Little Brats

Little Brats

"So what should we watch?" you ask Leeteuk, already blushing a little. You're sitting on the couch in his dorm, a pile of movies in front of you, trying to decide which one you want to watch. You'd opted for an at-home date, since dating out in public was dangerous, especially for him. This way, at least, the two of you could be left alone.

Or maybe not.

"Watch Frozen! Anna! My Anna!" you hear Heechul yell, and then hear laughing from the same direction.

"No, no, watch Titanic! Hyung! Draw her like one of your French girls!" Eunhyuk yells, followed by more laughter.

Leeteuk blushes, glancing at you, then yells, "YA! Are you guys going to EXO's concert or not?!"

He'd chosen this particular night because the majority of the Super Junior members had decided to go be fanboys at EXO's concert, so he'd thought you could be alone.trans.gif

"We're waiting for Ryeowook-ee," Eunhyuk explains, walking into the room, ignoring Leeteuk's blatant glares.

"Where is he?" you ask, curious. You've known the guys for a while, and think they're funny, but it seemed like they lived to make fun of their leader, ever since the two of you had started dating. Which hadn't really been that long, so far.

Eunhyuk shrugs, grabbing a handful of popcorn and shoving it in his mouth. "Still at SuKiRa? I dunno."

"Don't eat the popcorn!" Leeteuk demands, but all Eunhyuk does is laugh at him. Leeteuk starts to get up, but Eunhyuk quickly dashes away, still laughing. You hear the door close, and Leeteuk sits down next to you again with a sigh of relief. "I'm sorry... they're a bunch of kids, really. Just... ignore them."

You laugh, sifting through the pile. "Here... why don't we watch... 200 Pounds Beauty!"

You kind of expected him to say no, that it was a chick flick, but instead he just smiles and nods. "I was worried we wouldn't pick anything," he admits, still smiling at you. He's so cute, with that one little dimple. You want to poke it. You even start to reach up, to touch it, but just then the front door comes flying open again.

"HYUNG? You still here?!"

"Kyuhyun, what do you want?!" Leeteuk shouts, sounding more annoyed than he had been before.

"Oh, nothing, Hyung. I just forgot my phone." He walked in, grinning at you. He continues past, into the hallway towards your room, and Leeteuk swallows and tries to make himself busy, putting the movie in the player. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun returns to the room with his phone, and, before leaving, crouches down next to you.

"Hey, you want to know where Hyung's stash is?"

"KYUHYUN, don't tell her that!" Leeteuk yells, whipping around. Kyuhyun quickly leaves, a look of mock terror on his face.

Leeteuk sits down next to you, shaking his head. "I'm sorry. They're never going to leave us alone. Well, they're never going to leave me alone."

You pat his arm sympathetically, trying not to laugh. "They have to leave eventually, you know."

He makes a face. "Well, I hope it's soon."

You laugh. "You really want to be alone with me, don't you?"

He turns a bright shade of red, spluttering, "N-no, it's not like that! I promise!"

You pinch his cheek, turning to the movie just in time for it to begin. You turn the lamp off and watch the events of the romantic comedy unfold. Finally, it seems like the guys have decided to leave you alone, and you start to feel that maybe it's safe to sit a little bit closer together. You can just scootch closer...

You hear voices in the hallway and feel your cheeks turn pink, but it seems like the guys are finally actually leaving. You can hear them chattering to each other, can hear Heechul's obnoxious laughter. Finally, you hear Kangin shout "Hyung, don't do anything inappropriate! We all have to share this dorm!"

You hear the door close, and relax. They're finally gone. You can finally try to get close to your date, maybe even watch the movie. Or maybe not. First you have to see how the first few steps go.

Come on, you can do this. You're a thirty-year-old woman. Not a hormonal teenager. It's not like you haven't done this before. You're just trying to get closer to him, not...

You freeze, turning to look behind you.

And there's Sungmin, hidden in the shadows, just behind the chair. "Hyung..." he whispers, and Leeteuk jumps and screams, and Sungmin bursts out laughing.

You quickly pause the movie, glaring at him. "What are you still doing here Sungmin-shi?!" you squeak, your heart in your throat.

He laughs again, a high-pitched giggle that makes even you want to punch him. "You were thinking about doing something bad, weren't you?"

"I-I-I wasn't thinking anything like that!" you stammer. You hate that you stammered. Because you actually weren't, but it totally sounded like you were.

"But Hyung was. I know he was. He always is. So greasy." He wrinkles his nose, and Leeteuk gets up, throwing popcorn.

"Why are you even still here?!" Leeteuk shouts, actually sounding angry.

"Just wanted to make sure you were doing okay. I don't want Hyung's feelings to get hurt," he says off-handedly, although he shoots a glance at you before he runs towards the door, shouting, "see you two later!" with a grin.

Leeteuk sits down on the couch again, his cheeks cherry red. "Do you think they're all finally gone?"

As if in response, his phone buzzes. He picks it up, glaring down at it. "It's from Heechul," he says flatly.

"Go ahead and read it. I'm curious," you say, biting your lip.

He swallows, opening the text. "Hyung, don't try to be too romantic. You'll scare her away. And make sure you--" he breaks off, quickly shoving the phone in his pocket.

"What, what is it?" you ask, your eyes lighting up.

He shakes his head. "Nothing. Heechul's being... you know, Heechul."

"What? What does it say?" You're burning with curiosity. You reach for his pocket, but he turns away. "It's nothing!" He jumps up, and his phone falls out of his pocket. You snatch it, reading the message just before he grabs it out of your hands.

You burst out laughing. "Make sure you wash your face, so you're not too greasy when you kiss, because that would be gross."

He covers his face with his hands. "We're not even watching the movie. I'm so sorry... I didn't think they would be this bad. They tease, but it's usually not... they must be..."

You lean forward and kiss him on the cheek, right where the little dimple is. He's shocked, looking back at you.

You shake your head, laughing. "Oppa, you know what they're doing, don't you?"

He shakes his head. He's still holding his cheek like you'd slapped him there instead of kissed him.

"They're testing me. It's something younger siblings do. Because you're not allowed to date a person until your younger sibling approves of them. That's the way it works. I have to pass their test."

"So what's their test?" he asks, his voice sounding a bit guarded.

You smile, leaning forward so that you can almost hear his heart beating through his chest. Your own is beating wildly. "To see if, even when they don't leave you alone, I don't stop looking at you."

You kiss him, your heart fluttering like a bird's. It's soft and light, but it's enough to do the trick. Both of you relax, and when you separate, he's able to put his arm around your shoulders and pull you close, so you can put your head on his shoulder while you watch the rest of the movie, making commentary to each other about the quality of the acting, and doing your best to send funny responses back to the members.

And that's how they find you when they come back from the concert-- asleep next to each other on the couch, an empty bowl of popcorn and half-full glasses of water on the table, the menu for the DVD playing over and over again, no one stopping it.

And they don't bother you. You wake up the next morning with a blanket over the two of you, a teddy bear and a bottle of wine on the table in front of you, with a note stuck to the foil over the cork on the bottle.

You pull it off, settling back into the pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist, and read it out loud. "I guess you're cool enough for Hyung. Take good care of him for us, Hyungsoo-nim. He needs a lot of love."

You smile and take the teddy bear, shaking your head. What a bunch of little brats. They were all so adorable.