FINAL

Invulnerability
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Red. Pink. White. Yellow.


Sehun nearly drowned to the lively colors of the flowers being displayed on the stand. When he was young, he used to think that guys buying bouquet was only a waste of time and money. Flowers will wilt and in the end, it will end up in the trashcan then forgotten. But, now that he got himself a girlfriend, he realized the thought of giving flowers. It was because he badly wanted to see the big smile of his girlfriend once he handed it to her. He wanted to hear the soft giggles she will make once she held that bouquet on her arms. And just by the thought of it, Sehun already felt himself melting on his spot.

Sehun approached the bucket of roses and appreciated the beauty of it. He realized that it's simplicity always caught women's attention. He took one stem from the bunch and eyed the thorns attached to the stem. He suddenly realized that his life was likely the same with the rose. To accept the rose, one should first accept the thorns attached to it. He wouldn't deny that he was an before and he owned that title alone. However, it all changed when he met Jung Soojung, his best friend, his love, his forever.

Jung Soojung is the only female whom caught Sehun's attention the moment he laid his eyes on her in the pits of the crowd of their graduation day. Despite the number of people, Soojung felt like she was on her own spotlight because of Sehun's eyes. He was drowned at her simplicity and her lovely smile. He could still remember how his heart skipped a beat and felt like everything was in slow motion. How his stomach got into a knot when she spoke to him for the first time when she caught him staring at her. 'Congratulations! Good luck on your college.' 


There were days where Sehun felt a little happy and hopelessly sad but the moment she came in his dull life, those happy times came often and more believable and those sad times became a little bearable. Falling in love wasn't on his plans nor he ever thought of it, until one day, Soojung woke up his sleeping heart and give him the meaning of what it has to be loved.

Soojung is his salvation and he would do everything to keep him from losing her.

"Here's your flowers, Sehun."

Sehun stopped his train of thoughts and turned around to see his best friend and owner of the flowershop, Luhan. Luhan walked in with a huge bouquet of fresh white and pink roses wrapped in a white ribbon strap. He purposely chose white and pink because it is her favorite color.

"I'm still not get used to the fact that you're in love and actually celebrating your third anniversary." Luhan teased as he handed the bouquet to his best friend whom was trying to control his smile by biting his bottom lip to stop his smile to reach his ears. He just can't help but to imagine his girlfriend's happy face when he's going to give it to her.

"Me, either." Sehun chuckled. He moved to give the paper bill to Luhan but the latter refused to take it. "Come on, Luhan. It's for the labor I've put you through." He insisted.

Luhan shook his head and smiled at the same time. "You can keep it, Sehun. What friends are for? Just treat it as my gift for your anniversary." He grinned. 

"Won't you really take it?"

Luhan shook his head. "No."

"I'll take advantage of it then. " Sehun chuckled and kept the money on his backpocket and carefully held the big bouquet on his arm. "Thank you so much, Luhan. Soojung will surely love this."
Luhan smiled, peered at the wall clock and nodded at Sehun. "Aren't you late on your date?" He grinned teasingly.

"Your lovely Soojung is waiting for you."

"Fine, I'll take my leave." Sehun grinned, "Thank you again, Luhan." He lifted his hand to wave a small goodbye and take his exit on the flowershop. He sniffed the rose with a wide smile. He cannot wait to see his love.

Just for two hours of travel he needs to endure..


Sehun thought of it multiple times why he ever took the train instead of the bus or taxi. Why did it ever slipped his mind that it was rush hour and there will be many passengers. He carefully kept the bouquet close to his body as he tried to shield it from other people. He was being sandwiched between the door and the bouquet because of the jam-packed passengers in the train. The tightness and the smell of the other passengers, it was a mixture of body odor, perfumes and sweat which makes him dizzy and almost faint. They look like sardines in a can.

"Your flowers are getting pressed."

Sehun turned his head to look at the girl seated just beside the door. She gestured at his flowers which made him look and frowned a little when he realized she was right. If it will only look pressed, Luhan's work would only gone to waste and probably Soojung wouldn't like it. He doesn't know what to do, he cannot even move a muscle because of the tightness of the standing people.

"I should have taken taxi. Stupid Sehun." Sehun whispered under his breathe.

"I can hold it for you." She offered with an encouraging smile. Sehun didn't even think of it and carefully handed the bouquet to her lap and muttered a small gratitude. He would take any chances only to save the bouquet.

"You shouldn't take the train if you're carrying something." The woman reminded. "Is this for your girlfriend?"
Sehun nodded.

"How long have you two been together?"

"It's our third anniversary today." Sehun replied with a proud smile. He never thought he would fall in love. There are a lot of women who chased him but none of them ever succeed because Sehun was searching for Soojung in every woman. They became good friends and eventually spoke like lovers. When Sehun felt the feelings getting too strong, he didn't hide his feelings because he was afraid he will miss his chance. Good thing, she felt the same way. 
'I already have a three blissful years with her and I'm planning to keep it that way for a long time.'

The woman gasped loudly and smiled at him. "Wow! That long? You must love each other so much."
"I love her a little bit more every day."

 


Sehun successfully reached his girlfriend's dorm with him still in whole piece and the bouquet still safe on his arms. That two-hour ride was really stressful, good thing the woman initiate to care for the flowers. Now he was standing in front of her door, he didn't mind the long distance and stress he undergone just to see her. Whenever she would decide to visit him on his house, he didn't mind the hours she will be late because she was worth it.


Sehun reached his hand out to knock on the door but the door already opened and finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter