-similar-

Similar

 

 

“Gyaaaahhh!”

“Oppa, you’re so handsome!”

“Oppa, please take my love!”

The voices of the fangirl screaming could make someone ears bleed. He gave a cheesy smile towards his fans and the screaming got louder as he walked outside from the building to his van, accompanied by his three managers, which were busy pushing the screaming fans.

Nam Woohyun, an on top soloist that had been in the music industry for 4 years. Despite he has the perfect and charming look; he is also popular by his fan services towards his fan. He even manages to turn his antis to be one of his fans, which is by using all the cheesy words to them.

He slumped back to the seat and heaved a deep sigh as he finally, had gotten into the van.

“Gosh, the fans today are feisty.”

One of his managers, Lee said. Nam Woohyun giggled weakly.

“We’re heading back to the dorm, right?”

He asked his manager that was already looking on his schedule.

“Not yet, still had one more. Radio broadcast at MKC.”

A deep sigh escaped from his lips. True, he’s tired and had a lot of lack of sleeps but, this was what he chose for, his dreams, his passion. But, that was once, before she died. The thought of her made him depressed as he pulled out his earphones and plucked it into his ears, drifting to his past memories.

 

--*--

 

 

“Yah, Park Chorong! Can’t you be any slower?”

Her best friend was waiting for her and tapping her foot to the ground. Chorong walked even faster towards her best friend, which was standing beside the tree with her hands on her hips. Chorong muttered some incoherent words under her breath.

“Okay, I’m here. Whatever you’re chasing on, why on earth I had to follow you?”

Now, it’s her turn to put her hands on her hips with one of her eye brows rose. Her best friend, Yoon Bomi was giggling nervously, scratching the back of her head.

“I just need someone to accompany me and since you’re my best friend…”

She trailed off and Chorong sighed. True, she would do anything for her best friend, ridiculous thing or not.

“Okay, so where are we-“

“Gyaahh!”

Chorong was cut off by the shrieking noise from the fan girls. She had to close her ears, literally. Bomi followed her.

“What the heck!”

She groaned as she turned around to see what the entire ruckus was all about. But when she did, she saw a man that was rooted on the ground, staring at her with his mouth agape. Chorong scrunched her face, wondering why he was staring at her.  

That time, he really had lost his mind as he suddenly grabbed her hand and ran away from the crowds. The gasping and whispering sounds from the fans could be heard and the managers were all bewildered by his sudden action. Bomi was left alone, dumbfounded as well.

 

 

“What the hell! Who are you! Let me go, you ert ahjusshi!”

She shouted as she was struggling to get out from his grasp. She was about to use one of her hapkido skills but didn’t as he was already stopped and let go of her hand. They were behind of some house shop that was not far away from where they were a while ago. Chorong was confused, heck, who doesn’t. A man that she didn’t even know before suddenly dragged her away to this unknown and isolated place.

He was panting. Beads of sweat was tricking on his face as he leaned towards the wall of one of the buildings.

“I’m sorry.”

He said after he had caught his breath. Chorong wanted so bad to yell and scold him but she knew better not to. She thought that she would handle this situation calmly and not impulsively. So, with a deep breath, she went besides him and leaned towards the wall as well.

“Okay but…I want to know why you suddenly drag me here.”

She looked at him still with her brows furrowed. He was staring at her; examine her features; round eyes, chubby cheeks, cute button nose and plump, pale lips. Nothing like her.

Chorong started to get nervous all of the sudden. A handsome and flawless man was staring at her and who wouldn’t be nervous. Then, he chuckled.

“That’s because you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen.”

Her heart was beating rapidly. She looked away and cleared , folding her arms. “Pfft, ridiculous.” She mumbled, too slow for him to hear.

“Anyway, what’s your name?”

Chorong glanced at him and he was smiling with the oh-so-charming smile.

“Park Chorong.”

Just after she answered it, his phone rang and he pulled out his phone from the pocket.

 “Oh, hyung.”

“You! Where are you right now! We’ve been searching the whole Seoul!”

Chorong could hear all the words as the man on the line was shouting. Woohyun had to pull away the phone from his ear before he will go deaf.

“Aii, hyung, are you sure you have been searching the whole Seoul?”

