Chapter 42 - Helping Hand

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I will leave earlier today, you can go back with Taemin.” Kyungsoo said as he stood up from his seat.

Jongin looked up from the documents he were sorting, eyebrows slightly furrowed to a frown.

It’s been a few days that Kyungsoo been acting like this. He would spend most of his times with Minah and leaving Jongin alone in the apartment.

It weirdly made Jongin sad.

“I will return late, you don’t have to wait for me.” Kyungsoo continued as he put on his coat.

Jongin averted his gaze down and let out a half heartedly hum as a response for Kyungsoo’s words.

Kyungsoo fixed his appearance on the mirror next to his working desk before walked straight toward the private lift inside the office.

“Ah, you.” Kyungsoo said once he had stood up inside the lift.

Jongin lifted his head to see Kyungsoo, waited for the other.

“Don’t forget to eat dinner.” Kyungsoo said flatly before the door of the lift really closed.

Jongin could feel something moved inside his stomach when he heard that. He kept on watching as the lift slowly went down.

The tanned boy’s face flushed a little before he pinned his gaze back to the papers.

He cursed when he felt his heartbeat quickened, and he desperately ruffled the papers to let out of his frustration. Recently his heart hasn’t been doing okay whenever he sees Kyungsoo.

It skips a beat.

It doesn’t stay rigid.

It’s not normal.

Jongin buried his face between the papers and shook his head. “Nooo, what happened to me…”

Just as he was practically dived underneath the papers, the front door being pushed open and Taemin entered the room. He paused and looked at Jongin weirdly.

“…what are you doing?”

He asked with a soft voice, but it’s enough to startle Jongin and made him jumped on his place.

“T-taemin,” Jongin groggily said as he straightened his body and quickly rearranged the messy papers. “N-nothing, really. I am just… like… feeling sleepy.”

Taemin rose his eyebrow before nodded. “Well… I am about to take you out for dinner but since you are sleepy…”

“Dinner?” Jongin’s ears perked up when he heard Taemin’s words, then immediately shook his head. “Well, I am down for it! Let’s go for dinner! Let’s eat together!”

Taemin got confused when he saw how weirdly excited Jongin was. “A-alright.”

Jongin huffed and laid his head on the table.

Staying in Kyungsoo’s apartment alone would make him feel even more miserable after all.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

STAB!

Jongin stabbed the tteokbokki inside his plate with such a force, making Taemin looked at him with confused expression.

“…a-are you okay?” The almond haired male asked hesitantly. “You… kinda looked bad since this morning.”

“I am not okay.” Jongin replied before shaking his head. “I am not okay at all, and I am so not understand why I am not okay at all.”

Taemin cringed as he tilted his head to the right, didn’t really understand Jongin’s answer.

Jongin shoved the tteokbokki to his mouth and chewed angrily.

“Boss goes out a lot these past days. Where does he go?” Taemin asked, tried to avert their conversation to other topic. Little did he know he just rubbed a salt on the wound Jongin had.

“Date.” Jongin answered shortly before stabbed more of the tteokbokki. “With Minah-ssi.”

“M-mi…?” Taemin widened his eyes in surprise. The pretty boy looked away for a while and frowned, before turned back to look at Jongin. “…always? Like, with Minah as always?”

Jongin slammed the chopsticks on the table. “You had no idea what he said to me a few days ago!”

Taemin frowned again. “What did he say?”

“He said…” Jongin bit his lower lip as the unknown choke rose from the pit of his stomach up to his throat. “…he would… get serious with Minah…”

Taemin gasped in pure disbelief and shook his head. “No way.”

“It is.” Jongin said before ran his hand throughout his hair. “That’s why he’s been abandoning me these days.”

Taemin nodded slowly, before furrowed his eyebrows. “…is that why you’ve been getting annoyed?”

Jonginfroze when he heard the question. “Eh?”

“Now I know!” Taemin said before pointed at Jongin. “So you’ve been putting that scary bad mood face because of it! Are you jealous?”

“Jeal-,” Jongin almost got choked by the half bitten tteokbokki inside his mouth. “No!!”

“Ah, really?” Taemin teased while pointing his fork at Jongin and twisted it around. He wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

Jongin shook his head as hard as he could. “I don’t! I mean, I-, I am just annoyed. Why, like why he should lock me inside the house? A-am I some kind like a… a puppy??”

Taemin just smiled. He definitely didn’t buy Jongin’swords. He chewed on his tteokbokki while looking at Jongin with an annoying face.

Jongin grabbed his tea and gulped it down to flush down the hotness creeping on his cheeks. “I am telling you once again, I am not jealous!”

“Okay, okay.” Taemin rose both of his hands. “I got it. You are not jealous.”

Jongin huffed and looked down to finish more of his tteokbokki.

“Well let’s say you are… being possessive.” Taemin continued.

“I AM NOT.” Jongin cried out as he slammed the fork again on the table, earning a loud laugh from Taemin.

“Fine, okay okay. I’m sorry, forgive me.” Taemin said between his laugh before supported his cheek with his right hand. “But you know, you don’t have to worry. As far as I remember boss is never serious with Minah.”

“That’s the problem,”Jongin sighed. “He’s serious now.”

Taemin frowned when he heard it. He was pretty sure just a few days ago Kyungsoo told him he’s about to call off his relationship with Minah. Why all of sudden it turned out this way?

But he knows Kyungsoo, a little even more than Kyungsoo knows himself, so he just shrugged.

“…so this is the problem for you.” He continued to tease Jongin again, and Jongin almost thrown him a tissue box.

“It’s not that I have problem with it. I am totally okay with it. It just…” Jongin paused. His brain started to think, about the tight feeling he felt on his heart recently. “…nothing.”

Taemin smiled when he heard that, then extended his hand to ruffle Jongin’s hair. “Don’t worry, things are not always as it seems. Maybe boss just being nice to Minah, because she has just been hospitalized.”

“You don’t understand.” Jongin shook his head. Frustration bubbled inside him and for the up tenth time he felt found that feeling ridiculous. “He said it to me, he would get serious.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter