New House

New House

“Three hundred and sixty five… hmmm what a unique title for a song.” Soeun slouching her body on the sofa while trying to catch her breath. Junho just moving into a new house and she was helping him arranging his stuffs when he told her about his new song. Moving into a new house was so tiring but it was joyful because she’s happy to be with him.

“Right? I actually wrote that song for you. Well most of my songs are dedicated to you so I guess it’s nothing new.” Junho joined and sat beside her.

“But why don’t you let me hear the song first like your other masterpieces. You always showed the raw version to me before you recorded it in the studio.”

“It’s a surprise for you. Although the song will be in Japanese, I’ve specially recorded the Korean version for you. When we release the song, you will receive the Korean version directly into your mail.”

“Really? My boyfriend is so daebak!” Soeun s her arms on his shoulder and gently caressing the back of his head as she complimented him.

“Of course! I might not be an obedient-wife-like-boyfriend who doesn’t know how to be cheesy but all the melody and lyrics for my songs are solely for you my love.”

“You melted me with your own ways and it’s enough to make me happy. So, what 365 is all about?”

“About our journey, about how you changed my life in these 365 days we are together.”

“Aren’t we’re together for more than 365 days?”

“Yes but the thought that we successfully endured each other for the first year is the sign that we can face whatever challenge ahead of us in the future.”

“Endured each other? Yah Lee Junho, you sounded like you are force to stay with me.”

“Aren’t you curious why and how we managed to hold our relationship all this while? I mean, look at me. I’m a stubborn-moody-ambitious guy with a very transparent bish face that not many can tolerate with me. I rarely have time for you, I can’t be by your side when you’re sick, I can’t always stay with you to comfort you when you’re feeling down.  If we’re talking about force, then it’s you who are being force to stay with me.  And your oh so perfect husband is the best comparison that I’m not the best man for you.  People are praying for you guys to stay together for 50 years and have a lot of babies. ”

“Why are you always dissing yourself? You kept mentioning your flaws while your strengths are much more visible to me. Nobody in their right mind will let their own girlfriend having an intimate skinship with another guy for the name of work. You support me because you know that this show can bring so much popularity to me. I know deep inside your heart you’re screaming in jealousy but you never tell me to stop.”

“Coz I love you. This is my love song for you, listen to my love song. This is for you and for all the things I can’t express with words. This song’s for you. My trust will never change, this moment will never stop. Lean on me, I love you (you) you (you) you so into you.”  Junho sang part of the lyrics from ‘Love Song’ that he wrote solely for her.

Soeun lean her head on his shoulder and he automatically grazing his lips on top of her head.  “I really love it when you serenade me with your own song, your own music, and your own lyrics. Your voice is my vitamin to keep me energise.”

“Awww cheesy Song Soeun makes my fingers curling.” Junho exaggerated the detest look on his face and curled all his fingers that make Soeun laughing wholeheartedly. He smiled while gazing at her with a loving eyesmile. Then his wide smile slowly shrinking as his hand travel to find hers and he laced their fingers together. “It’s true that I’m so jealous at your husband. At first I’m jealous because his uncontrollable hands always find its way to land on your body. Then I realised that I’m more jealous at his ability to treat you like a queen. I’m jealous at his attentiveness at you, jealous at his dedicative effort to grant your wish and I’m jealous at the realisation that this man has so much perfection compared to me.  I can’t help to feel sorry at you because you meet me first.”

Soeun’s happy face died down immediately and turned serious. “I believe in destiny and fate. I believe that my destiny is you. Perfections and imperfections are just accessories in life. The most important thing is how my heart recognised that you are my other half. If human only chasing for perfection to fall in love, I’m sure human race will extinct because nobody is perfect.”    

Junho pulled their interlacing hand that pulled together Soeun’s body closer to him. He gently kissed her lips and she reciprocated with the same pace. It’s slow and steady, unlike the hungry and passionate kisses they had the night before. They took some time until the needs of air became more important. Junho rested his forehead on hers while tried to steady his breathing. “I love you” he managed to say those sacred words in between his wild breathing.

 “I love you too.”

“I have a present for you.” Junho took a pen on the coffee table and grabbed her hand. He scribbled something on her palm.

“Yah! Why can’t you write it on paper?” Soeun started to feel annoyed while looking at her hand.

“It’s my house’s password number and I write it there so you can remember easily.”

“How can I forgetting my own birthday??” Her voice rose a little bit.

Junho lost his word. He just realise his own silliness but refused to let her win “Why are you raising you voice at me? Is it a crime to leave a mark on your palm? I put your birthday as my house password! Shouldn’t you be happy?”

“You’re writing it with a permanent marker! Don’t you know how hard to clean it later?”

“Just use an acetone!”

“Acetone will dry my skin!”

“Then put some Vaseline!”

“Okay let stop now.” Soeun raised her hands to surrender. She knew him inside out so arguing with Lee Junho can took hours if she didn’t let it go first. “We barely can see each other so I don’t want to waste our precious time together with arguing with you over silly things.”

“But I love it because your annoying face is so cute.” Junho laugh a little when Soeun shot him a deadly glare. “Okay okay, back to my house’s password, I put your birthday because my house is your house too. Are you forgetting that we’re already launching our sanctuary last night? On my futon because the bed is not arrive yet.” He lifted his eyebrow to .  

“Shut up! I’m going to cook kimchi fried rice. Do you want to help me or not?” Soeun smoothly changed the subject while walking towards the kitchen.

“Of course!” and he followed her closely like a lost puppy.