Chorong giggled. She didn’t even know why she found that funny. Maybe because of the wriggling brows that he did? He glanced towards her as the giggling voice sounds familiar and at that time, he didn’t even hear a word what his hyung said.

“Okay, I get it. Don’t worry; I will be there in a while.”

Though, he doesn’t even know what his hyung had said and just replied something that would cut the call. He ended the call and still glanced at her.

“Wait, I didn’t know your name yet.”

Chorong asked, bluntly. His eyes widen in bewilderment. It’s impossible for someone; especially a teenage girl like her didn’t know him. Even ahjummas and halmeonis knew him.

“Are you sure you didn’t know me? Haven’t you seen this face anywhere?”

He pointed to his whole face. Chorong shook her head and scoffed.

“Do I have to know you? Besides, it is my first time seeing you. Well, since you suddenly dragging me.”

His jaw almost dropped. Where on earth does she even live? Narnia?

He ran his fingers over his hair, charmingly and said, “Well then, I’m Nam Woohyun, a famous and handsome singer.” He ended with a cheesy smirk.

Once again, she scoffed. “Tsk, does every idol and singer are as conceited as you?”

Woohyun chuckled. “Obviously not. It’s because you doesn’t even know me.”

“Well, I’m sorry. I’m not interested in this world of entertainment.”

He gasped and cupped his mouth. “So, you’ve never listen to songs?”

Innocently, he asked her and that made her chuckled. “Of course, I had! But, I’ve never heard yours.”

He tapped his chin “I need to do something for all people in South Korea to know me.”

She giggled, nodding her head. Woohyun had felt something that he hadn’t felt for 5 years. Her voice was the same like hers. He didn’t think twice when he asked her,

“Would you like to be my personal assistant?”

She was in confused and shocked at the same time. What?

 

 

__*__

 

 

She huffed and puffed, struggling with the bags that had been stack up, almost blocking her sight. It had been 4 days since she was forced to be his personal assistant. True, she didn’t want to be one but he didn’t give her a chance to answer it. He even told the press about the accident that she was his assistant. Seriously, she can’t even believe how these people believed what he said. I mean, what kind of assistant getting suddenly dragged?

Oh, only Park Chorong. Stupid tree, trying to do whatever he likes, she complaint in her thought.

Yes, she hated the way he’s being selfish and inconsiderated but at least the pay was good. Besides, she had nothing to do at home and it felt like an escape way from hearing her mom blabbering about her, being lazy and didn’t have a job. Well, she had one now, though she’s not willing to do it.

“Park Chorong, why are you so slow?”

The tree, I mean – Woohyun called her. He waited for Chorong to reach him that was about one meter away while tapping his feet on the ground.

“Oh, I’m sorry for being so slow. How about you try lifting all these heavy things and walking faster,” she mumbled to herself. Because of the bags that were blocking her sight, she accidentally tripped over a rock and well, she fell along with the heaps of bag.

“Tsk, aaahhh...”

She groaned in pain, rubbing her back. Woohyun chuckled and shook his head as he went to her. Chorong swept the sand on her arms and fixed her hair as she cursed the innocent small rock in her thought.

“Haih, why you had to be so clumsy…”

He said between his laugh as he helped her standing up. She was getting furious and blew her fringe.

“Then, why even you want me to be your assistant?”

She glared at him with her arms folded across her chest, which in result; he gave a smirk towards her. He leaned closer to her as she moved her head away from the evil tree. He was frustrated with her that kept backing away when he was leaning closer. He wanted to so, he held her wrist, in hope she would stop backing away and that’s work.

Chorong was surprised. She didn’t even know why she’s being nervous all of the sudden. It’s not exactly the first time he touched her. Even when they first met, he already touched her…well, and being dragged. Their noses almost touched and she could feel her cheeks were getting hot. He smirked, seeing her redden face. Her eyes were glued to the ground as he was leaning more closely towards her and whispered,

“You look cute when you blushed.”

Her eyes widen as he released her and burst into laughter. Her milky face had turned to even a redder color. Not because of his cheesy compliment but because of he was teasing and laughing at her. She stomped her feet on the ground, hard and went to pick up the bags that scattered around the ground. Selfish, conceited, evil tree, I hate you.

