to get close to him. She began to become distant as he hurt her. And in the end, he ended up pushing her away for good.

“Sure, we can go back to my place for some coffee.” Although Seunghoon couldn’t control his actions, he was able to recognize the owner of that sweet voice. He looked around and spotted the girl he had been craving with another man. She looked happy as she linked arms with him. The guy looked kind and gentle. Seunghoon’s heart became engulfed in flames as he watched stranger smile down at the only girl who he ever loved and cared for. As they walked away, Seunghoon approached them from behind. He grabbed the young man by the shoulder and whirled him around. Before anyone could register what was going on, Seunghoon swung his fist and hit the innocent guy square in the jaw. The poor young man fell to the ground and Seunghoon straddled him and continued to beat him.

He could hear her screaming to get off of the other guy. He could hear her telling him to leave the stranger alone. Soon enough she was able to pull Seunghoon off of her wounded date. She glared at Seunghoon “You need to understand that you pushed me away. You didn’t want to be with you so I did you a favor and left. Leave me alone and just stay out of my life.” Seunghoon clenched his fists and walked away as the couple did the same.

He wasn’t quite sure where he was going but he didn’t stop walking until the alcohol wore off. When he was fully aware of his surroundings, he had realized what he had done. He stopped walking and bitterly cursed at himself. He grew angry and punched an innocent brick wall. When had she stopped loving him? When had she stopped caring? Why couldn’t she realize that he was in love with her? Seunghoon roared into the night sky and crookedly made his way home, broken and sadly in love with her.

---

The End.

I'm sorry it was so horrible.