Merry Christmas, Sica-yah

White Christmas

I know, I know. I'm late. Forgive me. It's not even Christmas. What can I say? I was busy with family. I finished the story two minutes before Christmas was over, but I had to go on the website and all so I'm late. I'll edit this later. I was in a hurry. For now, here 'ya go! 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person's Point of View 

 

Jessica sat down on her couch. She had no plans for today, Christmas.

This is the first Christmas spent without the other 8 members after befriending them. As much as it pained her to admit, she missed them. It hurt, but she didn't let that ruin her Christmas spirits. Her focus on the TV is disrupted when Krystal plops down next to her. 

Krystal had begged two days off so that she could spend time with her family. The two sisters lived together with their parents. They weren't home much due to their packed schedules; Jessica has been home a bit more than Krystal lately, after her departure from GG. Although her business had taken off and was going well, and even though she had to travel overseas a lot, Jessica would always be found sleeping in bed from exhaustion, if she ever was home. Or, sometimes, when she felt bad about not spending enough time with her family, she would pull off an all-nighter just to talk or go out with them. 

"I thought you have a schedule?" Jessica asks. Krystal lays her head on Jessica's shoulder. 

"I just wanted to spend time with my family." 

"Really? But I thought you had an event with one of the guys you have a crush on." 

Jessica squeals when Krystal pinches her side. She slaps her younger sister away and glares at her. 

"Stop talking about it. You should feel special that I chose you over him." Krystal replies. Jessica playfully winks. 

"That's because you love me more." 

Krystal groans. She would gladly choose her sister over any guy any time, but when Jessica gets smug about it, Krystal just can't help but regret her life decisions. Krystal speaks again.

"You don't have to put it like that. It sounds overly sweet; makes me want to puke." 

"Go ahead and puke out your love for me." 

Well, Jessica is oddly sweet today. Krystal squeals in disgust. Jessica laughs. 

"Yah." Jessica says when Krystal scoots away from her. The older sister pokes the younger one. 

"Unnie, I'm watching TV." Krystal complains. Jessica pouts, but looks at the TV too. Of course, Krystal's crush is on TV. Jessica had a thought of changing the channel, but she decided not to. The drama was too interesting. 

It didn't take long for the sisters to be absorbed in the drama. Krystal got up once, but only to go heat up some popcorn. When she got back, they repositioned themselves so that Jessica's head is laying on Krystal's lap. Not too long after the episode ended, the girls got up to eat. They settle on spaghetti.

"When is mom and dad coming back?" Krystal whined. Their parents went on vacation and Jessica was the last to talk to them. 

"Around 7 or 8. Their flight was delayed." 

"Did you get them presents?" 

"Of course I did!" 

"Did you get me a present?" 

Jessica laughs when she sees Krystal's anxious face. Jessica sees some sauce on the edge of Krystal's lips. She wipes the spot with her thumb and it off. 

"Unnie!" 

     "Why? What?" 

"That's gross! Never do that again! Next time just tell me or wipe it with a napkin." Krystal shivered. 

"Well if you make a big fuss about it, that just makes it seem awkward." Jessica defends herself.

"Did you get me a present?" Jessica asks. Krystal's face glows. 

"You're going to love it." 

"What is it? Give me a hint?" 

"No. It's a surprise." 

Jessica swayed in her seat, adding a little natural aegyo while begging her sister to give her a hint. Krystal covers and laughs.

"Unnie, never do that to your boyfriend. He'll dump you at the sight." 

"Besides," Krystal adds, "you're too old to do that." 

Jessica's hand flies up to playfully slap Krystal's mouth. She didn't want to be reminded that she wasn't growing younger. Krystal glares at her sister. She gets up and puts her dish away. Jessica remained silent. Is Krystal mad at her? 

After finishing, Jessica washes the plates and headed upstairs to find Krystal. The younger sibling was in the middle of a conversation. 

"Okay, great, I'll be there." 