When she was about to stack the bags back, a hand suddenly grabbed two bags from her. She was stunned and blinked her eyes a few times to make sure she was not being delusion.

He glanced at her frozen self and cleared his throat with his eyes wandering around the park.

“Don’t think anything wrong. I just don’t want my precious things to fall again because of my clumsy assistant.”

With that, he walked away from her. He can’t help but to think it was cute she acted all innocent.

He stopped when he didn’t hear any footsteps from her. He turned around to be facing with her still frozen state, which still can’t believe he was helping her. He wanted to laugh, seeing her cute reaction but held it.

“What are you waiting for? Let’s go,”

He shouted; that made Chorong realized she was in dazed as she quickly grabbed the things and ran besides him.

Along the walk to the van, Chorong kept glancing at him and he, well obviously noticed it as he tried not to look at her since he didn’t want her to notice his almost-turn-red face. She felt weird by his sudden kindness. Although both of her hands were still full but at least it’s not blocking her sight.

Well, I guess he’s not that bad, she thought and a slight curve appeared on her lips.

 

--*--

 

A week had passed since the accident and she slowly growing interest with her job. She found that being his personal assistant was lucky as she sometimes would bump into a famous idol, which not as conceited as him.

Nam Woohyun was bored as he was lying on his stomach on the couch, waiting for his turn to go up stage. Then, he saw Chorong, who was busy helping the staff…or it seems like it.

“Park Chorong!”

He shouted and Chorong turned her head to him. She raised one of her eye brows like she was saying ‘What?’ He then, moved his index finger, indicating her to come here.

“I’m bored. Play with me.”

He said as he got up to a sitting position and gave her a game console. Chorong scrunched her face as she pointed to the game console that she was holding.

“You…want me to play this?”

He nodded and smirked. “Why? Scared of losing?”

Chorong snorted. “Please, the one who scare of losing is you.”

“Okay then, let’s make a deal. The one who loses will grant whatever the winner wishes for.”

“But, just one wish.” She added.

Woohyun nodded and he smirked. “Deal.”

 

 

An hour had passed and Chorong jaw dropped, blinking at the screen.

“Woohoo! I win!”

Woohyun was bouncing and celebrating his victory as he was running around the room like he won a lottery.

“That’s not fair! I demand for a replay!”

Chorong whined and slammed the console on the couch as she slumped herself into the couch, crossing her arms and pouted. Woohyun stopped in front of her. Seeing she acted like that, reminded him about her once loved one. He shook the past away and bent forward to her, smirking. Chorong glanced at him

“Since you had lose, I want –”

“Nam Woohyun-ssi, you’re next.”

One of the staff said and that made Chorong smirked in relief.

“Seems like your wish will be granted later.” She pushed him away and get off from the couch. “Go along now before the PD will get mad.” She waved her hands towards the door.

Chorong felt breathless when he suddenly wrapped his arms around her. She tried to push him away but failed as he was too strong.

“H-Hey, what are you-“

“Could you please say my name…”

She knew that her face was glowing in red as his hot breath was touching her skin. Her heart was beating too fast that she felt like she was running.

“W-Woohyun…” she mumbled. His heart ached. The way she said his name, the way her voice sounded so similar with her. He missed her but; too bad time can’t be reversed.

“Woohyun?” She called his name again as his embrace around her got tighter. She didn’t know why but she felt that he was in pain.

The childish, cheesy and greasy Nam Woohyun was in pain.

A knock on the door made him back into reality and he let go of her. Chorong felt a sudden emptiness within her that made her questioning herself.

“Woohyun-ssi-“

“I know. I’ll be there.”

The staff sighed as she disappeared from the door. Woohyun turned to Chorong and whispered to her ear.

“Thank you for granting my wish.”

He leaved her with his smirk and after he’s gone, Chorong cupped her redden face and thought, ‘What happen to him? And what happen to me?!’

 

--*--

 

 

She swept the beads of sweat that had been trickling on her forehead. She had just moved the last bag into the trunk of the van. ‘All done!’ She smiled in satisfaction.

The fourth week came and she had loved her job. Though sometimes Woohyun would be rather annoying and childish but that’s what made the job fun. She could tease Woohyun but he would always back.

“Chorong, could you please get Woohyun in the waiting room?”

One of the managers asked her. She nodded her head and made her way to the waiting room.

She knocked on the door twice and didn’t get any respond so; she decided to just go in.

Who knows maybe he fell asleep and her guess was right. He did fell asleep on the couch.  

She went to the couch and sat beside him. An evil smirk appeared on her face. She thought it would be fun if she shouted in his ear and seeing him panicking and such. Just by imagining it, she has already laughed.

She leaned closer to his ear and cupped her hands around , ready to start her sneaky plan but she didn’t. She heard him mumbling a name, a name that fits for a woman; and he said it so painfully. Soeun.

Chorong backed away and looked at his face. He was frowning in pain; he looked like he would start crying any time soon. She was confused. Who’s the girl? What did she do that make him being like this?

“Woohyun?”

She called his name, softly as she shaking his shoulder to wake him up from his bad dream. But, it’s only making it worse. He’s starting to toss and turned and he was sweating while called the name again – Soeun. She was worried and in panic as she called his name louder than before and shook his shoulder with more force.

“Woohyun!”

He had stopped and his eyelids were slowly opening. He was greeted by a familiar face, the face of his loved one 5 years ago. He shot up from the couch and looked at her in bewilderment. He shook his head, hoping it was only an illusion.

Chorong furrowed deepens. It’s worrying her and she didn’t even know that all these times she cared about him. He sighed in relief when her face was gone and it was only Chorong.

All of the sudden, he burst into laughter when he saw her worried face.

“Yah, what’s with that stupid face of yours!”

“Are you alright?” she asked in concern. Woohyun stopped laughing as she didn’t even care about him teasing her.

He arc an eyebrow. “What did you mean? Of course I’m alright.”

Chorong was staring at him, searching if he was lying or not. “You’re sure? A minute ago you were crying in your sleep and saying ‘Soeun, Soeun’? “

He gulped as his throat felt dried all of the sudden. “I-I was?”

Chorong noticed he was trying to avoid looking at her. He was nervous; she knew it since he had stuttered on his words. She didn’t know what had got into her when she suddenly asking,

“Who’s Soeun?”

And at that time, Woohyun was hoping he could disappear, hiding away from her.

 

--*--

 

They hadn’t been talking for three days. Even though he wanted to start a conversation with her, she would avoid it and do something to busy herself.

Chorong knew she wasn’t being herself and that’s made her felt weird on why she suddenly behaving like this. Was she jealous? Of course she would say no but why her heart ached every time he didn’t want to explain it to her? She slapped both of her cheeks. ‘No Chorong no! Get a grip on yourself and forget about it!’

“Chorong…” a voice – a familiar man’s voice called her name behind her.

Chorong ignored it and purposely making herself busy, stacking things here and there when it had already been in its place.

Woohyun knew she purposely making herself busy and that just hit his patience limit. Well, every man has its limit and Woohyun already came to it. It’s now or he will never get to hear her voice again, never hear her laugh and never see her smile.

With a tug on her left arm, Chorong was spun around, facing him. Woohyun with pain and hurt written all over his face, said to her,

“Chorong, why didn’t you want to talk to me? Why are you avoiding me?”

Chorong tried her best not to look at him. She replied but not the answer that satisfied him.

“I didn’t avoiding you, it’s just that – I was busy and you were too that’s why –”

“No, you’re lying!” Woohyun exploded. He knew she was lying, heck she didn’t even want to look at him!

“Is it has something to do with Soeun? Is it has something to do with that name?”

Chorong felt like a lump had stuck in . Woohyun had hit the bull’s eye and yet, she still can’t tell him that he was right so, she chose the safest choice which was: stayed silent.

Woohyun can’t stand the quietness and thus, he started explaining to her.

“Okay, you want to know about her?” Woohyun asked but still, she was silent and didn’t look at him – even a glance.

“Soeun she – she’s my ex-girlfriend. I didn’t know why I said her name in my sleep but she had died few years back before I become well-known and famous.”

Slowly, Chorong took a glance at him but Woohyun was unnoticed by it since he was deep in his thought, staring at the floor.

“Your voice, it sounded so much like her.” He stated as he averted his eyes from the floor and stared at Chorong.

Chorong felt like her breathing had suddenly stopped because of Woohyun’s gazed.

“The moment I heard it, I didn’t even think twice and just dragged you away from the crowd and –”

“You asked me to become your personal assistant…” Chorong cut off Woohyun’s words and continued it herself.

Then all of the memories on why he suddenly asked her to become his personal assistant, why he had wanted her to call his name every time before he went up stage was because of she was just a replacement for his ex-dead-girlfriend.

Knowing the truth had made her heart wrenched in pain.

Chorong quietness had made Woohyun anxious. She was just staring blankly on the floor, like she was in deep thought. How Woohyun hoped he had some kind of mind-reading power.

Suddenly, a drop of water fell onto his hand that was holding her arm. He was perplexed.

“Chorong…?” He called her name softly but Chorong didn’t say anything and instead, she pushed his hand away from her arm and ran away from him.

Running away from the pain.

 

 

 

--*--

 

 

Chorong was laying lazily on her bed, reading some old magazines from her collections. Finding the inside of the magazine was boring, she put it down beside her and stared outside the window. A sighed left her lips.

It’s been a week since I ran away from him…  

Her heart still ached. She felt so hurt knowing the truth – that she was just a replacement.

Another sigh escaped her lips.

Why I must feel like this…I don’t understand why I felt like a knife had stabbed on my heart knowing about it…

Feeling suffocated in the room, she decided to go out and have a breath of fresh air.

Her legs brought her to the busy city, where people were in a rush on going one place to another. Her steps stopped in front of the big screen situated at one of the building’s wall.

Woohyun’s face was on it. He was performing his new single. She didn’t know why she looked at the screen. Probably because of Woohyun’s face didn’t look like it usually was. His face looked dispirited, depressed and not the usual cheerful, enthused face.

A wave of worries hit her. What happened to him?

As she was engrossed on watching him performed while thinking what had happened to him, the mic that he was holding suddenly fell.

Chorong gasped in surprised. Woohyun’s face on the screen didn’t look good too. He looked confused, dazed and bewildered. After few seconds later, Woohyun suddenly ran to the backstage and the stage went empty.

Chorong was worried. Heck, who didn’t?! Who knows what happened at the backstage. She was eager to go and meet him, to see whether he was okay or not, to know why he’s suddenly acting like that but she knew she can’t. Right now, she was still in the avoiding-and-running-away-from-Nam-Woohyun state.

A deep sighed left her lips. Gosh heart, please stop worrying about him. He will be okay. He’s going to be okay.

Chorong tried to be optimistic and restrained herself from going to meet Woohyun. But the more she withstand it, the more her heart felt pain and hurt.

God, I’m worried! What if anything happens to him? What if he’s sick? What if…

There were too many things went through her mind that the tears were leaking from her eyes as her knees were almost came in touch with the ground – until a sudden pair of arms wrapped around her.

Chorong was shocked.

“Park Chorong…finally…”

That voice – that familiar deep, manly voice whispered into her ear. Her eyes widen in surprised as her hands were trembling in shocked.

“W-Woohyun…” She could barely let her voice out.

A satisfied smile broke on his lips as he heard her voice. God, I miss it.

“Park Chorong, why did you suddenly ran away? Hmm?”

She was quiet. She didn’t know what to answer.

“I haven’t finished and yet, you quickly jump to conclusion, don’t you?”

Chorong felt like a lump was stuck in . Wait, what did he mean by that?

Without saying anything, he spun her around, facing him. He held both of her arms gently.

 “So, let me clear this disastrous misunderstanding and you are not allowed to say anything until I finish, okay Park Chorong?” he stated as his eyes pierced into her. Chorong nodded her head innocently.

“It’s true that your voice sounded so much like her but it’s just that. Your personality aren’t like her at all. You have your own charm that only you had that somehow had attracted me towards you. I know you thought that I hired you as my assistant because of I want you to become her replacement but no, it’s not. Once, her voice had been giving me the strength to go up stage and perform but that was in the past and now –” Woohyun closed the distance between them as he put his forehead onto her. Their eyes met.

“–it’s you that had been giving strength. After you had been gone, I realized that I was missing you. I need you by my side and give me strength, I need your support, I need your laughter, I need your smile and I need your weird, funny, cute faces that only Park Chorong could do.”

