Never Get Sick

Never Get Sick

It was a warm sunny morning. I headed out to my garden and had my breakfast while I waited for Donghae, my closest, dearest, forever friend. I was just about to have my first bite when-------

"Eunhyuk! your dog is out of control!" Donghae called out.

I smiled. I just felt glad to hear his voice....a voice that always brought cheerfulness and happiness. I stood up and turned at them. In fact, Donghae was really having trouble. Choco was circling around him and barking.

"Choco!" I snapped my fingers and thank god Choco clamed down and ran up to me. "Good boy...."

"Ah... Oh Eunhyuk! I got some jigsaw puzzles here! Let's sort them out!" Donghae told me.

"Yeah sure".

I had my breakfast quickly then we worked on sorting the pieces. After some while, we were finally done!

"Wow!". It was just amazing. It was a picture of a christmas night scene.

Donghae smiled at me. "You like it?"

"Yeah..." I nodded. Then, my eyes caught on a kite flying in the sky some distance away.

"Donghae ! Look! there's a kite over there!" I pointed out to him.

Donghae looked at the direction I pointed. He glanced back at me, who was looking at the kite. He understood that I wanted to fly a kite. He grabbed my hands. "Let's go!"

"Go where?" I asked having not a slightest idea what Donghae was going to say.

"Hyukkie, let's go fly a kite!" he told me.

So, later that day, we had a fantastic time flying kites.

"Ah..." I lied down on the soft grass and looked into the clear blue sky. Donghae lied down close beside me. Unknowingly, I fell asleep beside Donghae and I began to dream about the first time we met each other, 3 years ago...

 

(3 years ago)...

It was the day, I had to perform, infront of all the VIP guests. Both excited and nervous, I entered the grand lobby of the 5 star hotel, which was currently packed with students, guests, performers and families. I needed to head to the waiting room but I had no idea where it was so I decided to ask the receptionist instead.

"Oh, the waiting room? It's at the 3rd floor on the left," she told me.

I thanked her and made my way to the waiting room. Upon arriving, I managed to find a spot to put my belongings down and I practised my performance thouroughly but still, I still didn't have confident in myself. I felt stressed and the stress was killing me.

"All performers, please proceed to the backstage now!"

There was no  more time, I had no choice but to make my way to the backstage. I sat down on a chair at backstage and buried my head low. Then, I heard footsteps-----footsteps approaching towards me.

"Never get sick, you'll be fine," someone said to me. I looked up at who it was. I didn't really know him but I was captivated by his words, immediately. I was lost in my own thoughts and it was only after a few minutes that I realised I forgot to thank him. He was still standing in front of me. "Um...thanks..." I muttered. He turned and smiled at me then he disappeared through the crowd of students...

I waited until I was called sometime later.

"Now, Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome Lee Hyuk Jae on stage!" the emcee announced. An applause followed.

I stood up and looked at where the young guy was. I saw him, he saw me too and he gave me an encouraging smile. I immediately gained confidence and breathed in heavily. I walked out onto stage and stood in the centre of the stage. I closed my eyes.

"You can do this, Hyukjae..."

Never get sick, you'll be just fine...forget those worries. These words flashed through my mind. I gathered up courage and the next thing, I began performing.

At last,

"Hyukjae, it's over now, you did it!" I told myself, relieved. I bowed deeply to the audience and I was glad to hear a thunderous applause.

"Thank you!" I bowed again once more and left the stage.

I arrived at the backstage in a celebrity mood. The young guy walked towards me and unexpectedly gave me a hug.

"You did great! It was amazing! I told you so, never get sick~ no worries~" he said.

"Awww....thank you sooooooo much," I was so thankful to him. Then, I wondered what his name was.

"Um...may I know what's your name?" I asked politely.

The young guy laughed. "Donghae. What's your name?"

"Call me Eunhyuk," I told him.

"Eunhyuk...Eunhyuk...Eunhyuk.." Donghae repeated it several times. Then he seemed to remember something. He reached out for a piece of paper in his pocket and wrote something on it. Then, he handed it to me. "Eunhyuk, here's my phone number and address".

Just at this moment, "Please welcome Lee Dong Hae!!!!"

Donghae pouted. "Oh no, I got to go..."

Donghae was about to leave for the stage. I called out to him, "Never get sick! Donghae! fighting!!!" He looked back at me and smiled. I smiled back.

**********************************

(6 months later...)

Time flies, as usual, I would hang out with Donghae in the mornings. It soon struck noon, we decided to come back to my house and play the guitar in the garden.

"Let's play this one," Donghae suggested.

I nodded in agreement. The next few hours, we sat under the shade, playing the guitar, composing music and singing.

Then, my mother came out and called me. She said it was something important. I excused myself from Donghae but he told me he had to get going and he'll see me the next day. I watched Donghae left, then I followed my mother into the house.

"Hyukjae, I am sorry but, I have to tell you this...We are leaving to London tomorrow." She told me.

I was speechless for a moment. "We will come back, won't we?" I asked.

But sadly, my mother shook her head. Upon hearing this, I began to sob. I don't wish to cry out. Donghae.....what about Donghae...I won't see him anymore?

My mother gave me a hug so as to comfort me but it won't work. It felt so heartbreaking to leave Donghae.

"Hyukjae, you have to pack your things now...we will be leaving tomorrow morning".

I nodded unwillingly and I headed upstairs to my room with a heavy heart. That night, I kept my things into my bag. While packing, I found some photos of me and Donghae in the drawer. My heart hurts, I tried to endure it. I kept the photos in a photo album and placed it into my bag. After sorting all those things, I  collapsed on bed. I thought about Donghae but it only made me felt worse. I reached out for my phone. I decided to text a message to Donghae and tell everything to him.

It was late night. I was sleepless and I felt really terrible. Donghae...I'll miss you... I looked blankly at the ceiling and prayed all night that we would meet again someday.

 

"Ring!!!!" The alarm clock greeted the day. I got up sleepily and turned off the alarm beside my bed. I looked around myself and realised that the balcony door was opened. For a moment, I imagined it was Donghae, standing outside. Curiously, I got up and walked towards the door. I opened the curtains and my spirits went up upon seeing Donghae.

"Donghae!!!!" I wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"Eunhyuk...You nearly frightened me out..." Donghae said.

"Oh sorry..." I let go of him.

"Hyukkie, you got to know..." Donghae gazed into my eyes. "You got to know...Never...get...." His voice was shaky and he tried not to cry. "Never get sick Hyukkie..."

My tears were already welling up, I couldn't hold it back . I gave Donghae a kiss on his thin lips. I could feel his arms wrapped around my waist. He responded to my kiss.

"Hyukkie," he reached out for my hand and held it tight. He then wore a silver bracelet around my wrist. "This is for you...I have an exact same one on me too..."

I could see Donghae was about to cry, tears started rolling down his cheeks. "Hyukkie, promise me you'll never take this out okay?"

I wiped his tears off and gave him another kiss. "If you love me, please don't take it off...take it as a remembrance of me..."

I hugged Donghae tight. I don't want to let go of him. "Don't worry, I promise..." I comfronted him.

"I'll miss you. But, god bless us, we will meet someday, I swear we will ". Donghae then hugged me tightly.

"Hyukjae! let's go !" my mother called out.

I gave Donghae one last kiss. "I love you..." I left him and headed downstairs to where my mother was waiting. We loaded our things into the car and set off to the airport. I looked out of my window, I could see Donghae waving at me. I waved back. Donghae...be strong and healthy...never get sick... I looked down at my bracelet, it was beautiful. I am surely going to miss Donghae's sweet smile.

*******************************

(2 years later, End of year)

The night was bright with luminous street lights and the streets filled with families, friends, and couples. My friends and I walked down the elegant streets. We just had a wonderful dinner and this was the night...the last night of the year---a special day... We stopped by to have a cup of green tea, then we headed to the park and waited for the clock to strike midnight. I sat down on the grass together with my friends and gazed up into the dark starry night.

Donghae...Happy New Year...hope you are having a nice time back in Korea...

"Hyukjae! get ready for the countdown!!!"

5, 4, 3, 2, 1.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

There were fireworks it was just an amazing night scene. I wished Donghae was here beside me.

My friends and I had a long chat together then we headed back home. I sauntered down the route that took me home. It was a bit frustrating holding several presents and shopping bags. I was busy managing them when I accidently bumped into someone.

I apologised profusely to the other person and while picking up my presents, I noticed something strange. The other person was wearing the same silver bracelet. I stopped.

"Hae?"

The other guy stopped picking up the presents and looked at me. He gave me the same warm,sweet and encouraging smile.

"Hae!" I broke into tears of joy...I hugged him tightly.

"Never get sick...Hyukkie! ^^" Donghae giggled. "Happy New Year, my love..."

************************

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR MY DEAR READERS MY DEAR SUSCRIBERS! I wrote this short story for new year! ^^ Hope you like it:) Welcome 2015 with a Eunhae moment>