I can see that you love me.

I can see that you love me.

 

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt with the heart.

This was a phrase that I had been taught all of my life yet I never understood, not until that day. The day that I confessed to the love of my life. It was a year ago today…

Choi Minho walked down the sidewalk with his hands dug down into his coat pocket as he instinctively tried to avoid the cold of the snow that was drifting down.

He paused to wait on the traffic light to change so he could walk across and took the opportunity to look around. He had never really stopped to appreciate the beauty of this time of the year.

The snow glittered around him and he felt someone bump him from behind and he turned around to yell at whoever it was when a familiar apology met his ears. “Mianhae I…” He said and Minho froze, blush crawling up his cheeks as he saw the boy he’d been crushing on for months.

“Oh, no don’t worry about it. Ah, the light is still green let’s go.” Minho mumbled in a rush. “Taemin, right?” He asked and the latter nodded as they walked together. “Um… This isn’t really the way I imagined but… I figure now is as good as any since we’re here… Um… I really like you Taemin.” Minho said as they came to a stop.

“Really?” Taemin asked, looking up at him with a smile on his face. “Y-yeah. I liked you from afar for a long time. I never was able to go up to you in class though….heh heh, well um… how about this scenery huh?” He laughed awkwardly, blushing, and trying to change the topic.

Taemin looked around before smiling and taking Minho’s hand. “It’s okay… I can tell you mean it. I like you too Minho… but you see, it’s much more beautiful to me because I can’t see it. I’m blind but I can see just as clearly as you can.” He said.

Minho stared wide eyed. “I can see that you’re a nice person and that you truly love me… I can tell these things because they’re very precious and I’m not blinded by life….” Taemin finished and he smiled, leaning up to press his lips to Minho’s softly. “I hope that you can feel these things too.”