The Beginning

Surnaturel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Well, hello there young one. I see that you have stumbled upon my humble tale. Let me ask you a simple question. Do you believe in the supernatural? Wait, take your time to ponder. Don't be hasty.. Like I did. I regret it so much. 

[What do you mean?]

Want to hear a story?

[Sure.]

Let's see. I vaguely recall it being an overcast day. Gloomy, soggy clouds were hanging over my head, threatening to let loose a downpour. 
People were scurrying around like rats on drugs, desperate to get home before the impending storm. Silvers of lightning could be seen lurking in the cracks of the clouds and rumbles of thunder that sounded like the roar of the gods struck fear in the hearts of people. 

[Thanks for the insightful depiction of the scenery but what exactly happened?] 

Snarky and touché but I'll fast forward the story a little to accommodate to your taste. After all, I haven't spoken to anyone for over a decade now. Anyways, as I was saying before you so insolently disrupted my train of thoughts, I was among the mass of commuters who put their life on the line to get home. It was not a pretty sight I can tell you. Shoving, elbowing and cursing. People were such savages. In retrospect, I cannot fathom why I was out wandering on such stormy day. Teenage minds are such a mystery of nature but I digress. 

I knew that I wasn't going to make it home before the deluge so my eyes scanned the surroundings frantically for shelter. It came in the form of a dilapidated, rundown shop tucked in a little alley. It smelt as bad as it looked. The air was stale and musty and was akin to the smell of decomposing corpses. That probably should have set off warning sirens in my head but being the naive fool I was, I pressed on, combing for any sights of life there. Bad move there, bad move. 

A disheveled, wizened elderly man hobbled towards me with a cane in his right hand, supporting his weight. 
His back was hunched forward and he had patches of wispy, silver-gray hair mottled on his head. His left eye was unfocused, stating into the horizon. It was probably a glass eye. With every step he took towards the counter, his bone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter