Final

Mishaps

“I think I won’t be of any help on this,” Jinhwan said as he studied my door.

 

 

I know, but I have no choice. Everyone is busy doing there stuffs and, I can do my stuff because this door is messing with me. I explained my point to him, “But hyung, you are the only one who can help me. Bobby is busy, and so is Hanbin. I can only count on you. I have been suffering from this stupid door for a week. Imagine, I have already put up with it for a week!”

 

I swear, if this door won’t be fixed until this day end, I will kick the hell out of it and I don’t care if my room is busted wide open for everyone. I just don’t want to be locked inside my own room.

 

“Okay, calm down. Let me see what I can do.”

 

I sat on my bed and looked at Jinhwan hyung as he examined the door knob. I hope he could really fix it.

 

One time, I really had to go to the bathroom and the door went jammed. I didn’t know what to do. My bladder was about to explode and I am screaming inside my room like a girl being . No one attended to me. I waited for 45 minutes before I heard Donghyuk outside and ask him to get the master key. Imagine, 45 minutes. I waited for 45 minutes, plus my bladder is like an atomic bomb blasting on cue, for someone to open my door. That is totally and unfathomably insane.

 

“It looks like we need a new door knob. I think I can call our manager so he could change this as soon as possible. I’ll tell him your issues.”

 

Only Bobby, Jinhwan and Hanbin hyung has the contact with the managers. I am just glad that the door would already be fixed.

 

“Oh thank God. I hope this would be fixed before the day ends. I don’t want another Junhoe-locked-inside-his-own-room moment and Junhoe-screaming-for-somebody-to-open-his-door.”

 

Jinhwan laughed.

 

“It has been ages since I last entered your room. It hasn’t changed… it is still messy.”

 

He said as he looked around my place.

 

Personally, I don’t like people barging inside my personal place for no apparent reason. I just want to keep this room privately, like my personal comfort space. That’s why from the moment we were designated with our own rooms, I have locked everyone out and made sure that nobody could enter my place.

 

“I just don’t get it why you haven’t had anybody enter your room. You barge inside my room every time you wish.”

 

Jinhwan hyung and I had been very close ever since we were trainees. He always looked after me. He acted like our group’s mother and made sure everyone is receiving the comfort of being in a family. More than a mother, he always had been a special friend for me. I enjoyed being with him more than the company of others. Every time I needed him, he would run to me without second thought. I had loved him because of that. At some point we acted as lovers, being clingy and stuff. But words haven’t been spoken on what is the real stand between us. I am just happy that he is here for me and he knows that I am here for him.

 

“Stop preaching. I just let you in because I need you to fix my door.”

 

“Ah, let me stay for a bit.”

 

He jumped in my bed and rolled like a kid. He wrapped himself around my pillow just like koala.

 

“You look like a Koala, no offense.”

 

“A cute Koala, for this instance,” he slipped his tongue out and pulled my blanket to cover himself. He’s acting like a kid again.

 

“I’m sorry hyung, but now that our manager is on the way to fix this, you can already go out of my room. Please.”

 

He didn’t respond.

 

He acted asleep, mocking a snore as I tried to pull him off my bed.

 

“Hyung, stop pretending to be asleep. Get out!”

 

I hold him by his ankle and tried pulling him off but he didn’t even budge. Ah. I hate him when he’s acting like a tad.

 

“Okay fine, I give up. I’m just going to go out to buy us something to eat. What do you want?”

 

“Anything is fine.”

 

It is not like I cannot do anything about Jinhwan being in my room. I just gave up because I really did want him to stay a bit longer. It has been months since the last time we bonded like this. Though we are stuck on the same group, it is rare for us to hang just by ourselves and have fun. We are always running around doing work related stuffs and having such privilege of a rest day is something I want to share with him.

 

I got up from the side of my bed and got my wallet. I headed out but then it happened again. The door is jammed.

 

I tried forcing the doorknob open but nothing is happening.

 

What the actual ? 

 

I started cursing at the back of my mind. I really didn’t know what to do. Now I am stuck here with Jinhwan hyung. It isn’t really that bad but I just don’t like the idea of getting locked up.

 

I started to panic and Jinhwan seemed to realize what is happening. He propped himself up from my bed and set aside the pillow he was cuddling. He peered at me as if getting an idea on what is happening.

 

“Are we locked up?”

 

I just nodded.

 

He stood up and pushed me aside. He tried opening the door by himself.

 

“Don’t force it too hard. We might have to remove the whole door if it is ruined.”

 

“If we don’t get out of here, we are ruined.” He said firmly.

 

After what he uttered, all I can here were repetitive banging of wood and silent cursing from Jinhwan. I tried to hold him back because I was worried the he was already hurting himself slamming the door. Unfortunately, because of his intense force, I was abruptly pushed aback when he swung his arms and forgot that I was behind. I hit the wall hard and groaned loudly because of the pain. Then he stopped.

 

My back hit the wall so hard that one hanging portrait fell and the glass broke. I leaned my back against the wall and tried to compose myself. I can feel the sensation of pain in my back and it was not a joke. It was really painful. I groaned again as I propped myself to sit, my back against the wall.

 

Jinhwan was in a state of shock. He didn’t know what to do. He hurriedly approached me, with eyes already damped.

 

“I’m so sorry, June. Does it hurt?”

 

“OH GOD, IF I BANG YOU ON THE WALL, YOU THINK IT WOULD HURT? OF COURSE IT DOES HURT.”

 

He was taken aback because of my sudden rage but his hands are still pinning me up from my shoulders. He forced me to face the wall so that my back is facing him and he tried lifting my shirt. Of course I tried to resist because I didn’t get what he’s up to.

 

“Just follow, you fool. Let me check if you have bruises.”

 

His tone is so worried I surrendered and followed. I faced the wall and leaned back. I removed my oversize shirt. Jinhwan held me close as he studied my back.

 

Then the door was blasted open.

 

“June, are you alri—WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING? OH GOD? DID I JUST INTERRUPT  YOUR… OH GOD I AM SO SORRY!” Chanwoo uttered in complete shock.

 

After he banged the door open and shouted those words, he flee going back to his room.

 

It took me a moment before I realized what he saw, what he thought he saw, and what he concluded we were doing. Jinhwan’s hand was on my waist pulling me near as his other hand was checking my back. I was facing the wall, my hand on it as I leaned down to adjust at Jinhwan’s height. It was super awkward I swear. It only took a split second before I grabbed back my shirt and slipped it back on me. I was avoiding Jinhwan’s eye contact because it was really awkward. But after my hastily actions, he realized the situation. He rushed out and furiously knocked at Chanwoo’s room.

 

Maybe the kid needs some clear explanation on what he saw. I guess.

 

I left my door open and I slid myself under the sheets of my bed. Let me just take a moment to forget this mischievous mishap. This is entirely that door’s fault.