Jessica frowns. Krystal is going to leave her and their parents alone for Christmas? She must be really upset. Jessica wraps her arms around Krystal's waist and buries her head in Krystal's neck.

"Soo Jung-ah… Are you mad at me? I'm sorry. I was just messing around. Please don't leave me." Jessica mumbled. Krystal pulls away, and Jessica could only think of the worst. 

"I'm not mad. I'm taking you with me." Before Jessica could say anything else, Krystal takes her hand and leads her to Jessica's bedroom. 

"Get changed, unnie. Wear something warm, cozy, and fashionable." Then, Krystal closes the door. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Where are we going?" Jessica whines. 

Krystal dragged her to a restaurant nearby that they love to go to. The thing is, they didn't have their manager or any security guards with them, so it was dangerous if they were approached by a sasaeng fan. 

"The f(x) gang is here too." Krystal says excitedly. 

Hearing Krystal, Jessica couldn't help but feel sad. She remembered when her and the other 8 members would share every Holiday together. This Christmas, she wouldn't be able to receive or give out presents to them.

"Unnie…" Krystal started. 

"Are you okay?" 

Jessica was astounded by the sudden question. Her younger sister's eyes were filled with concern, worry, and sadness. Krystal hasn't asked this ever since that one day. Tears welled up in Jessica's eyes. She felt bad for making Krystal worry. 

"It hurts." Jessica cried. Her friends of 15 years… Just like that… 

Krystal pulled her older sister into a hug. It hurt sewing her sister cry. They stayed like that for a while until Jessica's sobs died down. Jessica pulled away and wiped her tears.

"I'm fine now." she said. Krystal held her hand again and pulled her inside. 

"Soo Jung! Krystal! Jesshika-unnie!" The other four f(x) members called. Jessica was a little surprised that people in the restaurant didn't even look at them. Eight bodyguards sat at another table and gave the fans a "stay away" look.

"Be quiet. You're going to get us all jumped." Krystal snapped. The Jung sisters took a seat in the booth. 

Krystal gave Victoria a look. Victoria winked in response, making Krystal smile. Jessica noticed these not-so discreet glances. 

"What's up with you two?" the older Jung asks. Luna hurriedly changed the subject.

"Amber has a boyfriend!" she blurted. This seemed to distract Jessica.

"What? You do?" Sulli asks. Victoria signalled to Sulli. The girl immediately gets it and acts along. 

"O-oh! S-so you tell them but not me? Is this because you're mad at me?" Sulli tried.

"I told you when I was telling the rest but you were too absorbed in texting your boyfriend!" said Amber. Jessica was believing this. 

"Anyways, let's eat up." said Victoria. 

Although the Jung sisters just ate not too long ago, they didn't mind eating again. They loved to eat. Eating was third on Jessica's list. Sleeping is first, resting is second, and eating is third. 

Jessica found herself lightening up and becoming happier as she hung out with the f(x) members. They shared stories about their worst Christmas. 

"Mine was when I found out Santa Claus isn't real. I cried nonstop all day after that." 

Krystal laughed and clapped her hands in amusement. She covered to keep the food from being seen or falling out. 

"When was this? I don't remember it."

Before Jessica could reply, one of the bodyguard's tapped Victoria. 

"The surprise." he whispers in her ear.

"Girls are awesome." Victoria signals. The other girls grin, besides Jessica, who thought it was really random. 

"Jessica unnie, we prepared some presents for you." Luna says. Krystal takes her hand and leads her outside while the other members follow. 

"What is it?" Jessica asks confusedly. They were walking to the middle of the street. The other people from the restaurant joined. 

'This is strange.' Jessica thought. The street was closed off and a whole crowd was lined up with some guards keeping them back. Krystal led her over to where a red x in the middle of the vacant street was. Right when Jessica stood on the spot, a line of people formed. They were all smiling brightly. A girl with black glasses was first up. She passed Jessica a rose. 

