The Only Way

The Only Way
Please log in to read the full chapter

Shizuka Ono was just your typical average Japanese 1st grade high school student. Approximately five foot three (160 cm) in height some what short for a girl her age but nothing special. She liked to grow her hair out mainly because when she wanted sleep in class she'd just move her fringe on top of her eyes. Her classmates called Sadako, and her pale skin didn't help much in the nickname going away. She didn't mind because she loved those Japanese horror films. She had a small group of friends, they weren't the most popular kids but Shizuka didn't mind. She liked not being the center of attention. Her best friend Jyuri was on the volleyball team that year, which meant they couldn't spent time after school like they used to do in junior high. Shizuka didn't like it at all, especially when Jyuri got a boyfriend which meant even less time they could spend together. Shizuka started to become anti-social, sometimes not even coming to school. Her parents didn't do anything about it because they were busy working day and night,but they tried their best to talk to their only child. However Shizuka didn't like having intiment talks with her parents, she only told Jyuri about her problems. The only way Shizuka could talk to Jyuri was on Facebook but even so Jyuri barely responded to Shizuka's messages.

"Great....not evem on Facebook she'd talk to me. Do I even mean anything to her anymore ever since she got that boyfriend?!"

Shizuka went way from her desktop, and laid onto her bed, thinking

"Wait, why am I doing this...I know I have more friends at school besides Jyuri like....."

Shizuka thought of people she considered friends, but then remembered how they treated her horrible then acted as if it wasn't meant to hurt her feelings. Tears began running down her round cheeks, then quickly wiped them off her face and decided to watch what made her happy when nobody could, which was K-Pop videos. She countinously watched SNSD music and variety show videos. Her favourite member was Jessica Jung, she adored Jessica she tried her best to look like Jessica except in her own way which meant she'd keep her original hair color, and tended to wear a surgeon mask to cover her teeth because her 'best friend' gave her the nickname 'Bunny Mouth' She absolutely hated it, but told Jyuri she didn't care about the name. After a marathon of SNSD, Shizuka started to get sleepy, mainly because she didn't eat at all during the day and her body didn't have enough energy to keep her awake for a long time. When she woke she saw a figure on her desk chair playing on the computer. Shizuka blinked hard 3 times, then rubbed her eyes.

"Who are you?!" Shizuka yelled at the figure.

"It's about time you woke up, good afternoon!"

"Answer my question who are you?!"

The figure gasped then the chair rotated towards Shizuka,

"It's me Jessica!"

Shizuka couldn't believe what was in front of her. 

"Am I dreaming?! This has to be a dream because how the hell can Jessica Jung be in my room in Kamata!"

"Well." Jessica got up from the chair and walked towards Shizuka.

Shizuka didn't move because she was in shock.
 

"Allow me to pinch you, to prove you're not sleeping."

"ok..."

Jessica gently pinched Shizuka's arm.
 

"See this isn't a dream."

Shizuka could not believe what just happened.

"So...Jessica....how did you come into my home?"

"You invited me."

"I did...when..?"

"Last night when you kept thinking about having a true friend, I had this feeling in my heart to come to be your true best friend!" Jessica said with a huge smile showing off her perfect white teeth. Shizuka had a tiny smile.

"There you go Shizuka, keep smiling I love your smile!"

Shizuka hugged Jessica without warning, and said into her chest, 

"Thanks for being my only friend, promise me you won't leave me for anything."

"Oh of course not, that's why I'm her for! Now let's talk about your return to school."

The next day after half a month, Shizuka reutnred to school. She brought a doll to school whihc resembled Jessica. None of her classmates noticed she was gone for half a month, since she was always quiet in the center of the room. After school she decided to go watch Jyuri's volleyball game, when the game ended Shizuka tried to talk to Jyuri but her boyfriend got in the way.

"It's always going to be like this...if you like it or not."

Shziuka heard this but didn't know where it came from.

"Down here, it's me Jessica." 

Shizuka looked down at the doll.

"How are you talking from down there?!"

"That's not immportant right now, the thing that matters the most is that your so called best friend forgot abou

Please log in to read the full chapter