Chorong felt her tears were streaming down her cheeks like the waterfall. Woohyun confession sounded so genuine and sincere that she felt touched by it. Then, it suddenly hit her.

“H-How did you k-know I was here?” she asked between her sobs.

“Well, you are in front of the broadcasting station building.” He clearly stated as he straightened his body. Chorong looked back towards the building where the screen was. Oh right, no wonder.

“I guess you had saw that terrible performance, huh,” He said with a boyish grinned.

Chorong scrunched her face in annoyance. “Obviously I did you idiot! Do you know how worry I was?! I thought that you were sick or something, jeez Nam Woohyun!” Chorong said with rage as she hit his chest.

Woohyun just laughed.

 “Why you suddenly leaved the stage?” she asked, after a few seconds past. Woohyun was looking at her for a moment before his eyes were wandering to somewhere else, trying to find the right words to answer.

 Chorong was waiting for his answer with her face written concern all over it.

“Because I was scared.” He replied as his eyes were on the ground.

“After the mic fell, I was panic. I didn’t know what to do so I leaved.” He explained. He didn’t even knew how his grip on the mic suddenly went loose. Maybe because he was nervous and his hand had become too sweaty.

“It’s your fault though that it happened.” He said as he looked at her. Chorong was taken aback.

“W-What…why even it’s my fault?!” she complained.

“Because of you ran away from me, everything had not been going well, you know. My good luck charm had ran away,”

Woohyun suddenly pulled her closer to her and whispered “But now that I have found it, I would never ever let it run away from me ever again.”

Chorong was speechless as she felt blood rushes to her cheeks.

“Park Chorong, I –”

“Yah, Nam Woohyun!!” A sudden shrieking voice interrupted them.

Both of Woohyun and Chorong turned their head to the direction of the voice.

Woohyun frowned in displeased. “Aish, this old man…” he muttered under his breath.

“Woohyun, Manager Lee is calling you,” Chorong innocently told him and as if on cue, Woohyun pulled her hand and started to run away from the manager.

“W-Woohyun!”

Without any places in mind, his legs just ran and ran along with Chorong in his grip until his legs stopped when he felt like they were already far away from him.

Both of them were huffing and puffing, trying to get their breath back. Once they were fine, Chorong looked at him with annoyance in her eyes.

“Yah, why did we ran away from him?” she asked, arms crossed.

“Because I need some privacy,” he casually replied along with that boyish grin of his. They were at a playground – an empty playground since they were no kids playing here.

“Now, where were we?” he said as he once again pulled her closer to him. Chorong was shocked that she can’t look him in the eye.

He put his forehead on hers as his eyes were still on her face.

“Park Chorong,” he whispered “I love you.”

Hearing those three words, Chorong finally looked at him.

“I love you not for your voice but for who you really are. I don’t know when and how but by the time I know it, I had already fallen for you.”

The tears that had dried, were falling again on her cheeks. Gosh, just – how many times did I cried?!

“Park Chorong, I love you and I need you to be my assistant for eternity.”

Chorong didn’t know how and when but she thought that she must be falling for him too. The week without him was horrible and painful and she always tried to push his image away from her mind but she knew she can’t.

Because she had fallen for him.

With a sob, she said “N-Nam Woohyun, I love you too.”

Hearing those words coming from her lips, he smiled. “Thank god,” he muttered.

“Now, don’t cry,” he said as he wiped away her tears with his thumb.

“If you cry, I can’t kiss you.” Woohyun sudden bluntness of words managed to make her stop crying.

With her eyes widen to him, she said “What did you –”

Her words had been cut off when a pair of soft lips was on hers.

Her eyes were slowly closed as she let herself engrossed in the kiss.

After a moment, the kiss broke. Both of them were gazing each other in the eyes without any words uttered between them until Chorong said “You do realize that we have to go back and have to explain everything to Manager Lee, right?”

Woohyun frowned in displeased but after Chorong gave him a warning glanced, he sighed.

“Alright, alright,” he mumbled as he grabbed her hand and started to walk back to the broadcasting station building.

Little did he know that Chorong was smiling – and she was feeling undoubtedly, incredibly happy. 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

 

 

Happy New Year, guys! Hope you will have a great year ahead of you!