Parting

So Long

"Naeun-ah."

 

Hearing his sweet voice call my name brought a smile on my face.

 

I turned to face him and I am once again drawn to him. He smiled at me and my heart was once again filled with warmth. I missed him. I missed his voice. I missed his eyes. I missed his smiles. I missed his laughs. I missed everything about him. I just really missed him.

 

I ran to him like I usually did and just like the usual, he opened his arms wide open, welcoming me in. I hugged him tightly and he did the same. Oh, how I missed feeling his arms around me!

 

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear and I'm finally home. "You don't have any idea how much I've missed you."

 

"I missed you too." I pulled out from the hug and looked at his face again. Tears started to fall from his eyes and I immediately wiped it away. "Hey, don't cry. You know I hate seeing you cry."

 

He laughed but still, tears continued to fall from his eyes. "I know. It's just that.... I'm so happy seeing you right now." He held my hand then asked, "Do you like it here?" I saw a tinge of sadness in his eyes.

 

I didn’t want to answer him because I know that it will break his heart but I know that I need to answer him. He needs to know. I looked away before answering. I can't bear to see him hurting. "Yes. This is where I belong." I said. It almost came out like a whisper. I wanted to tell him that I don't like it here, that I'd still choose to stay with him but I didn't. It will just make things harder for him.

 

I heard him sigh. He looked at me in the eye and smiled.  "Okay, then. I'll just stay here with you."

 

 "W-what are you say-"

 

But before I was able to finish asking him my question, he dropped on his knees and kneeled in front of me. He looked up at me, I saw his lips quiver and when he started to speak, his voice broke. "Shh. Don't say anything. Just let me stay with you, Naeun-ah. Please."

 

Tears flowed down my cheeks. It pains me to see him like this. I hate seeing him like this! Though I want him to stay with here with me, I just can't let him throw away his life for me. I have to let him go and even though I know that this is going to hurt, I need him to let me go.

 

"Stop crying, Myungsoo oppa. Please, you know you can't stay here. You have to wake up now." I pleaded as I wipe his tears away. He needs to go back now. He doesn't belong here. He doesn't belong here with me.  A sob came out and my body shook. "Oppa, please."

 

"Just a few minutes more, please. I want to stay with you even for a few more minutes." I kneeled before him and hugged him tightly once again. This will be the last time that I will be able to hug this man in front of me. I felt him wrapped his arms around me and whispered, "I love you."

 

But before I was able to tell him that I love him too, he disappeared. He is now gone and I'm left alone again. I pulled my knees upward and hugged them as tears continued to fall from my eyes.