"Aw, thank you." Jessica says in a slightly confused tone. The next person steps up and does the same. Then, the next person and so on. Jessica finally realized what was going on. Tears formed in her eyes as she received each rose. A guard stepped up right next to her with a basket in his arms. Sulli and Amber helped Jessica put the roses in the basket. 

Jessica bursted into tears when she sees a fan-made video of her project on the huge screen up above on a building. Everyone could see it. There were speakers set up to the side. She looked at the f(x) members.

"What is this?!" she asked. "Why are you all making me cry?" 

Krystal grinned and pulled her into a side hug. 

"Just watch for the next scene; it'll get better." 

Suddenly, a voice--voices came from the speakers. 

"Saranghae neol ineukkim idaero." The voices started in a slow tone. They all sounded so familiar, especially the song. It was none other than SNSD's debut song. 

"Geuryeowassdeon hemaeimui kkeut,"

Jessica cried harder when she saw 8 familiar faces appear from behind the crowd. Each of them were holding a microphone.

"Banbokdoeneun seulpeum ijen annyoung,"

The other 8 Soshi members walked closer. They weren't that far from each other now.

"Saranghaeyo." They said in a normal tone. Seohyun jumped on Jessica, hugging her and bawling her eyes out. Jessica returned the hug, also bawling her eyes out. In the background, the song "Into the New World" played. 

The other Soshi members but Taeyeon went in for a hug. Taeyeon walked over to the restaurant, then came back with a cake in hand. 

"Girls." Taeyeon said as she neared. The candles were lit. On the cake, it said "Merry Christmas, Sisters". The Soshi members cleared the way for Taeyeon and Sica to face each other.

"Saranghae." Taeyeon said. Jessica covered . Her eyes were raining with tears. The last time she heard Taeyeon say "I love you" was years ago. She could barely remember, really.

"Sica-yah! Blow out the candles!" Taeyeon ordered. Tears were evident in her eyes. Although confused, Jessica blows the candles out. Taeyeon laughs. She passes the cake to Victoria and wipes some frosting on Jessica's face. 

"We're sorry. We love you. I love you." Taeyeon says. She pulls Sica into a hug. The SNSD members group hugged and cried. 

"We missed you so much." Hyoyeon spoke in a cracked voice. 

"A lot." Yoona added. 

"Nothing felt right." Sunny commented. 

"I had no one to trash talk the company with." Yuri says. 

"I had no one to speak English to and laugh about stupid American jokes with." says Tiffany. 

"I actually wanted to share my food with you." said Sooyoung. 

"We missed you." Seohyun concluded. Jessica hugged each and everyone one of them whole the fans cheered. The f(x) members stood off to the side, satisfied. 

Then, it starts to snow. 

"Oh my god!" Tiffany exclaims. Tiffany and Jessica saw first snow together twice. 

"I knew we were going to be stuck with each other forever." Tiffany claims. Jessica laughed and the members hugged again. 

"Merry Christmas, Sica-yah." Taeyeon said. Amber held up a sign. 

"1, 2, 3!" 

"Merry Christmas Jessica Jung!" Everyone shouted. Jessica fell on her knees. 

"We love you!" They added. The members helped her stand up. 

"Merry Christmas." Jessica managed in a hoarse voice. The f(x) members started to throw snow at the SNSD members. 

"This is our present to you." f(x) said. 

"It's our gift," the other 8 added. 

"I love you all!" Jessica shouted. The fans cheered. 

"It's a white Christmas." says Krystal. 

News reporters gathered around, but no one could care less. Fans held up the sign that said: 

"Forever 9." 

And Jessica felt a pang in her heart, along with the other members. 

"Forever 9." They repeated. And nothing was going to change that. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: 

Okay, sorry it was so rushed and sudden. I was in a hurry when writing this. I'll fix it though. Well, I'll edit it. Thanks for reading! And late Merry Christmas! It's 12:15 AM here.