purple hyacinth

speak to me through flowers

 

purple hyacinth; i'm sorry, please forgive me

 

word count: 3.5 k

a/n: i'm losing my touch but please enjoy!!!!!

 


jimin enters his house and searches for the box inside the closet, letting in new papers inside, maybe that's good, for his heart. who knows. it's not like he keeps anyone out, he lets anyone in. somehow for that simple fact, he knows he's getting better, well not in everything, just somehow.

he pets dooly and leaves food for him. he has to go to his job already so he finishes eating fast and doesn't forget to leave dooly a kiss on the forehead, in which dooly lets out a bark.

walking to the shop, he felt a pang in his chest that made him think, was i too early? not like he was hoping to have another letter or such- no he just thought- ugh maybe- you know- things. so he heads inside, surprised to see yoongi so early.

"good morning yoongi! is today something special?", jimin doesn't hear his words but he grumbles about a guy he met yesterday. yoongi knows jimin can't understand so he goes to pat at jimin's head and makes a mess of it while he continues to ramble about some man.

jimin smiles, "you pretty much know i can't hear, right?", yoongi looks at him and jimin's smile is endearing and true to his words, "but thank you". there's this big thing or feeling he always thought of yoongi, yoongi is either a brother or a father to him, the loving type he never knew or ever had. he slids a high five to yoongi before he heads to his workplace.

there maybe more beautiful things than these flowers he's taking care of.

 

 

 

jungkook had entered the coffee shop quite late as seokjin calculates. approximately one and a half hour he should've entered plus the look on his face tells seokjin there's something that happened, what's there not to notice when he's got his sketch book today, mysteriously. "what's up?", seokjin eyes jungkook as he enter.

slumping on his usual seat, he buries his face with his hands, "everything", "how the -", hoseok besides him makes a face. is this kid high or something, "save my ing heart on cloud nine".

"just what exactly happened?", seokjin who is now brewing jungkook's hot chocolate asks. "i think i'm ing good at flirting", hoseok snorts. "young man one more cuss word or i'm telling your mom", hoseok jokingly reaches out for the phone .

laughing, jungkook laid his head down, "hah, she passed this on to me", hoseok snorts again and smirks, "or maybe share about your ing good flirting skills to her". aggresively, jungkook shoved hoseok's smirk away, "ugh no, she won't keep quiet, for like, forever".

seokjin sets the hot chocolate at his table as hoseok offers his help for another customer. "now, spill", seokjin cooes as he sits across jungkook.

"what? the hot chocolate? sure but-", "i put my hardwork there how could you just- anyway", seokjin lets out a breath and calmly makes himself comfortable on his seat. "tell the glorious details of your ing good flirting skills", hoseok snorts from the coffee maker yeah, tell, even making the customer laugh a bit.

it was seokjin's talent, observing. and that movement of jungkook's eye to look at other places could tell that jungkook is embarrased. but with a tint on his cheek would tell it's probably none other than, "jimin?". yep, jungkook looked a bit too excited somehow and his wide eyes that looked straight at him, "what?", his voice was even in a higher pitch. something good probably happened.

"judging from the way you just blushed, yes it is about him huh", seokjin smirks but his voice was calm just to let jungkook to spill it out. "judging from the time you're supposed to working and not wasting some self-proclaimed free time", jungkook just had to jump out of the subject. he thinks this is where seokjin stands and calls him a brat and gets back to work so that he don't have to be bothering jungkook's thoughts.

but he hums like this is seokjin going to definitely-and-absolutely bother-your-thoughts-. "new recruits, two of them are working and you haven't even noticed, something was up so spill", jungkook snorts and turn to the two new workers. liar, they're not even new. "yup yup liar, i know, spill", and jungkook spills.

talks about a creeping dog which had helped their fateful encounter. and how jimin seemed to have some head to head battle with the dog about their cuteness, which jungkook silently let him win, for friendship purposes. just who could resist his sweet and kind heart? plus some kind of cherry on top cuteness, for free? shares about how he used to hate papers because of his teachers yet he started to love this as their modern communication tool plus he brought his sketch book, you know, stuff like that. spills about how smooth of a person he is to win some drawing dat- time with jimin. and how jimin smoothly said that sort of pick up line but not so pick up line, but a jungkook pick up heart.

seokjin hums and pats his head, "here's taehyung, good luck kid", jungkook looks up in confusion. as taehyung enters the shop, bubbly as ever, "you sure are a creepy hyung", and seokjin pinches him before he gets back to work. taehyung takes the seat where seokjin used to be and he looks at jungkook seriously as if he'll reveal a top secret, "i think i like mario kart", he whispers silently.

shocked, jungkook just kept looking at him with wide eyes until it made sense. he laughed so hard that taehyung made an offended face, "i'm sorry but please don't date a creepy hyung", making the creepy hyung louder enough for seokjin to hear. and said creepy hyung snorts at his workplace.

"who's creepy hyung?", taehyung asks, dumbfounded. "he's our one and only bitter as his coffee hyung", jungkook smirks and adds a yay to the end. seokjin makes a noise that can be heard as brat and taehyung looks like he's saving some thought for future purposes.

then taehyung took both the drinks and writes at it, quite decreased with his giddy excitement. and seokjin looks at him like he's a fragile ball of sunshine, when he is and jungkook finds that mesmerizing. mostly when taehyung finishes and seokjin stops staring to put the money in and taehyung's now the one admiring him like he's some kind of angel he can't touch.

they both look so disgustingly sweet with each other that jungkook wishes to puke but if jungkook would put it into words, he wishes things like that too (preferably with the cuter than the dog person)

and they head to jimin's work place. "why do you have your sketch book again?", and he explains, not without sweat on his hands. jungkook thought that visiting the shop again could lessen his nervousness but then it was still the same as ever, his hell and heaven feeling that he caught up too well to stomach. and he's giddy excitement or fright as he stays seated is so not in control.

plus taehyung's letter to him doesn't help either, 'fun fact: jimin is hella y without clothes but a cuddly baby in bed with his animal pattern pajamas *insert disgusting face because i can't draw it*'

"just how the hell did you get that, it's a goddamn date jeon jungkook!", taehyung squeals his heart out. "long story", jungkook blushes as he sips his own drink. "you should've told me! i could've changed what i wrote to you", nah, i liked it. taehyung tries to coo it out of him, but jungkook is shut as he find jimin enter the shop with a box in his hand.

jimin finds them and waves a hand at them and jungkook waves back too as jimin heads straight to yoongi to give the money. he heads to them next and pats taehyung at the shoulder, "hi, early delivery", and he smiles to jungkook, god.

jungkook smiles back and waves a hand to say hello. taehyung hands him his drink and jimin says thanks, smiling as he reads the words written. it didn't take him a long time to notice the sketch book in jungkook's hands and it went from him admiring his works and a blushing jungkook.

"let's go to my workplace!", jimin exclaims holding jungkook's arm up. and jungkook thinks he's melting because of his touch. but he complies and they enter his workplace not without taehyung teasing him a quiet good luck.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"hobi-ah? is there something bothering you?"

hoseok looked up and found seokjin staring at him. "ah hyung, well, nothing really", judging from seokjin's stare at him, he absolutely doesn't believe a single word. hoseok has been out of it ever since jungkook went out with taehyung to go to the flower shop, but seokjin can't quite pinpoint what actually happened that made hoseok all weird with such a bothered expression on his face.

clearly, it can't be that hoseok has feelings for jungkook, right? hoseok has never ever seen that boy as a man plus he doesn't even know basic flirting skills that hoseok is pretty into. "oh look who's bothered now", hoseok chuckles. "absolutely not me", he claims.

"seriously, just tell me what happened, you're harder to crack than jungkook", hoseok kept his mouth shut and lost his smile all of a sudden. seokjin leaves the counter for a bit and asked the other employee to take over. he fixes hoseok a vanilla bean latte and a black coffee for himself before he settles on their table. "you know", hoseok starts.

"i'd like some cake too"

"quit demanding, "

"why are you so bitter like your coffee? you should try to be as sweet as cake, tae won't like you like that"

"eugh"

 

 

 

jungkook, seokjin and hoseok went to the grave of hoseok's sister. it's been one year since she died but hoseok still remembers how beautiful her smile was. people would always compliment on his but her's was legendary, because to hoseok his little sister was his hero. his mother was kind and pretty and his father had the perfect humor and gifted them gifts all the time but his little sister was born with such a mesmerizing smile.

she was the only person hoseok still recognized as family, out of all their blood-related relatives, only she was the one who stood real to what family was. as early as five, hoseok lost his parents to a car crash, typical death of problematic drunk drivers. his sister was just two years old, not a care in the world, she never realized that she lost the most important people in her life. but to hoseok, it was tragic and he couldn't function after hearing the news. his little hero held his hand and said "mama and papa are sleeping soundly, we shouldn't bother them oppa."

hoseok cried because he couldn't understand why his little sister would say that, "mama, papa and i like to see you smile! so maybe if you smile, they'll wake up! but they haven't been sleeping well lately so they should be sleeping well right now, so shush!", there, his little sister smiled while holding his hand. innocence, a child's innocence is such a beautiful thing.

but it didn't take long for her to be taken away too. hoseok and his little sister studied under their relative until hoseok turned fourteen, he had saved enough money and had taken the money their parents left for them to buy an apartment they could live in. they didn't want to give trouble to their relatives especially when their auntie verbally abuses her own children and the two of them. he looked for a convenient job and had befriended seokjin shortly after. he thought that they could live just like that, his sister went to school and had also worked as a writer for a publishing company.

they had enough money to suffice their food daily but hospital bills was out of their range. hoseok tries his best not to get sick, even a single cold could ruin the money that both of them had saved. seokjin would always be his hero in buying him medicines when he accidentally caught a fever from his co-worker, he hasn't forgotten to thank him always. but it wasn't cancer, the doctor said. he knows that no mosquito bit her but day by day she turned weak after each week of hoseok's visits. he'd given up all his money even if he know that there is no cure, all he wants was to see still see her smile. whenever hoseok had work, jungkook offered to take care of her.

she ate less, but she still smiled. because that was what hoseok wanted to see, and so she did even if she held hoseok's hands with bony fingers and weak, fragile hands. before she died in her sleep she told hoseok to smile more because that was what she and her parents wanted to see, "i'll be sleeping soundly like mama and papa." and hoseok cried just like that first time but even as tears made their way into his eyes he forced himself to smile as his little sister apologized and cried before going to sleep for the last time with hoseok holding her frail hand. it was the most heart-breaking moment of his life. hoseok didn't want to see his little sister cry.

innocent was what she is. and her diary, that hoseok found under the hospital bed proved it. she was a girl pure in heart, who was innocently in love with a man she called 'syub syub', she never hated the man when he rejected her, she still loved him, but who she loved most was her brother. her ever-kind-and-loving brother, who she swore to protect even if she was younger. she knew her parents died but she didn't want to add more tears in her brother's eyes, he was as fragile as her teddy bear that she left at their auntie's. she loved him because he never gave up on her, that even though the only thing she could do was smile and be happy, she felt like she had the power to rule the world with just that simple things. as much as her smile was legendary, her brother's was far more legendary and innocent as she could ever be.

 

hoseok would still cry when he remembers things like that. he could be teased as if he was a cry baby but he doesn't really care, because maybe he is. but he can't let the tears stop when he remembers that everyone important to him was long gone now.

jungkook always threw jokes at him to help him smile again and even awkward jokes comes out of seokjin's mouth. and he smiles because his little sister taught him that it's better to smile than to feel sad. plus jungkook and seokjin was around him so what's to feel sad about?

they've been here for an hour and hoseok looks at the his little sister's grave once again, and smiled as he glanced at his parents name. he might be sad and still wished that they were right next to him but things don't always work out that way for everyone. plus he should smile right? his parents and his little sister are probably looking out for him anyway (as creepy as it may sound)

"shall we go?", seokjin asks glancing at hoseok, he nods and starts cleaning up. jungkook is tired and takes his time to stretch his hands first before throwing away their trash. hoseok glances at the sunset before standing up to go home. seokjin heads to the cafe first to get some of his things and jungkook goes straight home but since hoseok uses the bus he waited for a bit by the bus station.

 

he takes a peek at the booth beside which collected tons of newspaper, and he recognizes one of the publishing companies there. 'oh, this was where she temporarily worked', he bought a copy and sat by the bench. he rummages for a pretty good article and he comes across one where a dead person was reported to have died from an unknown disease, and he laughs bitterly. he can't quite grasp reality. 'why do people have fun with these things' 'it's not even funny' 'why'. hoseok remembers his little sister, dying on the hospital bed, still smiling but dying. and he cries--

he presses the newspaper to his face but the people around could still notice his tears. 'a grown-up man crying by the bench is pretty pathetic, who would do that, ugh im such a baby'. and he sobs harder and practically stops thinking about the people around him this time because he knows that they're probably weirded out and are putted in an awkward position of helping a grown-up man to stop crying or ignoring something that would be called disgrace to humanity. the bus comes but hoseok doesn't notice it at all. by now, everyone is gone and he's all alone, so he sobs a bit hard again and throws the newspaper to the ground. his face can now be seen but he's got no care in the world. innocence, he thinks, nah.

 

and all of a sudden a handkerchief was shoved in front of his face. it's in pretty blue and white stripes but what the ? he looks at the man who offered the hanky to him, and oh god was the man cute but looks arrogant. "what?", hoseok asks and the man tells him to take it so he does. the man sits beside him in his all glory of black leather jacket and black leather pants with a black snap back that shows his cute forehead from all the gray hair he's got. 'is this man old? oh but i doubt it', hoseok wonders and stares at him from head to toe. the man seemed to notice and sent a glare towards hoseok. 'ah, he's quite cranky'.

"wipe your tears", the grumpy man says, or rather orders. "uh, yeah", hoseok does as he is told but apparently he also blows his nose for a bit. which was quite awkward because the hanky wasn't his and the grumpy man just looked at him in disbelief and hoseok looks down to atleast look a bit sorry for himself. "pathetic, you're a grown-up man why would you be crying out here?", hoseok grits his teeth. "well, sorry! i didn't ask for your opinion, plus you don't have to lend me a hand if you just wanted to insult me"

well true to say, he is pathetic, he thought so himself at first and what ever he said right now is also pretty pathetic to a person who just helped him out. so hoseok was kind of sweating right now. and a moment of silence suddenly erupts between them, hoseok didn't mean to steal a glance at the man but his face looked quite sincere or rather serious.

"sorry", came out of the man's mouth and hoseok was quite taken aback, since he should be saying that too, "i shouldn't have said that"

"well, yeah, i still am pretty pathetic for crying out here, so you're not entirely wrong", hoseok chuckles and the man laughs along but god, was the man cute and smelled good like flowers. hoseok would probably admit that it's weird talking to strangers and though his parents never exactly warned him about that, the grumpy man is actually pretty nice, heck the man was actually pretty and his laugh too. (oh god even the way he smelled was great) (even better than jungkookie)

"anyway thank you", hoseok said and looked at the man. the man looked back at him and smiled and hoseok couldn't hide the blush that was creeping up his neck. the man looks up, "oh, the bus is here", hoseok looks at the bus and nods, "let's go?", the man lets out a laugh and turns away to another direction. "you're not getting in?", hoseok shouts and the man shakes his head to say no. and hoseok felt shy all of a sudden.

'i didn't even get his name', hoseok thinks. and he noticed the newspaper he threw on the ground and remembered his little sister again, he smiled, 'it wouldn't hurt to come back a bit to check right?'

 

he heads back to his little sister's grave and noticed something different, he spots a purple colored flower and a little paper by the side. he opens it and reads the words, "i am sorry, please forgive me? who would--", hoseok looks around but nobody can be spotted around.

 

why?

 

 

 

"hmmm", seokjin pretended to think. "so that's what's bothering you huh?", hoseok nods and sighs deeply, "i don't have a clue on who would say sorry to my sister, though", seokjin drinks his last bit of coffee and suggests, "maybe syub syub?", hoseok glances at him and takes another bite of the cake, "you speak like as if you know him", seokjin laughs, "well, i sure as hell know him better than that guy you said who waited for you by the bus station", hoseok clearly turns beet red and drops his spoon.

"shut up!", hoseok shouts.

"aw cutie"


i made hobi cry i feel so ing bad wtf

anyway yes it's actually sunday in the morning and i am very sorry because i wasnt able to update on saturday anyway here you go! i tried to upload as fast as i could but the internet just came back right now that's why so anyway i hope you guys would enjoy this once again bye! i have to go get some sleep :(((((((